Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: The importance of the ecosystem

The importance of the ecosystem

This time a year ago, my regular electronic device use consisted of a two-year-old MacBook Pro, a

link hidden, please login to view
, and a
. My FrankenPre 2 was starting to show its age at that point, and for a device that I had quite literally hacked together both from a physical and software standpoint, I was surprised by how well it was still holding up.

In the past year I've upgraded my laptop to a new Retina MacBook Pro (what a screen), swapped my degrading FrankenPre 2 for a Sprint iPhone 4S, all but stopped using my TouchPad in favor of the faster, slimmer, lighter

, and added a
to the mix (I had a first-generation Apple TV, but it hadn't gotten much use since I moved into a place where my office and living room weren't the same room). Today I caught myself looking at
and
to complete the conversion. I've always been a fan of Apple's hardware products, but I wish I could have webOS running on all of my mobile devices, but in this day and age it's becoming harder and harder to be a webOS-everywhere user thanks to the manner in which webOS has rapidly fallen behind the competition on so many fronts.

mf.gif

a2t.imgLN1q6rMb7-M