Quantcast

PreCentral: Adjust Stack overlap spread (LunaCE)

News Reporter

TouchPad stack spread out

This tip is only for HP TouchPads running webOS 3.0.5 and LunaCE 4.9.5 or higher

While the

link hidden, please login to view
and method of multitasking in webOS will allow you to see many of your open applications at once, you are only able to get a small glimpse of what is on the screen for any app beside the top one. While this made sense for phones that have limited screen real estate, the TouchPad offers a much larger area for you to work with so it would be great if you could see more of the open apps in a stack. Unfortunately, you have no say in how much each app overlaps each other.

However, once HP released their Open Source "" for the HP TouchPad (not to be confused with ), the group at was able to give you the ability to adjust the overlap settings with a simple gesture as part of (pronounced "lunacy"), available in . Note that LunaCE is currently in beta so you will need to go through the process to set-up the beta feeds in Preware, which can be found at testing.preware.org. In addition, you will need to have installed on your TouchPad to toggle this new feature.

Once you go into the "Luna" section of Tweaks and toggle "Stack Spread Gestures" to YES in the "GESTURES" section, you can then perform a two-fingered zoom-in or -out gesture when in Card View and you have a stack with more than one app. For stacks with only two cards, you spread the cards enough to be able to see almost 75% of the app in the back. As you can see in the screenshot, for 3-card stacks, you can spread the stack where you can still see more than half of each app. Of course, as you add more apps to a stack, the visible area of each app will go down as well. And If you want to go back to only seeing a sliver of each app, just pinch your fingers together and they will collapse back together.

mf.gif

a2t.imgDBQMTVBEfu4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Low Grade
      i just started using a new LG 43UR7550 (cheapest model from them).......1st time using a LG as well as a Smart TV too.......and so far having a hard time adjusting the picture and sound (never had such problems with previous TVs)😒

1) sound is worse than i thought since the speakers are down-firing (my previous TV had front-firing speakers)...........it has the AI Sound Tuning - so after it had tuned the sound - do i set the Sound Mode to ''AI'' or should i use ''Custom Settings'' to use the equalizer ??😬

2) the TV has many different settings like Noise Reduction, TruMotion, etc.......so how to calibrate for best picture since i read that people say it's best to turn them all off ?😬

3) i can turn off the screen when watching free-to-air broadcast channels.........but can i turn off the screen if i'm using Youtube app on the TV..........?..........what if i use a HDMI cable from my PC to the TV - can i turn off the screen ?🤒

many thanks in advance😃
    • By Lebona
      DSTV now app doesn’t launch, stack  on black screen. I’ve reinstalled and set to factory default still not starting.
    • By peppeve
      Is possible to have the correct code to set in AREA CODE from the ezadjust menu for my tv? I have an imported EU 60lb730v my actual code is 3122 but i need ITALIAN AREA CODE for set on the MHP function. Thank's
    • By News Reporter
      This tip is only for HP TouchPads running webOS 3.0.5 and LunaCE 4.9.5 or higher
      Although the size of the screen on the TouchPad is much larger than that of any webOS phone, the size of the apps that are visible in the
      link hidden, please login to view and that are shown in  are no different. This is not exactly an efficient use of screen real estate that should allow you to see more of the apps that are available to you. With the released of the Open Source "" for the HP TouchPad (not to be confused with ), the group at was able to give you more control over how the cards and stacks appear on the screen as part (pronounced "lunacy"), available in . Note that LunaCE is currently in beta so you will need to go through the process to set-up the beta feeds in Preware, which can be found at testing.preware.org. In addition, you will need to have installed on your TouchPad to toggle this new feature. Just as you can adjust the amount to view more of the apps within a stack, LunaCE also gives you the ability to adjust the zoom level of the cards and stacks on the screen.  Once you go into the "Luna" section of Tweaks and toggle "Card Zoom Gestures" to YES in the "GESTURES" section, you can then perform a two-fingered in or out gesture when in Card View to adjust that zoom level. You can keep the zoom to a level where you only see a sliver of the adjacent stacks to the current one, or zoom out to be able to view up to 5 stacks at once in landscape.
      The one thing to note is that if you also have the "Stack spread gestures" toggle also set to YES, any time you pinch-in or -out to zoom on a stack with more than one card will prioritize the stack spread gesture and not the zoom amount. You will need to swipe over to a stack with only a single card first and then perform the zoom gesture.

• By News Reporter
      One of the defining features of webOS has always been the gestures that you can use to navigate around the OS. While the release of the TouchPad saw the first webOS device without a
      link hidden, please login to view, it still kept many of the same gestures that were found on webOS phones. You could still to minimize a card or to access the Application or Device dropdown menus, but gone was the ability to quickly switch apps with the ). Because, you know, no gesture area was there. However, once HP released their Open Source for the HP TouchPad (not to be confused with ), the group at was able to bring back the advanced gesture to quickly switch between apps as part of (pronounced "lunacy"), available in . Note that LunaCE is currently in beta so you will need to go through the process to set-up the beta feeds in Preware, which can be found at . In addition, you will need to have installed on your TouchPad to toggle this new feature.
      Once you go into the "Luna" section of Tweaks and toggle "Enable Side Bezel Gestures" to YES in the "GESTURES" section, you can then swipe in from either side of the screen to switch to the next open app, based on the direction of you swipe. However, this functions a bit differently depending on if you have also enabled LunaCE's feature and the app is part of a larger .
      If Tabbed Cards is not enabled, swiping in from the side of the screen will switch to the next app, regardless of it's the next app in the same stack or in a separate stack. If Tabbed Cards is enabled and your current app is not part of a larger stack, swiping in from the bezel will act the same as if Tabbed Cards aren't enabled and just switch you to the next app. If Tabbed Cards is enabled and the app is part of a larger stack, swiping in from the side will first activate the tabbed card functionality and show the remaining cards in that stack as tabs on the side of the screen. You can then swipe in the from bezel again and it will switch to the first card in the next stack.