Quantcast

PreCentral: Remove tap ripple (LunaCE)

This tip is only for HP TouchPads running webOS 3.0.5 and LunaCE 4.9.5 or higher

LunaCE TweaksEver since the original Palm Pre was released running webOS 1.0.1, any time you tapped on the screen of a webOS device you would see a "tap ripple" animation to indicate the location of your tap. While it may be nice to know where you tapped on the screen, it can also cause a slight bit of lag on your device, especially in high frame-rate PDK applications. Unfortunately, you have never had any control over the presence of the tap ripple until the release of

link hidden, please login to view
for the HP TouchPad, the homebrew update for the TouchPad by based off the Open Source "" (not to be confused with ). With a simple toggle in the homebrew Tweaks application, you can now turn the ripple on or off at will.

Note that LunaCE is currently in beta so you will need to go through the process to set-up the beta feeds in Preware, which can be found at testing.preware.org. In addition, you will need to have Tweaks installed on your TouchPad to toggle this new feature. Once you have both of them installed, you just need to go to the "Gestures" section of Tweaks and toggle "SHOW TAP RIPPLE" to NO to turn off the tap ripple.

mf.gif

a2t.img5Gv9evb-Eo0

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By eks1910
      I'm trying to figure out how tp add and remove content/devices from the "Quick Card" section of the "Home" screen on my UR9000 smart TV.
      The attached photo shows what it looks like, and I would like to remove "Sports", "Home Office", "Game", and "Music" and replace them with inputs devices that I can quickly access, like "HDMI FireTV", HDMI DVD-Blu-Ray", and "Antenna" 
      Does anyone know how to edit this so I can add all those so they all show up on my "Home" screen?

• By JPflug
      When we first got our CX OLED tv, we also got Dish network.  After our 2 year contract was up, we "unplugged" and got rid of Dish.  I have tried everything I can think of to get rid of the automatic connection to Dish on HDMI 3, but the TV automatically wanted to start with that.  I managed to delete the tag, but it still wanted to connect to that.  Now, after someother fumbling around, it wants to start on some spanish tv, not really sure where that's from, as we are on the Canadian border 🙂
      An easy to use digital manual would be great, but since I can't find that, I'll ask the hive mind here.  
      FWIW, I find what instructions that ARE available on the TV don't seem to work well--like moving my apps around so the ones I use most are closest to find.  

Thanks..this is so frustrating

• By Mehmet Salih Bindak
      I have using it for my coffe, What can I do now? Did you agree with deezer? 
      Because I can't open spotify even from web. There isn't any alternative browser also in the market.

Is this your respect to your customer? Please show me way, what can I do now!
    • By Orson Cart
      Some time ago after an update to my TV, whenever I switch it on it has an annoying strip across the bottom of the screen, The strip features buttons for various terrestrial channels and also for streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime.
      Since I have no use for this strip whatsoever, the first thing that I do is to close it down. I have to wait about 5 seconds though. During that time the tv won't respond to any input other than the volume control.
      After the 5 seconds is up I am able to close it down and then for example, change the channel I want. At that point all's good until next time I switch on the tv when I have to go through the same rigmarole.
      Can anyone here please tell me that it's possible to disable this thing? I've looked but can find no means of disabling it.
      Thanks,
      Orson
    • By Danny Measho
      I connected my laptop one time to my LG TV, and I can now see all my photos from my PC on my TV. Anyone know how to remove that?