Quantcast

PreCentral: Did HP show off an upcoming tablet in a new commercial?

Did HP show off an upcoming tablet in a new commercial?

Sometimes

link hidden, please login to view
, , and . The latest sixty-second spot from HP (after the break) does a bit of all three, and in typical HP fashion has done little to explain to me why I should want, let alone buy, HP's gear. But what it did do was show off something we haven't seen much of to this point: a new HP tablet.

Seen only from the rear and twice in the commercial (once from afar and barely on the screen around 0:34, and again up close at 0:56), the tablet appears to be in the 10-inch screen-size ballpark and has a metal body with a big black plastic antenna window along one side. Even though the glances are brief, we're kind of getting an 'Envy' vibe from the tablet.

Seeing as there's no seeing of the front, there's no telling what software the tablet's running. If we had to guess, it's probably got an . But fear not, webOS fan, for all it takes is one recollection of HP's decision to use the in for us to conjure the possibility that this hardware could also run the upcoming open source successor to webOS.

Or it could just be , as they're prone to do…

mf.gif

a2t.imgi2pnYvW9jm8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Marcelo
      I'm watching a movie (mkv) that has 10 built-in link hidden, please login to view, but webOs only shows 8 options and the one I want to select is the ninth option. My TV is LG 55 OLED B6. Is there a way to make this selection?  
    • By News Reporter
      Photo Credit: CBS Media Ventures / The Drew Barrymore Show
      Finding the time and means to make daily living easier can be a significant challenge. The pace and pressures of our modern world make it difficult to think outside of our well-worn routines. Fortunately, LG, recently recognized as America’s most reliable line of home appliances,1 can help bring convenience and comfort to everyday life.

In the fourth and current season of “The Drew Barrymore Show,” the globally popular American talk show hosted by actress and producer Drew Barrymore, the company is showcasing its latest lifestyle innovations and sharing some sage tips and helpful hacks for simplifying life at home.

Photo Credit: CBS Media Ventures / The Drew Barrymore Show
      Fans of the show will now be familiar with LG’s cutting-edge kitchen and laundry solutions, which have been featured in several segments with Barrymore and her guests demonstrating clever ways to reduce the time and effort spent on household chores.

Photo Credit: CBS Media Ventures
      The first
      link hidden, please login to view of the show, originally aired on October 24 2023, featured a range of LG kitchen appliances, including the , Together with lifestyle guru Danny Seo, known as , Drew explored her show’s newly remodeled kitchen, showed off her famous sense of humor and cooked up some delectable dishes making full use of LG’s innovative appliances.
      Photo Credit: CBS Media Ventures/The Drew Barrymore Show
      During the segment, Danny demonstrated his recipes for ‘Massaged Brussels Sprouts’ and ‘Creamed Corn Sheet Pan Tart,’ sharing his secrets on the art of healthy cooking while using the latest LG kitchen solutions to prepare his inspired culinary creations. With its SmoothTouch glass panel, LG’s cooktop provides precise heat management and effortless touch control.
      Photo Credit: CBS Media Ventures/The Drew Barrymore Show
      Also seen in the episode was LG’s Counter-Depth MAX refrigerator, which keeps ingredients fresh and cool and boasts the largest capacity of any counter-depth type French Door model,2 and the versatile smart double wall oven. As demonstrated by the entertaining duo of Drew and Danny, the oven’s LG InstaView panel lets users check on the progress of their meal simply by knocking twice on the door, thus keeping the heat inside and the cooking temperature stable.

The partnership between LG and the Drew Barrymore Show is a gift for those seeking greater simplicity in their lives, offering up wisdom and innovation from a company that embraces optimism and the belief that “Life’s Good.”
      In the first segment, she had nothing but love for LG and its smart, stylish and reliable appliances. She thanked LG for being one of the first major corporate brands to partner with her show since its inception.
      Stay tuned to the Drew Barrymore Show throughout the season to discover more tips, tricks and hacks for an easier life, proudly brought to you by LG, America’s most reliable line of home appliances.1
      # # #
      1 According to a 2023 leading consumer testing organization.
      2 TLG Counter-depth MAX refrigerator offers a capacity of 25.5-cubic feet, despite a nine percent reduction in depth compared to a conventional French-Door model. Its interior space provides 25 percent more room for storing food and drinks than LG’s previous counter-depth models, based on an internal study utilizing average cans to quantify available storage space, conducted in March 2022 (comparing LG models LRFVC2406S and LRFOC2606S).

• By ajmboy
      So LG has put webOS on TVs, projectors, and now cars with webos auto. Does anyone thing LG will ever produce a webos powered smartphone or tablet? I know samsung has tried with tizen and it was only with the palm pre 2 and touchpad from HP that we saw webos on these types of devices. Just curious on what everyone thingks. Here's what webos used to look like..

HP Touchpad

• By Ghame View
      Not sure if this has been previously posted.

Recently switched from a LG Nano Cell 85 to the LG C3 and really disappointed that now the Home button takes you to the full screen Home Page instead of showing a "Shelf" (I think I have the right term for it) of installed Apps. (image attached of what it used to look like)

It just feels better to be able to still watch/hear content while I am making a decision to switch or maybe even possibly even not because something catches my attention. I would say it is more efficient and less intrusive for my viewing experience.

If this can be implemented as an additional option again, that would be great!

• By Marco Coletti
      See topic title.  I have an Android box connected to HDMI 1 and would like to check if it auto switches frame rate according to the current video file.
      Is there any "secret code"?
      OLED48CX3LB with webOS 5.4.3-36 fw 04.41.45