Quantcast

PreCentral: Monday Brief: IFA 2012, BB10 Hardware, a WP8 Lumia Leak, and more!

News Reporter

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By SimonW
      WebOS 05.20.15
      DNS over TLS active on router (Cloudfare), all apps (like Netflix, Prime Video & HBO Max etc) are working fine, but the Apple TV app times out (no network)
      Removed the app, installed it again, but still not network. Turned DNS over TLS off, Apple TV works fine.
      According to Apple it's a LG (WebOS) issue, the only requirements, they say, are "active internet connection" and "no VPN".
      Also tested with Apple TV on a Fire TV Stick (on same network) and there it's working fine wiht DoT.  Unfortunately Fire Stick is not 4K, so app on TV is preferred.
      Look to me issue is with the Apple TV app itselfs, but Apple says it's LG.
      Anyone got some suggestions?
    • By boggy
      I have LG TV UF6800. TV is working well. The youtube app had worked well until a couple month ago. The yoyube hangs very often after playing advertisement. It also hangs after playing a long video (around 30 min). By "hangs" I mean it is still there, showing the youtube UI, but we cannot play any video. Just black, staying there forever.
      I am using wired network on the TV. 
      I tried updating app, nothing. I googled and tried unpluging power while watching...., no help. BTW the youtube (with the same user) works well on PC and iPad.
      If you think this is not LG's problem, please advise to whom I should contact.
      Bogang Tian
    • By leimberger
      While watching YouTube on my WebOS TV, I very frequently pause the picture and I do not like the picture dimming the second i hit pause.  It makes an extremely unpleasant experience when the remote requires 6 actions to go from 'pause' to 'play'.  
      Step 1) push 'pause'  (screen goes dim)
      Step 2) 'up arrow' (to get rid of dimming)
      Step 3) 'up arrow' a second time (to finish getting rid of dimming)
      Step 4) push  'play' (screen goes dim)
      Steps 5 +6) repeat steps 2+3  (screen is now bright and playing)  
      6 steps?   2 steps is the ONLY logical number.   1) pause and  2) play (actually just pause for both pausing and play but we'll leave that for now)  6 steps makes  for a VERY unpleasant viewing experience.  
      Yes I am aware the screen will return after about 3 seconds.  (unpleasant/frustrating)  
      Yes I am aware that I can use the 180 degree arrow key to reduce the number of steps to only 4.  There are 2 problems with this method.  1) Its still 2 steps too many.  2)  If i wait a split second too long, the screen will return to bright screen at the same moment I push the button and now that 180 degree arrow button is programmed to return you to the main menu.  This makes it even more aggravating because I now have to go into the history menu to restart the video.    
      Can someone please tell me how to eliminate the auto dimming?  If its not possible, can the webOS programmers just reprogram the system to stop doing this.  Yes, its a first world problem, but when you hit 'pause' as much as i do,  honestly want to return the TV.  I can't take how poorly it was designed.  It makes no sense.  thank you for your help.  

• By News Reporter
      Fans of a galaxy far, far away recently came together in Anaheim, California for this year’s highly-anticipated Star Wars Celebration. The event featured all things Star Wars, from celebrity panel discussions to immersive exhibits, and a collaboration of galactic proportions from LG and Lucasfilm.

The two innovative companies selected the celebration as the perfect occasion for LG to unveil a special Star Wars edition of LG’s award-winning LG OLED evo C2 65-inch model. Featuring a Star Wars inspired design aesthetic, user-interface and packaging, as well as a gallery of Star Wars content, the Star Wars LG OLED evo is sure to appeal to fans of Jedi and Sith alike. In a nod to the enduring franchise’s popular 501st Legion of clone troopers, only 501 units of the special-edition TV will be released in both the US and German markets.

The Star Wars LG OLED evo has been created with the ultimate fan in mind, combining LG’s self-lit display prowess and user-experience expertise with the distinctive flavors of the beloved space saga. The superb TV provides the breathtaking picture quality of LG OLED evo technology as well as lifelike sound, to help transport viewers to their favorite Star Wars locales, from Tatooine to Coruscant and everywhere in between, while watching their favorite Star Wars content.

LG OLED evo TVs leverage millions of self-lit pixels to deliver sharp, realistic images with perfect blacks, vivid, accurate colors and infinite contrast. Although ideal for watching any genre of content, the Star Wars LG OLED evo TV brings an extra layer of authenticity and immersion to the Star Wars viewing experience thanks to its unique design elements, UI and content gallery.

LG’s special-edition TV has an unmistakably Star Wars-themed look, including a Star Wars-branded remote featuring a user interface designed to reflect a LightsaberTM theme, and comes with a gallery of unique Star Wars visuals preinstalled. What’s more, the TV ships in Star Wars-branded packaging featuring an image of Darth Vader – whose instantly recognizable breathing can be heard whenever the TV is powered on. Additionally, each TV comes with a numbered certificate of authenticity.

Within the TV’s Gallery Mode, a feature that turns LG OLED into a digital canvas for displaying artwork, are two new categories that explore the world of Star Wars and the story of the iconic villain: The Conceptual Designs and The Journey of Darth Vader. The former boasts original storyboards and illustrations that show how Star Wars came to life while the latter looks at how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader through a rich array of content including movie posters and key scenes from the actual films.

LG OLED is widely recognized for delivering the ultimate in picture quality. Featuring LG’s new α (Alpha) 9 Gen5 AI processor 4K and advanced picture algorithms, LG’s OLED evo technology, which is applied to the company’s latest C2 series models, takes the movie viewing experience to immersive, new heights. On top of that, LG’s 2022 OLED TVs are the first to adopt Dolby Vision IQ with Precision Detail, which reveals previously imperceptible visual detail and nuance to add to the sense of realism. Cinematic audio completes the stunning TV, with LG’s latest AI processor enabling movie theater-like audio quality with virtual 7.1.2 surround sound.

The Star Wars special-edition LG OLED evo was on display at LG’s Empire-inspired exhibit during 
      link hidden, please login to view at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California (May 26-29), and at in Bonn, Germany (June 3-5). The TV will be available for sale, while stocks last, in the US and Germany.
      To learn more about the Star Wars Edition LG OLED TV, visit .
      # # #
      Lucasfilm, the Lucasfilm logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.

• By Triveni Dental
      It is really annoying to kNow that our LG webos does not have support for gaana, YouTube music and and nordvpn. Please please add the above mentioned apps.