Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: Did HP show off an upcoming tablet in a new commercial?

Did HP show off an upcoming tablet in a new commercial?

Sometimes

link hidden, please login to view
, and
. The latest sixty-second spot from HP (after the break) does a bit of all three, and in typical HP fashion has done little to explain to me why I should want, let alone buy, HP's gear. But what it did do was show off something we haven't seen much of to this point: a new HP tablet.

Seen only from the rear and twice in the commercial (once from afar and barely on the screen around 0:34, and again up close at 0:56), the tablet appears to be in the 10-inch screen-size ballpark and has a metal body with a big black plastic antenna window along one side. Even though the glances are brief, we're kind of getting an 'Envy' vibe from the tablet.

Seeing as there's no seeing of the front, there's no telling what software the tablet's running. If we had to guess, it's probably got an

. But fear not, webOS fan, for all it takes is one recollection of HP's decision to use the
in
for us to conjure the possibility that this hardware could also run the upcoming open source successor to webOS.

Or it could just be

, as they're prone to do…

mf.gif

a2t.imgi2pnYvW9jm8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By Debojit Kundu
      Hi I recently updated the software to 5.30 version, and after that I noticed a weird problem with video streaming, in general issue with internet bandwidth. Usually my b/w is ~35 mbps so that is sufficient for 4k streaming on youtube or netflix. The issue is after running for 10-15 mins if I pause the video or go backward the network speed is thrashing badly. For example when I check internet connection on netflix it shows ~30-35 mbps, but whne that problem occurs and I check the speed again I see the speed is dropped to <1mbps. Same with youtube, it can't load 4k videos anymore as the speed is ~1mbps. I can realize the problem as the thumbnails load very slow with scrolling. This problem does not get away unless I restart the TV or disconnect from wifi AP and connect back. The router always works fine I mean when I observe the problem on tv I can run videos on mobile seamlessly and see a speed of ~40 mbps on the same router. The router is kept next to the TV so I don't think it is some issue with wifi distance etc. I don't know what to do. I tried resetting but it removed all my app but it was actually not a so called "factory reset". So software version remained same. To rule out hardware problem I want to revert to previous version of the software but apparently I can't downgrade the software. Is there any other approach to load some previous version firmware?
    • By PVN Satyanarayana
      Hi, I purchased my SMART TV model 43LF6300 in the year 2016 and current Firmware Version 04.06.40. Every one India using their favorite app like Disney Hotstar+, Zee5, Aaha and many more apps but those are not available on my TV which is annoying.. I spent Rs. 54000 to buy LG Smart TV but all the latest apps are not available. Please release the latest Web OS for these models at least Beta version unless the TVs like this will be useless and no one trust LG products. Thanks in advance and hope to receive latest Web OS soon.
    • By buckda
      After update, sound and picture is gittering.. picture jumps and sound goes quite then very loud every second. Can I reverse the update 
      this occurs on TV, Netflix, and Prime,  so it is not an app issue..
      how can I fix this.  Turning tv on and off does nothing 
    • By David314
      This is the second time this has happened to me. I received a notification in WebOS that an update to Netflix was required. I attempted to update, after which I received an error "Application has not been installed. Try again". I repeat the process with the same result. This is on my my LG-E9 (2019).
      Netflix now no longer functions and continues to prompt to update app. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still get error.

I would really appreciate some actual help from customer support if possible this time. Any help?  I'd rather not perform a damn factory reset again!
      Regards,
      David

• By Dean
      Hi all, some good news! I recently contacted Disney support enquiring about the availability of Disney+ app for LG TV's. Here's their response....

Thank you for contacting Disney+ Customer Support! We appreciate your question.
      As of this moment we are still working to make our services available on as many platforms as possible. 
      Below I have provided a list of a few devices we are currently compatible with: Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV, and fully integrated with the Apple TV app; customers can subscribe to Disney+ via in-app purchase) Google (Android phones, Android TV devices (LG Smart TV), Google Chrome-cast, and Chrome-cast built-in devices) Microsoft (Xbox One) Sony/Sony Interactive Entertainment (all Android-based Sony TVs and PlayStation®4) Roku (Roku® streaming players and Roku TV™ models) Also here are a few sites that will be updated with more information as it becomes available. I hope this was of some help.
      As far as an update that is something that you will have to do with your television. We will have the application available and ready on November 19th for download on all supported devices. Please sign up for updates at disneyplus.com.
      If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead. — Gusteau
      Regards,
      Disney+ Customer Support