Quantcast

PreCentral: Arthur Thornton heading to an HP internship… again

Arthur Thornton heading to an HP internship… againOur man

link hidden, please login to view
is popular guy in the webOS circles. Not only does he write for us here at webOS Nation, but he also is an active developer, notably of the popular TouchPad Twitter app . See, right about this time last year, Arthur was in the midst of a ten-week summer internship with HP's Developer Relations team, an experience where he learned plenty and similarly helped improve the developer relations process.

They must have liked him over at HP, because he got offered a second internship this summer, again at Developer Relations (even if they're on ). And he'll be leaving soon - Monday the 25th, in fact, is his start date out in sunny California. We'll give Arthur some space to do a little talking here, as he said on :

"Being on the inside again will enable me to help any webOS or Enyo developer further than I've been able to on the outside. I should be doing much of what I did last summer - developer portal and community stuff, such as tutorials - along with many more things."

While Arthur hasn't been with webOS Nation for a long time, we'll still miss having him around. He's been an invaluable asset, and we're sure he will be when HP returns him to us in six months. That's assuming they don't just want to keep him - we wouldn't blame them; he's good.

Arthur's not the only one interning for the HP webOS team this summer - , while webOS app developers and will also be pitching in.

mf.gif

a2t.imgjXgYU1YfsOA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Calvinder
      A couple days ago My LG Oled voice recognition stopped working.
      If I speak to it it just says "Voice not recognized"
      I have tried many things I found online to fix this issue with no luck.
      One suggestion was to go to Settings>all settings>general>AI Service>Voice recognition service and change to LG ThinQ.
      But the  Voice recognition service tab is gone. There is only voice recognition settings tab 
      I would rather not have to reset to factory settings unless there is a way to save / export my current seating's
      Any suggestions  

Thanks 

• By Samreen Singh
      I am facing this issue after updating to the latest version of firmware. On my Wifi, I am not able to install/ update any app. Error is coming as written in the title of this post. But when I am using mobile hotspot everythings fine. I have tried all options resetting my router to factory reset, resetting TV, dns setting change to 8.8.8.8. but nothing is working for me for my Wifi.
      My tv model is LGUP7500PTZ pls help
    • By jikhead
      I'm not getting any audio from the apps via the HDMI via ARC connection to my receiver.  This occurred two weeks ago and was unable to resolve it, but ironically there was new firmware released that same day for my B6 (3/31/17) and this fixed the issue.  However, now I again can't get it working after a TV reset and tinkering with the audio settings again.  I tried to load the firmware again, but it appears this is not possible to forceable load the same firmware.
    • By SNiPpy YiPpy
      Hello all,
      I believe this problem started after i accidently started and immediately cancelled the download of a app. After this I am unable to install or update any app evem after resetting to initial settings.
      This should be the exact problem found here https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1918-because-i-can however the solution seems to require a new update. Help?
    • By dennik
      I have a problem updating or installing amazon prime video app. When hitting the update button (after several factory resets) it simply says "Application has not been installed. Try again" after it stops.
      This possibly happened due to a cancelled update a week ago.
      Any ideas how to fix this? Factory reset doesn't work. App won't run without update, and update won't run.