Quantcast

LG adds HBO Go to smart TVs

LG adds HBO Go to smart TVs

LG announced the addition of the HBO Go on-demand TV service to its smart TVs. HBO Go is available on LG TV's going back to 2012 models. LG said it's the first manufacturer to add HBO Go to its system. The HBO Go comes standard on the Premium Content menu, which is part of the webOS interface used on the most recent LG TVs. Users can also cast content from a smartphone or tablet to the LG TV.

Source:

link hidden, please login to view

• 1 month later...

I have just bought this webos 55lb65 tv, now with all these problems, good people what advice can you give me, to unpack and use this tv or take it back, I wanted a fhd smart 3d in the first place only when I got home only to find they've given me this webos thing, Good people advise me, keep it or send it back, I'm not familiar with technology, please tell me what to do, still unpacked

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Have an LG55uf8500 in southamerica (Peru) and still dont have HBOGO but changing location on the tv to Poland and Croatia i managed to install the apps from the Premium Apps and the only way to use them on my original location is using another DNS code in my network options, hope soon enough an app for south america arrives but the only new app this days is GooglePlay... like Bart simpsons says  BOOOOORINNGGG...!

wheres the LG webos support platform to make Complaints :)

• Like 3

I purchased a 65UF8500 back in April (or thereabouts), and have just recently tried to get HBO Go on there, to no avail.  It's not in the LG Store, I tried going through the web to do it, again unsuccessfully, and I've called LG twice about this, the first time the lady wasn't sure what I was talking about, the second time the guy confirmed that there's no way to get it on an LG smart TV, and that there's never been a way...despite the press announcements made in December of 2014 that it was now available for all LG smart TV going back to 2012 models.  I don't know if LG and HBO had a falling out, or if they decided to make it so TV's manufactured after the press release didn't have the feature, or what, but I'm a little pissed that my Samsung which cost 2/3 what my LG cost was able to get it set up in under three minutes.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, Skye Creech said:

ALEX,

Why can't we get the app? Why must we go through Amazon?

Because HBO has not developed an app for webOS from what I understand.  Going through Amazon was just a workaround as an option for some. 

HBO is also available on Amazon Channels now.

• 3 weeks later...

The provided information shows that LG did not do what they said.  At least 4 different recent releases of LG smart TVS lack HBO go. 

Adding insult to injury. ALex the only "advanced member"  which began this thread with stating HBOGO was added 

then puts in a sales line for the channels, encouraging me to pay for HBO twice once with cable (hence why I want HBO GO) and again with

an amazon channel or someone elses paid service.  

Just silly. 

LG is behind the curve on this.

19 minutes ago, Timothy Sorenson said:

The provided information shows that LG did not do what they said.  At least 4 different recent releases of LG smart TVS lack HBO go. 

Adding insult to injury. ALex the only "advanced member"  which began this thread with stating HBOGO was added 

then puts in a sales line for the channels, encouraging me to pay for HBO twice once with cable (hence why I want HBO GO) and again with

an amazon channel or someone elses paid service.  

Just silly. 

LG is behind the curve on this.

This topic was started in 2014 when an article came out that HBOGO was added. I agree that Lg may have misled users. I was simply stating that Amazon may be an alternate solution to watch HBO as sling may be as well. I will close this topic to not cause anyone else to be misled. 

Please start a new topic if you have HBO questions or use the search bar to find other existing topic regarding HBO.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      New Video Camera Solution With LG webOS Facilitates Convenient
      Medical Staff-Patient Interactions, Day and Night

SEOUL, Jan. 26, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is unveiling its Smart Cam Pro (model AN-VC22PR), a 4K video camera designed for use in hospitals and healthcare centers. LG Smart Cam Pro delivers sharp, clear image quality with or without the lights on, allowing seamless video communications at any time of day or night. The new model also presents healthcare solution providers with customizability through the integration of LG’s versatile webOS platform.
      LG Smart Cam Pro incorporates a 4K RGB main camera and a 4K night vision camera, each offering crisp, ultra-high definition (3,840 x 2,160) images1 and 4x digital zoom. The device also implements LG’s HDR effect, which adjusts color and contrast to make the subject easier to see, even when they are backlit by strong, natural or artificial light. When paired with a TV/display2 in the patient rooms, LG Smart Cam Pro with customized solution makes it possible for medical staff to complete their rounds virtually and ascertain if a patient needs specific support before physically attending to them. Also, after accepting a call placed through LG Smart Cam Pro, the screen of the recipient’s TV3 switches from the content being viewed to the camera feed, then switches back once the call has ended.
      Featuring a compact, space-saving design with a foldable mount, LG Smart Cam Pro can be placed on or near a TV or display. The device has a subtle, dark silver casing and a gloss-black front featuring a manual privacy cover that can be moved over the main lens at the user’s discretion. To provide clear communications between patients and medical staff, LG Smart Cam Pro is equipped with a built-in 4-way microphone system with echo cancellation and noise reduction.
      Additionally, LG’s 4K smart camera leverages the LG webOS platform, which provides a convenient user experience with the ability to add new and customized services in the future, and a Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. high-performance system on chip (SoC) for the Internet of Things (IoT) – capable of providing an excellent video experience and intensive Edge AI applications – to deliver seamless software services4 for healthcare solutions.
      “Utilizing both Qualcomm Technologies’ system-on-chip innovations and the LG webOS platform will allow the LG Smart Cam Pro to transform the way that medical services are performed across the globe,” said Jeffery Torrance, senior vice president and general manager of Connected Smart Systems (CSS), Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “LG and Qualcomm Technologies are continuing to advance IoT camera technology for consumers and businesses alike.”
      “Based on the LG webOS platform and Qualcomm’s advanced SoC, the new LG Smart Cam Pro is a 4K video camera solution intended to provide a convenient means of medical staff-patient communication in busy healthcare settings,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “A reliable innovation partner, LG will continue to provide a wide range of product lineups designed to meet the specific needs of diverse business sectors.”
      The LG Smart Cam Pro will be introduced at ISE 2023, which will be held in Barcelona, Spain from January 31 to February 3. To learn more about the innovation, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #
      1 Image definition may vary depending on the network environment.
      2 Available on a TV/display connected via HDMI.
      3 Available on compatible LG commercial TVs when connected via MPI port.
      4 Performance may vary depending on the network environment.

• By Libbo2003
      Hi just got a new QNED LG to replace 2021 Nano tv
      the problem is I can’t move my HD channels down to  channels 1 to5.
      the program manager does not have the function to move channels like my old Nano tv which is only a year older.
      is there anyway I can get around this strange function?
    • By News Reporter
      Trees are vital. There is no denying how trillions of trees around the world are central to all life on Earth. Not only do Mother Nature’s skyscrapers provide clean, fresh air and cozy habitats to thousands of living species, but they also help us combat climate change and preserve biodiversity for many decades to come.

In ensuring that this legacy can be passed onto future generations, LG Indonesia signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Conservation of Natural Resources Jakarta to celebrate their 32 years of operation in Indonesia. For this purpose, the company pledged to plant 32,000 trees across Jakarta, Kalimantan and Sumatra by April 2023.
      Jay Jang, director of marketing and relations at LG Electronics Indonesia,
      shaking hands with Abdul Kodir, head of the Conservation of Natural Resources Jakarta
      This initiative sheds light on LG’s commitment to environmental sustainability in Indonesia in the same fashion as the company’s eco-friendly solutions, products and technologies, including their energy-saving inverter technology, which helps customers achieve a more eco-conscious lifestyle by improving energy efficiency. Incorporated into a wide range of household appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines and air conditioners, this cutting-edge inverter provides users with peace of mind as they are able to easily manage their ecological footprints.

However, LG’s efforts toward environmental sustainability extend well beyond the tree-planting initiative. The company’s technological interventions also complement its commitment to reach carbon neutrality by 2030, through the minimization of carbon emissions and footprints across the overall process, from production to disposal.

LG is endlessly passionate about raising global awareness of environmental sustainability, not only through its technological innovation and world-leading products but also by implementing various environmental interventions designed in order to make life better for people of all backgrounds and localities.

Contributed by LG Indonesia
      # # #

• By Mihai B.
      Hello,
      Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV?  The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame  on you LG!!!)  while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network  maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX. 
      Kind regards,
    • By News Reporter
      Implementing HCA 1.0 Guidelines, Company’s Smart Lifestyle Solutions Deliver
      More Convenience and a Better Life at Home

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG), a board member of the Home Connectivity Alliance (HCA), will showcase a seamless smart home experience at CES 2023. Along with other HCA member companies, LG will demonstrate the interoperability enabled under the new HCA Specification 1.0, whereby smart home solutions from different brands work together seamlessly to deliver true connected convenience in the home.
      Inside HCA’s booth at CES, LG will be exhibiting its latest smart home appliances – including the refrigerator with MoodUP, WashTower laundry solution, ARTCOOL Gallery air conditioner and PuriCare AeroTower – together with those from other alliance members. Visitors will be able to see the realization of HCA’s “Any app to any device” vision, which presents users with the ability to manage each brand’s products via each brand’s smart control app, such as LG’s intuitive ThinQ app. This new level of interoperability is currently supported by HCA member companies including LG.
      Utilizing existing industry standards to define Cloud-to-Cloud (C2C) interoperability guidelines, the new HCA Specification 1.0 has been established to ensure that home appliances, TVs and HVAC systems can interoperate seamlessly with one another, irrespective of brand. In addition to newly-launched models, consumers can continue using the smart home appliances and HVAC solutions that they already own and are covered by HCA Specification 1.0, without having to install any major firmware updates.
      Furthermore, HCA Specification 1.0 will help member companies to make the smart home more sustainable in the future, leveraging data collected from across alliance members’ appliances to gain usage insight and improve energy management.
      “As a member of HCA, LG is contributing to the realization of a safe, secure and interoperable connected home ecosystem,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “Through collaboration and open innovation, we will continue to provide consumers with solutions for a smarter, more convenient way of living.”
      Visitors to HCA’s booth (#52739, Smart Home Hall, The Venetian Expo) at CES 2023 from January 5-8 in Las Vegas can experience the interoperability of HCA member companies’ latest smart home solutions.
      # # #

• Similar Tagged Content