Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: The new BlackBerry cometh [the competition]

The new BlackBerry cometh [the competition]

Today the fine folks from Waterloo unveiled the fruits of their most recent labors in the form of the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10, both powered by the new BlackBerry 10 operating system. Truth be told, there weren't many surprises this morning from The Company Formerly Known As Research In Motion™ (they're now calling themselves BlackBerry, by the way, like everybody else ever has been for a decade) thanks to the steady stream of leaks over the past, well, year.

The Z10 is BlackBerry's new 4.2-inch all-touch smartphone (and practically the same phone as was jammed inside a squared-off casing as the BlackBerry 10 Alpha developer devices), while the BlackBerry Q10 is the physical QWERTY keyboard with a square 3.2-inch screen entry. The former comes out tomorrow in the UK, next week in Canada, and in March for the United States, while the latter doesn't have a release date just yet.

Both the Z10 and Q10 look like solid pieces of hardware, but the real story is the new from-scratch operating system powering both: BlackBerry 10. Based off the QNX operating system that RIM purchased back in 2010 (which also powered the BlackBerry PlayBook), BlackBerry 10 offers a unique and gesture-driven take on the mobile operating system, though we're not certain it's going to catch on.

read more

mf.gif
emailthis2.gif bookmark.gif

a2.imga2t.imgb-kXDtb1Kj4

View the full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: ALL apps stopped working today on my OLED55C7

Suddenly all apps stopped working today, Dec 25, 2018. No Netflix, no Amazon, no Dolby app, no LG content store, Nothing. I assumed it was a network issue, but the TV says the network is fine and this is proven by the fact that (1) the TV is correctly setting the date and time using a time server, and (2) I am able to access  network device in my home.  My home internet is working perfectly. I tried reinstalling the firmware. No go. The built in reinstall doesn't connect either. I downloaded the correct firmware and put it on a USB stick. The TV sees the stick if I navigate to it, but doesn't prompt me to run the firmware update. Finally, as a miserable, undesirable, last resort, I reset the TV. THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER! Does anyone know how to fix this?

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• LG has a Feedback and Suggestions Form

For anyone that has browsed the LG website, you may have noticed random links to LG's feedback form which is powered by CVENT. The direct link is below: http://www.cvent.com/d/hfqr24

in LG webOS Wish List

• Question: Streaming BBCA Video Unwatchable On Wired OLED65C7P LGWebOS But Fine On External Wireless ChromeBook

Just bought new LG OLED65C7P and am blow away with the picture quality of HDR.  I am running the latest available LG  WebOS update:  04.70.36           3.7.0-5711401 (dreadlock s2-drto) Netflix, Pandora, and Amazon Prime all seem to work fine over LG WebOS My cable company only offers the BBC America channel in SD (Ugh!) so I decided to stream directly from  BBCAmerica.com ("Killing Eve" S1E1). My LG OLED65C7P is currently wired to my LAN running approximately 60 mbps as measured with SpeedTest.com. As another data point, My NetFlix LG OLED65C7P application tests the network ats approximately 66 mbps. Using LGWebOS, I browsed to BBCAmerica.com  to play "Killing Eve" S1E1.  It  attempted to stream but ultimately hung. I then hooked up a Chromebook using a wireless connection on my LAN ,  attached it to HDMI1, and it worked just fine. This makes NO SENSE to me.  How does a WIRELESS  Chromebook over the same LAN and website totally outperform a WIRED LG WebOS? Your thoughts / solutions / explanations gratefully solicited?  Thank you in advance.                            sit  

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• LG released the world's largest 88-inch 8K OLED TV to be unveiled at CES 2018

Translated to English via Google Translate from https://www.ettoday.net/news/20180102/1084276.htm   On the eve of the CES, LG Electronics, a technology leader in home appliance products, preemptively released a number of products including the latest 88-inch 8K TV before the launch of CES 2018, but due to the OLED panel The TV has become the world's largest 88-inch 8K OLED TV, is expected to be equipped with the latest WebOS system. LG Electronics' biggest rival, Samsung Electronics, introduced an upgraded version of its quantum dot technology on the new TV product line during CES 2017 and slammed it into the new series of QLED TVs with a 98-inch 8K resolution top-of-the- Press exhibition of the first-line TV brand. From a price point of view, LG's OLED TV is still not Samsung's QLED okay to the United States sold LG 77-inch 4K OLED, for example, priced at 20,000 US dollars, but Samsung's 88-inch 4K QLED TV is also 20,000 US dollars. Perhaps in order to still color, LG Electronics once again pushed its OLED panel technology, the first in the eve of CES 2018 launched 8K resolution OLED TV, and the size will be the world's largest 88-inch, related products, technical details and characteristics Without further explanation, LG has already forecasted that the product will be on display during CES 2018, and further news may be released at that time.

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Question: Powered TV on & a Static screen with sound (I only have intranet and no cable setup)

Just bought the LG smart tv 2017. When I power on the tv each time it comes up with the sound on and static looking screen until I press the home button to do a search for example Hulu.  How do I make it so when I turn on the tv the screen just shows a silent wallpaper picture? I went up the picture settings but there is no picture to choose from, it’s just the settings options. Where do I get a picture from to put it on the tv? I haven’t set up the Live Tv either because I don’t have cable or anything. Is this static looking screen part of that? If so, what is the live tv? (I understand with my Roku I could watch live tv off of that when I downloaded an app such as CNN live) Is it only for people that have a cable company and want to set it up that way? If so, how do I get rid of this? Thank you for your knowledge and help. V

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions