Quantcast

TV switching itself ON during the night.

I have an LG tv 43UP77006LB.BEKFLJP. Just recently, having owned the tv for a couple of years, the tv has taken to switching itself on during the night, usually at about 2.00 am. The tv is connected to a TalkTalk box for recording purposes but that has never caused an issue before. It appears to coincide with connecting a DVD player using an HDMI cable to the tv, although it was only connected for a short time and is now disconnected, so it may be irrelevant.

It appears to be a common problem.

Thanks.

I no longer have a LG TV therefore I am not sure how much of the following is relevant.

Can the TV optionally be controlled over the network, either using WiFi or Ethernet?

Does it do anything else unexpectedly?

Some devices (such as some Tivos) use a combination of light and radio signals (they respond to either but only one is necessary). I once had a TV that was close to a large outside window. Occasionally it would turn off spontaneously. I assumed it was sunlight reflecting off a car. Since this is at night it is not sunlight but it could be infrared from somewhere. Or it could be radio signals if the TV remote responds to radio signals (RF).

8 hours ago, Sam Hobbs said:

I no longer have a LG TV therefore I am not sure how much of the following is relevant.

Can the TV optionally be controlled over the network, either using WiFi or Ethernet?

Does it do anything else unexpectedly?

Some devices (such as some Tivos) use a combination of light and radio signals (they respond to either but only one is necessary). I once had a TV that was close to a large outside window. Occasionally it would turn off spontaneously. I assumed it was sunlight reflecting off a car. Since this is at night it is not sunlight but it could be infrared from somewhere. Or it could be radio signals if the TV remote responds to radio signals (RF).

Thanks. I have turned off CEC and the problem appears to be solved but I will wait a few more days before being totally convinced.

The only other issue with the TV is that it occasionally switches itself off and then on again after a few seconds - another known issue with LG TVs.

2 hours ago, npjrogers said:

The Radio Time signal for radio controlled clocks and watches is on continuously but it is often activated automatically at 0200 to correct or update a system clock. Just a thought..

Thanks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By cptl
      Hi,
      My problem is that my Netflix app on my LG tv (OLED65B13LA) keeps selecting the leftmost button, it's impossible to scroll the cursor to the right to select another button. I tried resetting the tv to factory defaults - after installing Netflix again the issue is exactly the same.
      I also tried disconnecting the tv from power for a few minutes. Plus I contacted Netflix, but they said I need to contact TV manufacturer before they log a possible bug in the app :/.
      My Amazon Prime app works perfectly fine on the same tv.
      Any thoughts?
    • By haptrail
      I have an LG C2 Web OS TV and a Roku Ultra Model 4670RW.  The Roku comes with an option called "1-touch play" which allows you to switch the TV from between devices connected to other HDMI 2.1 inputs.  I have a Roku in one input, a DVD player in another, and a Directv Streaming box in another.  With this same setup on a Vizio V435-H11 TV, I am able to press the home/play buttons on the Roku remote and no matter which input I'm watching, it will switch to the Roku.  Same with pressing remote buttons on the DVD player and Directv remotes - the TV will switch to that device.  But with the LG C2 TV, none of the switching takes place when pressing the same buttons on the remotes for the other devices.   I have enabled the "1-touch play" on the Roku remote (settings/system/control other devices/1-touch play), and I have enabled the IR Setup (settings/Remotes & Devices/Remotes/Enhanced Voice Remote/Setup Remote for TV Control/IR setup).  I cannot enable the CEC setup on the Roku Remote, but that doesn't affect the 1-touch play switching function on the Vizio TV so I don't think that plays into the limitation on the LG C2.  I have also enabled the CEC (Simplink) function on the LG C2 (General/Devices/HDMI Settings/Simplink (HDMI-CEC)).   I've read some solutions online and have done a system restart on the Roku as well as disconnecting all devices from power, disconnecting all the HDMI cables, waiting 5 minutes, and reconnecting all.  I am using all new 2.1 HDMI compatible cables.  Any body else having this problem with using a Roku Ultra and an LG C2 TV and found a solution?   Thanks!
    • By News Reporter
      CEO William Cho Discusses Current B2B Businesses and Underscores Providing
      Outstanding Customer Experiences via Advanced Integrated Solutions

SEOUL, Feb. 8, 2023 — LG Electronics’ (LG) CEO William Cho highlighted strategies to strengthen the company’s presence in the global B2B market during his recent visits to the USA and Europe. While meeting with the heads of local subsidiaries, CEO Cho underlined the need to deliver outstanding customer experiences through advanced, integrated solutions that seamlessly combine software and services with differentiated hardware products.
      Beginning in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA at the start of the year, where the CEO attended CES 2023 and discussed the electric vehicle component business with strategic partners, including GM and Magna, CEO Cho visited Barcelona, Spain this month, where he attended ISE 2023, Europe’s largest display exhibition. After witnessing the latest industry and technology trends first-hand, Mr. Cho met with the CEO of Odeon Group, Europe’s largest cinema operator. CEO Cho toured local Odeon theaters equipped with LG Cinema LED screens and held discussions around mid- to long-term strategies, potential partnerships and future challenges in the information display (ID) business.
      “The exceptional customer experience provided by LG’s ID business is based on in-depth research into what customers in each market value,” said CEO William Cho. “We will continue to improve our capability to deliver customized, integrated solutions that further anticipate customer needs.”
      LG plans to further grow its global ID business by strengthening software and service capabilities. To increase sales of its integrated solutions, the company aims to provide highly profitable services that utilize the company’s Pro:Cloud platform.
      CEO Cho then traveled back to the USA, stopping in Atlanta, Georgia, to attend AHR Expo 2023, one of the world’s largest heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industry events. The CEO stated that LG will continue to bolster its cutting-edge HVAC technologies, which include AI-powered, high-efficiency solutions that save energy as well as smart home platforms that can be controlled and monitored remotely.
      “To become a top player in the global HVAC market, we must provide excellent customer experiences by leveraging our advanced home appliance technology,” emphasized CEO Cho. LG is expanding its number one position in the system air conditioner sector to new and growing markets.
      In rapidly growing system air conditioner markets in Latin America and Central Asia, the company is also seeking to reinforce its strong position by securing cost competitiveness and strengthening its product lineup and after-sales service infrastructure. In Europe, the company will pursue growth by aggressively investing in the development of optimized heating systems.
      Additionally, LG is diversifying its profit structure by expanding its B2B business areas through continuous investment, mergers and strategic cooperation. The company currently offers a wide range of B2B solutions including ID, information technology (IT), robotic and electric vehicle charging solutions (Business Solutions Company); infotainment, electric vehicle powertrain and vehicle lighting systems (Vehicle component Solutions Company); system air conditioners and building management systems, built-in home appliances and component solutions including compressors and motors (Home Appliance & Air Solution Company); and the webOS platform (Home Entertainment Company).
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By GiotisCy
      Hello, 
      I have recently purchased an LG C2 Oled TV which I connected with my Samsung HW-Q800B 5.1 soundbar via eArc HDMI. When I select "Passthrough" as a Digital Sound Output on LG TV sound advanced settings, there is an obvious sound response delay around 3 seconds when I pause and unpause the movie on Netflix or Prime video streaming apps on LG TV. For example, when I start the movie, the video starts and sound starts 2-3 secs later. When I pause the movie, the sound continues for 2-3 secs after the video has been stopped. There is no any lip sync issue, just this response delay of the sound from the soundbar. This happens only on LG TV Apps. If I connect to an external HDMI device such as AMAZON Fire Stick 4K, there is no such sound delay issue neither on Netflix neither on Prime Video. 
      Thus, the problem seems to be on LG TV apps.
      If I change the Digital Sound Output to "Auto" instead of "Passthrough" the issue is gone but sound quality is not as good as with Passthrough selected. So I do not want this to be my option.
      I would appreciate if someone could come with a solution on this. 

• By Shone
      I have a problem in browser. My tv is restarting by itself after i play some videos online. On some website's it's working but more website's are not working. In the past it was working great,but after some updates it went to disaster. Past six months it's always restarting. Also on some website's i get message that my browser doesn't support this video but in the past it was working. Looks like LG removed support with new updates. I will never buy lg tv again terrible experience. Android is the way to go. They don't even have another browser to download from the store.

lg 49nano867na