Quantcast

PreCentral: AIOSettings homebrews together a unified System Preferences app for TouchPad

AIOSettings homebrews together a unified System Preferences app for TouchPad

We wrote about it in a webOS Wish List entry

link hidden, please login to view
, and today it's reality. Thanks to homebrew developer Garrett92C, the unified System Preferences app finally exists for TouchPad users. Dubbed (All-In-One-Settings), the Enyo-based app simply takes the seventeen separate Preferences apps and .

On the left you'll find a scrolling alphabetical list of the formerly separate Preferences apps. On the right, your selected Preferences screen. It's as simple as that. AIOSettings works in both landscape and portrait orientations, though if you find yourself wanting additional horizontal real estate you can collapse the list column down to just the icons to view the full-width of your selected Preferences screen. It helps that when laying out the Preferences apps for webOS 3.0, HP purposefully made them narrower than was necessary for the 1024x768 screen of the TouchPad, perhaps with this express purpose in mind. Also, it's worth noting that right now a few of the preference screens (Bluetooth, Print Manager, Software Manager, Text Assist, and VPN) don't open in AIOSettings and instead open in a separate card, but they do at least stack with the origin card. It's a known issue, and one we're sure will be addressed in due time. Before you get worried, AIOSettings does not replace or alter your existing Preferences apps, they're all still there and they all still work.

Like practically all homebrew development for webOS, Garrett92C has done this out of his love for the operating system and is providing AIOSettings . You can grab it now or via our feeds . If you're finding yourself approving of Garrett92C's work (and you should be finding yourself approving), then we might recommend you show your appreciation with as a "thank you" for the work.

mf.gif

a2t.imgofeog3z9s7o

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nick Payne
      I can stream ABC content using either the iView app on our LG G1 65" OLED, or via the iView Android TV app that is installed on a Chromecast with Google TV that is plugged into one of the G1 HDMI ports. If I stream content using the app on the TV, every few minutes there's a momentary (fraction of a second) interruption to both sound and video. If I stream the same content using the app on the Chromecast, I get no such interruptions. Both TV and Chromecast are using wired Ethernet connections to the same switch, so I can't see that these interruptions are due to a network problem, or I'd see them on both devices. It would seem to be a problem with the app provided on the TV. Other streaming services that we access via apps on the TV (Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime, etc) do not show the same problem.
    • By News Reporter
      Company to Present Vision of Reimagined Technology, Lifestyles and
      Experiences as the Tradeshow Makes Offline Return

SEOUL, Aug. 15, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) invites consumers from around the globe to experience its latest innovations up-close and in-person at IFA 2022 in Berlin, Germany (September 2-6). Under the theme of Life, Reimagined – with the booth displaying LG’s vision of reimagined technology, rediscovered lifestyles and redefined experiences – the company will introduce an array of products that break new grounds in technology advancement as well as unique, new solutions and services designed to deliver unparalleled customer experiences.
      LG is thrilled to be returning to Berlin for IFA for the first time since 2019. Europe’s premier consumer electronics tradeshow is back on the ground in the German capital after a two-year hiatus and ready to again wow visitors from all over the world.
      During IFA 2022, visitors can discover LG’s latest innovations, and learn how the company is reimagining the customer experience, at its booth in Hall 18 at Messe Berlin. Those who cannot attend IFA in person can still explore the LG booth by checking out the LG Booth video, which will be uploaded on the LG Global YouTube channel (
      link hidden, please login to view). # # #

• By H_Rovy
      I want to be able to turn on my TV without it automatically launching a cable channel. ( or repeatedly asking me if I want to turn on the cable box).  Is there any way to "just' start with the home screen? Also when I've been watching something (app or cable) and go back to Home screen, it will go back to what I was watching if there is no input for a minute or so. grrrr. so annoying
    • By Alex Ukraine
      Hi, I have a problem with setting area option for my TV LG C2 (now all app are locked). I bought it in Poland and after transferring to Ukraince I can`t change area option, due this a also have a problems with apps and lg store. Could you please help me))
    • By Hùng Mạnh
      Hello everyone,
      I have one of the model LG hotel tv: 50US660H for my project.
      But I don't know how to open the developer mode app and connect to PC for Develop
      Thanks for the help.