Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: Export your contacts via Command Line (homebrew)

Export contactsYou always want to make sure that you have a backup of your critical data that you keep on your smartphone or tablet, and your contact list should be towards the top of your priority list when to comes to ensuring you have recent backup. If you use cloud-based synergy accounts for your contacts like Google Contacts, Facebook or Yahoo, you are probably less worried about having a backup since you can always go back to the source data and pull it down again. But if you use the Palm Profile or a different "local" account for your contact data, the only way to access your data is on the device itself. If that device gets lost or your backup gets corrupted, you run the risk of forever losing that data.  There are a few methods that you have to back up your contracts, with the easiest being just

link hidden, please login to view

In order to perform the steps above, though, you need a working touchscreen to activate a few of the on-screen buttons. So what happens if your screen is cracked or the touchscreen in unresponsive?  Thanks to webOS forum member gizmo21 we now have the ability to export your contacts via command line so you can just plug your device into a computer to export your contacts. One prerequisite for this process is that your device must already be in Developer Mode, as explained in our guide to

Once your device is in Developer mode, just plug it in to your computer. If you have the webOS SDK installed, you can directly open up a Linux Command Prompt, but an easy way to do that is to open up WebOS Quick Install and select "Tools" and then "Linux Commandline". Once the command prompt appears, type in the follow command, depending on your webOS version.

mf.gif

a2t.imgw1IX3IxCVsg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this