Quantcast

PreCentral: Cycle Email Dashboard Notifications (TouchPad)

This tip is only for HP TouchPads running webOS 3.0.5

Cycle Email NotificationsWhile

link hidden, please login to view
have always been a hallmark feature of webOS, the ability to was a great enhancement because it allowed you to do things like view and dismiss one email at a time instead of all the new emails that recently arrived. Unfortunately, you still needed to view the email notifications in the order they arrived so there was no way to keep a notification in the dashboard while still moving to the next email. Your only choices were to leave all the remaining notifications in the dashboard, dismiss one email notification, or dismiss them all. But, as is another hallmark feature of webOS, the homebrew community created a nice workaround for this issue.

If you install the Cycle Email Notifications patch by GMMan, available in Preware or webOS Quick Install, your email notifications will automatically scroll from one message to the next every 5 seconds or so. They will cycle while you are working on the TouchPad, in exhibition mode, or even on the lockscreen. While it may take a little bit of time if you have a lot of notifications, this will at least allow you to keep or dismiss only the email notifications you want.

mf.gif

a2t.imgMuGvDCgKeGY

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kevin_Idaho
      Our LG TV was just updated with the latest software - before when the TV was turned on it was set to the previous input (one of the HDMIs).   Now it appears to be sent to the Home Dashboard and I have to manually change it to the desired HDMI input.    Does anyone know how to fix this?    Thanks!
    • By Filip_IT
      Hello
      I have login issue on a brand new LG TV 55UR640S0ZD there I  want to create content with content manager and create Groups with Group Manager 2.0.
      I´m trying to login to Dashboard with chrome and Internet Explorer browser which is connected to wlan with IP address:
      link hidden, please login to view  Here it says to Input Password and I have tested
      admin
      Without success, what is the default password?  
      I have reset the TV from Hotell mode menu and ordinary Menu to factory default but does it exist any other way to reset TV?
      How can I get access to my TV?
      All help is appreciated
      BR. Filip

• By Dimetrius Smith
      Hello guys
      When i try to open home dashboard i see notification
      How can i fix it?
    • By LG TV 60UF8500
      My LG TV 60UF8500 Version 04.06.25 is the lastest version according to the LG software website. When I hit the home button. there is no dashboard icon so cannot use the AirPlay, please help. I been watching videos and reading guides for 6 hours. I clicked all the button and none of them take me to the dashboard. Can anyone help me with this?
    • By Alex
      LG Electronics is set to launch a new Wee Web OS 2 according to documents leaked by LG insiders, it comes with a new gaming control dashboard that allows users to fully control games downloaded from Google’s Stadia and Nvidia’s gaming download service as well as a new chipset for third pary users.
      The leak comes as the battle over smart TV operating systems intensifies, with brands such as Samsung, LG and Sony now raking in millions from a click of the ticket from consumers signing up to third party apps embedded on their TV’s.
      The leaked LG Electronic document has given an insight into a new Wee Web OS 2 for OLED TV’s along with new gaming capabilities.
      During the past decade over 100M Web OS TV’s have been sold with LG’s Smart TV base surpassing 160M in 2021 with up to 25M devices added yearly.
      Connected TV Platform research shows that there is now 1.28 billion connected devices.
      Samsung and their Tizen OS is on top with 12.7% share, LG and their Web OS is second with 7.3% share while Sony coming in third with 6.4% share.
      Last year LG Electronics gave away their WebOS software to third party TV manufactures a move that allows the3m to collect more revenue from app sales available via their OS which undergoing a makeover so that more third-party apps can be integrated into their Web OS software.
      ChannelNews has been told that several third-party TV manufacturers are set to move to the Samsung Tizen OS, after Samsung followed LG’s move with the offer of free smart TV software for third party manufacturers.
      In the battle to get third-party brands to use their OS, LG is providing an SW turnkey solution to board manufacturers including the ability moving forward for brands to put their own logo on the top of the OS.

hey are also providing a video for manufacturers to use instore video to promote their TV brand running the LG WebOS software.
      LG’s claims that they have 160 International broadcasters on board as well as close relationships with Microsoft, Dolby, and several other leading brands.
      As part of their new offering LG is set to roll out a new ‘Full Home UX’ Magic Remote.
      The new remote when activated immediately delivers a brand-new home screen with “enhanced usability” the document claims.

New listings include, Membership and Search, Recent Inputs, Home Dashboard, Frequently Viewed Channels, Web Browser, and CP Content previews.
      Listed as coming is new gaming including Google Stadia and Geforce Now from Nvidia, Apple TV, Paramount +, as well as Fubo TV.
      It also appears that Wee 2.0 is set to be powered by a new processor from Realtek.
      The advantage of the new chipset is that sharpness and contrast are better optimised and memory use is reduced without compromising picture quality.
      The new chipset also delivers ‘Super Resolution Upscaling” but only on OLED TV’s.
      Also built in is Alexa voice control  but not for the Australian market.

Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view