Quantcast

PreCentral: Toggle Wi-Fi to find missing network

WP CentralWhile you will not typically hear complaints about the Wi-Fi on most webOS devices, the Pre3 seemed to take a step backward in the reliability of its wireless radio. In addition to a seemingly decreased W-Fi range, it also tends to not show all the available networks that are in range, even if they are

link hidden, please login to view
. This can be an extremely annoying bug that will cause your device to fail to connect to a known network, but it has an equally annoying (although relatively simple) fix. All you need to do is turn Wi-Fi off and then back on again, and all the wireless networks within range will show up again.

If you are a homebrewer, you can also install the "Cycle Wi-Fi in Device Menu" patch in Preware by GuyFromNam that will, not surprisingly, add a "Cycle Wi-Fi" option to the device menu to toggle your Wi-Fi off and then back on. This also appears to work alongside some of the Device Menu expansion patches such as Jason Robitaille's "Device Menu Megamix" patch.

mf.gif

a2t.imggJvF7DnA6CQ

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lleuadwen
      Hi, I hope someone can help. I recently bought this TV but can’t find the Art Gallery app that is supposed to be part of the Home Screen.  I have searched in apps but only third party art gallery style apps show. What am I missing here?
      Thanks

• By hans peter
      I have an LG32LM6300PLA Smart TV from 2021. I have SVT Play in the browser. How do I get it down to Home (the app bar at the bottom of the screen) so I can choose it there?
      /hans peter 
    • By Flavio_S
      On LG OLEDs. You go on and disable SIMPLINK. Fine. But everytime you turn on your HDMI device it enables itself back again. This happens because they have disables two key features that were present in previous OSs, as you can see clearly here
      link hidden, please login to view (they even put screencaps of the menus where you see the missing options in the 23) These functions are Auto Power Sync and Auto Device Detection.
      Man updates are supposed to add functionalities not the other way around. It's very annoying to turn on your TV and have your AVR turn on without you wanting to.

Anyone found a solution for this problem?
    • By techguy noob
      Hi,

My LG TV model number 32LM560BPTC is having an issue where the Sun NXT app is no longer available on the LG Content Store. I was able to watch it before, but starting yesterday, the app disappeared. However, on my other OLED LG TV, the Sun NXT app is still available in the LG Content Store. Is this issue specific to the 32LM560BPTC model TVs?

Thanks,
      Sarath
    • By makem
      I have a  LG OLED55C14LB WebOS TV in the same room as my xubuntu desktop computer and router.

I have installed Gnome Network Displays on the Linux PC and both machines are on the same 5G network.

When I connect the PC to the TV via WiFi the TV puts up a 'cancel' option and no option to connect. The Network display app only has an option to 'Return' which closes the connection.

If I do nothing and wait the connection times out and returns to the TV program. The TV is obviously waiting for permission to connect.

I cannot see any way to 'accept' the connection via the TV remote. Can anyone tell me how to accept the connection?
      In addition, is it possible to have the TV remember the WiFi password? Passwords are complex nowadays and it is a pain to keep having to input it. This make casting your desktop a chore.