Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: Browse photos in Gemini File Manager

Gemini - Browse Photo viewThe Photos app on the TouchPad is great for viewing all the photos on your device (and your synergy accounts), but it's not always the most efficient way to browse or find that one picture you may be looking for.  If you have Gemini File Manager, by Oma Studios, installed on your device, you have another option that may just work for you.

Upon loading up the app, you just need to browse to the folder that you want to view and then either tap on the Gemini Photo Browsing icon along the bottom of the screen or directly tap on any image in that folder. This will bring up a new interface with a large view of the pic on the left side of the screen and smaller images on the right that you can scroll through. Whenever you tap on a photo, you will see the name of the photo on the bottom-right of the screen, along with buttons on the bottom-left to go back to the file manager view or set the photo as your device's wallpaper. 

While you don't have as many options as the Photo app in terms of sharing or printing the photo directly from the photo browsing view, you can go back to the file manager view and find the photo again (remember, you can identify the filename, as mentioned above) and the tap-and-hold on the photo to get a pop-up to rename or delete the photo, or get more info where you can email it from there

Gemini File Manager is available in the webOS App Catalog for $2.99 and is compatible with all webOS devices running webOS 3.0 or higher.

mf.gif
emailthis2.gif bookmark.gif

a2.imga2t.imgp9cEIGubWbY

View the full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: files on USB device shown as ._xxx.jpg

To have a picture  show on my new LG OLED55B87LC I've connected an external USB 3.0 hard disk (formatted with MS-DOS FAT32 on my iMac) that I've filled with hundreds of pictures from my Fotos App.  But when I open this drive on the TV the jpg pictures (numbered 1.jpg to 999.jpg) show up as ._1.jpg to ._999.jpg. When I scroll down at the end the list then the real jpg`s appear. So it looks like there's a copy of each file on this drive starting with  ._  ?? And all of them can't be shown on the TV - they look faulty ?  I've tried out with another drive / USB stick - just the same problem. Does anyone experience the same problems ? Do USB devices have to be formatted in a special way ? Any idea how to solve this ? 

Ah - and beside this strange thing - is it normal that it last that long for the system of the TV to create all the thumbnail pictures to show on the TV ? When I scroll through a long list of pictures it lasts always a few seconds until the icons of the pictures really show the contents. This is really annoying because it makes the feature useless if I need several minutes to find a picture I'm searching for. Why is it that slow ? Is the USB connection only with 2.0 Standard ? Or is it a performance problem of WebOS ?   

By rologoetz, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 2 answers
    • Question: Default audion output-->Bluetooth device

Hi, Is there any option to have a Bluetooth device as the default audio output on TV startup? I have an external BT speaker and I want it to work on TV startup...

By Sujaz, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • [Error] Ares-install: please check the device IP address or port

Hello. I try to Build Your First App for webOS TV, but in step 6. Install your app to emulator, I have error: "Ares-install: please check the device IP address or port" I don't know how to fix it. Please help me. Thanks.

By Nguyễn Trần Thanh Lâm, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 4 replies
    • picture in picture (pip) - feature request

I bought a new webos lg tv. I like the style, integration and simplicity of it. Only I miss one feature that I would expect on a new smart TV and that is a picture-in-picture (pip) feature. I understand that's a new platform for tv and some features are still new or in development. I hope this feature would be on an future update. Could we make a request on the development team of LG?

By slee, in LG webOS Wish List

• 19 replies
    • Question: Photos and Videos app works unintuitively?

I loaded the Photos & Videos app and was pleased to see a Filter that allowed it to show both Photos AND Videos.  So I applied that Filter (which was probably the default anyway).  I see thumbnails of Photos AND Videos.  So then I clicked on the first thumbnail, which happened to be a video.  When that video finished playing, it went to the next video and so on through all the videos.  I expected it to go to the next Photo OR Video.  In other words I expected it to step through and play the thumbnails as they were displayed by the filter. I don't suppose the LG webOS programmers visit this forum, but if they do, can this feature be changed?  If I just wanted to watch videos, I would have changed the filter to just videos.  Instead it looks like it launches the video player and then goes to the next video.

By Mark Tiede, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers