Quantcast

PreCentral: CyanogenMod 10 early builds bring Android 4.1 to TouchPad

Jelly Bean drips buttery goodness onto the TouchPad

Remember that gut wrenching feeling we all had when the sad news came that our beloved

link hidden, please login to view
? Well don't be too down because there is a little ray of sunlight shining on TouchPad owners this week, and it's coming from the Android crowd, of all people. It seems that Android hacking guru James Sullins has leaked an early build of CyanogenMod 10 for the TouchPad. That's right boys and girls! You may not get the latest and greatest of webOS on your TouchPad but you will definitely have the most recent version of Android (aka ) to help keep your tablet from collecting dust. 

Right now this is a very early build of CM10 and the list of things not working is almost as long as the list of things that do work. Currently sound, mic, camera, and video acceleration are not working at all. On top of that there is a fistful of apps that force close or don't work altogether. With that said, this build does show promise and cool features like seem to be working fine. We do not recommend any of our readers install this unless you are of the adventurous type and just want to experiment. In which case you can click on the source link below and have some fun. As soon as a stable build hits the interwebs we will  have all of you covered with a full how-to on updating your device as well as a spiffy video showcasing CM10.

In the mean time check out this video put together by REVTV showing off the sweet taste of Jelly Bean for the TouchPad. 

mf.gif

a2t.imgRBKFbpGiOTU

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By coyote
      I'm surprised by how few Settings there are.  Is there an Android Settings App?
    • By Ayon Mondal
      Whenever I'm trying to run hotstar on my TV it is showing that NETWORK CONNECTION NOT STABLE TRY AGAIN.  Please solve the issue as soon as possible and let me know how to fix it.  This is the serial number of my TV :- 64387205122152TRFLJL
    • By SGray
      Hi - My LG television is currently being bombarded by my toddler messing with the physical control panel, mainly for the volume. Separate to this, I always like to have an Android-enabled remote as I don't always have the physical remote at my side.
      As I did with my old Samsung television prior to upgrading, I disabled the physical buttons on the television using Hotel Mode. I did it on my LG and it was perfectly fine... Until I went to use the LG ThinQ Android app. What followed was days of head scratching why suddenly my LG app was not working - In the end because a few days had passed, my toddler wasn't interested in the non-working physical buttons, I decided to play around with the Hotel Mode - This is when I found that there was a direct conflict between the Android app and Hotel Mode being enabled.
      I tried on a different phone with the same results. However toddler has once again realised the physical buttons work - So in the process of pulling out my hair. I did have another remote app which worked well on my Samsung television, but LG seemed to have nixed it on support so I cannot use the third party app.
      Is there a light at the end of the tunnel??
    • By swattt
      Dobrý den,
      Při sledování Smart TV LG s android boxemTesla se mi často vypíná obraz (problikne) a v rohu se objeví HDR. Nevím si rady v TV to nejde zakázat tak už opravdu nevím?? Kabel?? Mohl by mi prosim někdo dát někdo poradit co s tím?? Děkuji.
    • By News Reporter
      Companies Aim to Improve the In-Vehicle Experience via Seamless Integration of
      Virtual Assistant into LG’s Infotainment Solutions

SEOUL, July 28, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) has signed a memorandum of understanding with SoundHound AI, Inc. (SoundHound), a global player in voice artificial intelligence (AI), to jointly develop advanced voice AI technology for the next-generation of in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems.
      The partnership will leverage LG’s innovative IVI systems and SoundHound’s advanced voice AI platform, which enables conversational voice control, to bring an up-to-dated convenience to the driver and passenger experience.
      As an intelligence driven consumer electronics and IT business, LG has been trying to inspire the auto industry with new form-factors. Simultaneously, LG always pursues an innovative partner for the future of mobility.
      SoundHound’s advanced voice AI platform is built on Speech-to-Meaning® and Deep Meaning Understanding® technologies. These technologies enabled the evolution of voice experience from a legacy command-and-control interface to a more intuitive conversational functionalities for drivers and passengers.
      This new collaboration will also allow users to take advantage of SoundHound’s voice commerce partnerships – meaning drivers and passengers will be able to pay for gas, parking or even order food directly from their vehicles, simply by using the microphone and infotainment display. Such voice-enabled commerce could help OEMs build new revenue streams via their connected vehicles.
      Voice recognition is beginning to see much wider adoption in the auto segment, after initially being available only as an optional extra in select luxury vehicle models. As safety and ease-of-use being enhanced, voice AI technology will make it possible for carmakers to provide a range of services that will allow drivers to perform a variety of tasks hands-free and without taking their eyes off the road. Its wider implementation will also improve any commute or journey for those occupying the passenger seats as well.
      With the virtual assistant market expected to grow considerably over the next decade, more automakers are recognizing the need to bring voice recognition features to their vehicle programs. In order to meet the anticipated rise in demand and move the technology forward, LG has partnered with the SoundHound. The two companies aim to bring innovative, new voice functionalities and capabilities to LG’s next-gen IVI systems to change the in-vehicle experience for the better life.
      “We’re excited to collaborate with SoundHound and look forward to providing new in-vehicle experiences through seamlessly integrating its voice AI platform with our latest IVI system architecture,” said Eun Seok-hyun, president of the LG Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company. “This partnership will allow us to better meet the needs of our auto industry customers and create innovative solutions that will help driving the future of mobility.”
      “Our agreement with LG will allow auto manufacturers of all sizes to deliver the kind of voice-enabled infotainment experience that users have come to expect in every part of their lives,” said Keyvan Mohajer, president and CEO of SoundHound. “We’re entering an era where people are beginning to expect to talk to devices in the way they talk to each other, and that those interactions will be helpful and proactive. This experience is enabled by the most advanced voice AI technology.”
      Based in Santa Clara, California, SoundHound is a leading innovator in AI-based voice recognition and natural language processing solutions, operating across various industries including audio, telecommunications, financial services and automotive.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view