Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: The new BlackBerry cometh [the competition]

The new BlackBerry cometh [the competition]

Today the fine folks from Waterloo unveiled the fruits of their most recent labors in the form of the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10, both powered by the new BlackBerry 10 operating system. Truth be told, there weren't many surprises this morning from The Company Formerly Known As Research In Motion™ (they're now calling themselves BlackBerry, by the way, like everybody else ever has been for a decade) thanks to the steady stream of leaks over the past, well, year.

The Z10 is BlackBerry's new 4.2-inch all-touch smartphone (and practically the same phone as was jammed inside a squared-off casing as the BlackBerry 10 Alpha developer devices), while the BlackBerry Q10 is the physical QWERTY keyboard with a square 3.2-inch screen entry. The former comes out tomorrow in the UK, next week in Canada, and in March for the United States, while the latter doesn't have a release date just yet.

Both the Z10 and Q10 look like solid pieces of hardware, but the real story is the new from-scratch operating system powering both: BlackBerry 10. Based off the QNX operating system that RIM purchased back in 2010 (which also powered the BlackBerry PlayBook), BlackBerry 10 offers a unique and gesture-driven take on the mobile operating system, though we're not certain it's going to catch on.

read more

mf.gif
emailthis2.gif bookmark.gif

a2.imga2t.imgb-kXDtb1Kj4

View the full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• LG released the world's largest 88-inch 8K OLED TV to be unveiled at CES 2018

Translated to English via Google Translate from https://www.ettoday.net/news/20180102/1084276.htm   On the eve of the CES, LG Electronics, a technology leader in home appliance products, preemptively released a number of products including the latest 88-inch 8K TV before the launch of CES 2018, but due to the OLED panel The TV has become the world's largest 88-inch 8K OLED TV, is expected to be equipped with the latest WebOS system. LG Electronics' biggest rival, Samsung Electronics, introduced an upgraded version of its quantum dot technology on the new TV product line during CES 2017 and slammed it into the new series of QLED TVs with a 98-inch 8K resolution top-of-the- Press exhibition of the first-line TV brand. From a price point of view, LG's OLED TV is still not Samsung's QLED okay to the United States sold LG 77-inch 4K OLED, for example, priced at 20,000 US dollars, but Samsung's 88-inch 4K QLED TV is also 20,000 US dollars. Perhaps in order to still color, LG Electronics once again pushed its OLED panel technology, the first in the eve of CES 2018 launched 8K resolution OLED TV, and the size will be the world's largest 88-inch, related products, technical details and characteristics Without further explanation, LG has already forecasted that the product will be on display during CES 2018, and further news may be released at that time.

By Alex, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 1 reply
    • Question: Powered TV on & a Static screen with sound (I only have intranet and no cable setup)

Just bought the LG smart tv 2017. When I power on the tv each time it comes up with the sound on and static looking screen until I press the home button to do a search for example Hulu.  How do I make it so when I turn on the tv the screen just shows a silent wallpaper picture? I went up the picture settings but there is no picture to choose from, it’s just the settings options. Where do I get a picture from to put it on the tv? I haven’t set up the Live Tv either because I don’t have cable or anything. Is this static looking screen part of that? If so, what is the live tv? (I understand with my Roku I could watch live tv off of that when I downloaded an app such as CNN live) Is it only for people that have a cable company and want to set it up that way? If so, how do I get rid of this? Thank you for your knowledge and help. V

By Vin, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 1 vote
      • 2 answers
    • Question: install the webos3 operating system on the oled 55ce9300 TV

Hello Is it possible to install the webos3 operating system on the oled 55ce9300 TV

By Masuod Mr01, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 4 answers
    • LG INTRODUCES WEBOS POWERED COMPACT LASER PROJECTOR

LG INTRODUCES COMPACT LASER PROJECTOR DESIGNED FOR HOME CINEMA ENTHUSIASTS ‘LG ProBeam’ Delivers Cinematic Viewing Experience In Compact, Portable Form Factor ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., May 31, 2017 — LG Electronics USA today introduced the “LG ProBeam,” a new laser projector that offers the versatility to deliver a full cinematic viewing experience anytime, anywhere. The compact new home theater projector is available now in the United States at a suggested price of $1,499.99. “As an industry leader in LED projectors, LG continually pushes the boundaries of innovation to provide consumers with affordable, high performing, and artfully designed home entertainment products,” said Tim Alessi, head of Home Entertainment product marketing at LG Electronics USA. “With the ability to project up to 2,000 lumens of brightness and a picture as big as 120 inches (diagonal), the lightweight and versatile LG ProBeam can transform any living space into your very own home theater.” The LG ProBeam projector (model HF80JA) is equipped with an advanced laser engine that produces up to 2,000 lumens of brightness and features a slim, sleek design, which makes it more portable, thanks to its innovative I-shaped laser engine. Employing a compact standing-type design, the 4.6-pound LG ProBeam is one of the industry’s lightest Full HD laser projectors in the brightness range of 2,000 lumens. “Never worry about screen distortion,” says Alessi, thanks to the LG ProBeam’s vertical Auto Keystone alignment feature that automatically detects and corrects any screen image distortion for ideal projection alignment. (Manual Keystone alignment also is available for fine tuning adjustments if needed.) With Bluetooth audio out, the LG ProBeam can be paired with any Bluetooth audio product such as an external speaker or headphones. www.LG.com 2 The LG ProBeam’s Wireless Mirroring feature takes advantage of Miracast® to project content from smart devices onto a large projection screen. What’s more, the LG ProBeam features Wireless Content Share via the LG TV Plus App. Simply download and install the free LG TV Plus app from Google Play or the App Store on a compatible Android or iOS device, to stream videos and photos easily from a smartphone or tablet to the projector over a home network. The LG TV Plus app also includes a handy touchscreen remote control feature for convenient and easy control of the LG ProBeam. The LG ProBeam is equipped with LG’s award-winning webOS Smart TV platform, giving consumers access to the ever-growing number of streaming services and other desired programs based on location and availability.* LG’s Magic Remote Control allows for easy navigation of the webOS interface. Press Release: http://www.lg.com/us/PDF/press-release/2017 Projector Release_5_26_17_FINAL FINAL.pdf   Available on Amazon $1497  

By Alex, in LG webOS Smart Projector

• 0 replies
    • [pivotCE]TCL, Blackberry & Palm

Shortly after the end of CES, I searched idly for any news from TCL. You may have read that they recently acquired the rights to make & sell Blackberry hardware. Longtime readers will recall TCL’s announcement at 2015’s CES that they had acquired from HP, the last remaining piece of Palm Inc: The brand name. To create an image for that story, I added Palm’s logo to the image on TCL’s website: Palm joins TCLSince that announcement, where TCL encouraged the ‘Palm community’ to participate in developing a device worthy of the name, there has been silence. Now, some have speculated that we could see some kind of combined Palm/Blackberry wonder device, but so far only a Blackberry has been revealed. If you click the link, you can see the familiar keyboard style & this points up the difference between the two purchases: One is a license to manufacture a branded product including hardware & the software that runs on it. The other is just a brand name. Of course, nothing prevents TCL from making anything it wants & calling it a Palm device, but despite it’s recent travails, the Blackberry brand is a going concern with up to date & current technology. Palm is not. In my search for TCL/Palm news, I of course visited the website & the image at the top of this story is from that site. My only change this time was to enlarge it. Note how the Blackberry logo has been added, then realise that the Palm logo doesn’t appear on their website & to my knowledge, never has. Two years on from the 2015 announcement, this likely tells us all we need to know about the future of the Palm brand, but there is one optimistic spin that can be put on this: TCL own the Palm brand. There’s a lot more direct benefit from the Blackberry arrangement, but it’s a licensing deal & one that has resulted from Blackberry’s problems in selling it’s own product. TCL’s Alcatel brand has long been an affordable, no doubt profitable, but unspectacular also-ran in the mass market. The team-up gives TCL access to a technology leader, a respected brand & enables Blackberry to concentrate on software, letting TCL worry about selling product to the masses. If TCL succeed, some of the profit will return to Blackberry. If they fail or the deal turns sour for some other reason, they have another brand ready to be painted on a high-quality handset; A brand unencumbered by licensing fees or any other external requirements: Palm. But really, don’t hold your breath! Related posts: Video: A feature comparison between webOS and Blackberry 10 HP is to Palm as Lenovo is to Motorola…Not Good Christmas News Crumbs, 2016 View the full article

By pivotCE, in pivotCE News

• 0 replies