Quantcast

Slate Cloud Plum Berry Lawn Lime Orange Coco

Welcome webOS Fan, Sign Up Free!

Create Account Sign In
This is LG webOS, which stands for "Lets Go webOS", a site dedicated to webOS and its fans. Like most online communities you must register to take part and post in this forum. This is a fast and free process that requires minimal information from you. Be a part of LG webOS by signing in or creating an account. You can also use your Facebook or Twitter account to make it even easier!

Photo

LG adds HBO Go to smart TVs

HBO

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 322 posts

Posted December 16, 2014 - 08:40 AM

LG adds HBO Go to smart TVs

LG announced the addition of the HBO Go on-demand TV service to its smart TVs. HBO Go is available on LG TV's going back to 2012 models. LG said it's the first manufacturer to add HBO Go to its system. The HBO Go comes standard on the Premium Content menu, which is part of the webOS interface used on the most recent LG TVs. Users can also cast content from a smartphone or tablet to the LG TV.

Source: http://www.telecompa...rt-tvs--1055341

#2 Kremmit

Kremmit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 28, 2015 - 02:50 PM

Has anybody actually got this feature?  I can't find it in the app store.  Using 60LB6300, firmware 04.40.29 (updated 3 days ago) in the USA.

#3 emgee

emgee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted January 28, 2015 - 04:05 PM

I have just bought this webos 55lb65 tv, now with all these problems, good people what advice can you give me, to unpack and use this tv or take it back, I wanted a fhd smart 3d in the first place only when I got home only to find they've given me this webos thing, Good people advise me, keep it or send it back, I'm not familiar with technology, please tell me what to do, still unpacked

#4 bdcrites

bdcrites

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 15, 2015 - 10:55 AM

I just bought and setup a LG 43UF7600.  I installed the latest WebOS 2.0 and HBO Go on-demand TV service is still NOT listed in the Premium Content menu.  Where can I find and install this app?

#5 Darkonever

Darkonever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 18, 2015 - 06:05 PM

I can co firm that HBO GO is there. Just bought 42LF652V in Poland and it arkady has this app in main.

#6 juancarlosadex

juancarlosadex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted February 03, 2016 - 11:33 AM

Have an LG55uf8500 in southamerica (Peru) and still dont have HBOGO but changing location on the tv to Poland and Croatia i managed to install the apps from the Premium Apps and the only way to use them on my original location is using another DNS code in my network options, hope soon enough an app for south america arrives but the only new app this days is GooglePlay... like Bart simpsons says  BOOOOORINNGGG...!

wheres the LG webos support platform to make Complaints :)

#7 royharris

royharris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 10:11 PM

I purchased a 65UF8500 back in April (or thereabouts), and have just recently tried to get HBO Go on there, to no avail.  It's not in the LG Store, I tried going through the web to do it, again unsuccessfully, and I've called LG twice about this, the first time the lady wasn't sure what I was talking about, the second time the guy confirmed that there's no way to get it on an LG smart TV, and that there's never been a way...despite the press announcements made in December of 2014 that it was now available for all LG smart TV going back to 2012 models.  I don't know if LG and HBO had a falling out, or if they decided to make it so TV's manufactured after the press release didn't have the feature, or what, but I'm a little pissed that my Samsung which cost 2/3 what my LG cost was able to get it set up in under three minutes.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  

#8 skypickle

skypickle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 08:15 PM

When will we get this app? HBO GO requires flash on the web. Is this the stumbling block for building the app??

#9 yuletide

yuletide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 06:03 PM

Just got a new LG OLED TV and it is sweet except for the lack of HBO. C'mon guys work this out. What good is a Smart TV if you don't have the most popular shows?! The irony is that GoT shows up on the suggested shows -- but you have to buy the episodes through Prime or Vudu. Fail.

#10 biker007fr

biker007fr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted November 29, 2016 - 09:15 PM

HBO and Showtime not available on my brand new 4K TV... Really disappointed  :(

WebOS v04.30.40 TV UH610A

#11 Alex

Alex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 322 posts

Posted December 01, 2016 - 10:25 PM

HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and Starz should be available through Amazon Video.

https://www.cnet.com...h-amazon-prime/

#12 yuletide

yuletide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 02, 2016 - 02:36 PM

Don't see any way to login using existing cable/online subscription though. 

A monthly subscription for HBO on Amazon Channels is $14.99, similar to the HBO Nowstreaming option. Cinemax costs $9.99 a month.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users