Quantcast

Dolby Vision content t showing just black

Ramx

Question

Hi, like the title says. Whenever I try watching Dolby vision content in my LG A2 it just shows a black screen. The sounds plays perfectly fine without any issue. It is just the video that is not working. I don't have any HDMI inputs connected. This content worked in the past, but for some reason is not working anymore. I have already tried power cycling the tv and deleting and reinstalling the apps I tried it on.

Thanks for any help!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Stephen Davies
      As above! All4 & My5 will no longer work. Also, how do you update the browser? My LG nano TV is just over 3 years old.
    • By News Reporter
      Enriching the In-Car Entertainment Experience, LG Automotive Content Platform Powered by webOS
      Now Offers Access to Disney’s Streaming Service

SEOUL, July 19, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is welcoming Disney+ to the LG Automotive Content Platform powered by webOS (LG ACP powered by webOS), further expanding the outstanding range of viewing options available on its innovative in-car infotainment solution. Featuring premier entertainment properties, Disney+ adds a new dimension to LG’s industry-leading ACP.
      Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and general entertainment content brand, Star. Disney+ offers an extensive library of beloved classics and an ever-growing collection of exclusive originals, including hit Korean originals such as Moving, Big Bet, The Worst of Evil and A Shop for Killers. Subscribers can enjoy some of the greatest franchises such as Disney’s Frozen, The Avengers, Star Wars, Inside Out and Toy Story, long-standing drama series including Grey’s Anatomy and Criminal Minds as well as recent releases such as FX’s Shogun, Star Wars: The Acolyte, The First Slam Dunk, The Kardashians and more.
      Designed to deliver seamless in-car experiences, LG ACP powered by webOS provides intuitive access to essential information and services, and popular apps including Netflix, YouTube, TikTok, Baby Shark World for Kids, Stingray Karaoke, Play.Works, LG Channels, El Dorado and Gold Tower Defence.* With the addition of Disney+, LG’s in-vehicle infotainment solution now gives passengers an even wider range of high-quality content to choose from during their journeys.
      “Disney+ enriches and enlarges the lineup of premium content services accessible on LG’s automotive content platform,” said Eun Seok-hyun, president of LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “In addition to expanding the content ecosystem on LG ACP powered by webOS, we will continue to introduce unique software solutions that enhance the in-car experience in exciting, new ways.”
      The Disney+ app for LG ACP powered by webOS is now available in South Korea and is scheduled to roll out globally. A subscription is required to access Disney+ in vehicle.
      # # #
      * Apps available on LG ACP powered by webOS may vary by region. The availability of apps may be subject to change or discontinuation.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Danster75
      Hi all,

I'm Danny and have a problem with my LG OLED65C8;

since a few months when playing movies, either from my Syno NAS or just plain USB, subtitles are being displayed double (over or above eachother) or are displayed for sometimes minutes after the sentence's been spoken. The videofiles haven't got any hardcoded subs but either subs included in the mkv container or as separate srt of ssa file. Disabling subs removes the display of subs, enabling subs results in double or persistent subs.

Subtitles have been disabled in the accessability menu, factory reset did not help.

I searched but as far as I can see this problem has not been discussed yet, also googled and never came across this problem. Perhaps someone here can help?

Kind regards, Danny
      ----------------
      SOLUTION, for me at least:

I used ColorControl to reboot the TV. It's weird that a factory reset did not work but a simple reboot did.

• By techguy noob
      Hi,

My LG TV model number 32LM560BPTC is having an issue where the Sun NXT app is no longer available on the LG Content Store. I was able to watch it before, but starting yesterday, the app disappeared. However, on my other OLED LG TV, the Sun NXT app is still available in the LG Content Store. Is this issue specific to the 32LM560BPTC model TVs?

Thanks,
      Sarath
    • Weebly - Websites, eCommerce & Marketing in one place.
    • By News Reporter
      Augmented/Mixed Reality, webOS, AI and 5G Telematics Technology Combine
      to Bring Smart Life Solutions to the in-Vehicle Environment 

SEOUL, June 6, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG), a technology leader in the mobility sector, is driving the transition to software-defined vehicles (SDVs) with its pioneering LG AlphaWare. An advanced, innovative, and user-centric suite of software, LG AlphaWare is designed to deliver immersive in-cabin experiences and will expand the definition and expectations of future automotive. LG’s cutting-edge software solutions were introduced this week at AutoTech: Detroit, where the company also shared its insights and approach to revolutionizing the SDV business model. 
      During LG’s presentation at AutoTech: Detroit, Valentin Janiaut, LG Vehicle component Solutions Company’s software solutions leader, discussed several key topics concerning the transition to SDVs. He emphasized the emerging trend of vehicles becoming extensions of people’s personal space, providing seamless connectivity for work and relaxation, and transforming the car into far more than just a means of transportation. LG AlphaWare will play a central role in enabling SDVs to become ‘living spaces on wheels’ through its ability to facilitate user-experiences similar to those offered by LG’s consumer electronics for the home. 
      The LG AlphaWare suite of software consists of five sophisticated core solutions that work together to enhance the in-vehicle experience. Boasting comprehensive support and seamless integration with OEM in-vehicle systems, AlphaWare empowers mobility providers to overcome technical challenges and deliver home-like comfort and connectivity to drivers and passengers: 
      PlayWare – an entertainment platform that enhances the in-vehicle infotainment experience through the delivery of high-definition content and superior sound quality. Leveraging LG’s partnerships with major streaming apps, sports and news channels, PlayWare brings the LG TV experience into the car. The platform requires minimal memory resources to run quickly and smoothly, while displaying content in stunning 4K definition for passengers’ viewing enjoyment. The platform also utilizes AI Audio technology, adapted from LG TVs, to upgrade audio content into convincing spatial sound, making every journey an immersive auditory event.   MetaWare – enhances the driving experience by leveraging augmented- and mixed-reality technologies to deliver meaningful information across various displays, from AR HUDs to clusters and central panels. MetaWare supports the procedural generation of realistic 3D environments, transforming standard 2D map data into dynamic, immersive visuals. This feature aids drivers in better understanding their car’s ADAS and navigation system information, providing a more engaging and intuitive driving experience.   VisionWare – an AI and Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) platform that analyzes driver and passenger behavior through an advanced monitoring system which employs an AI algorithm, software framework, electronic control unit and camera technologies. VisionWare incorporates driver monitoring systems to prevent distractions and hazards that may occur when driving. It also features an interior monitoring system that analyzes the status of all passengers, detecting seat belt usage, hand gestures, behavior patterns, and the presence of children, to deliver a next-generation user experience.  BaseWare – the “backbone” of the vehicle, offers a comprehensive collection of versatile software modules to enrich OEM’s existing vehicle operating systems and assist in building new platforms. Engineered to support the essential lifecycle of a car, BaseWare facilitates reliable real-time management and simplifies service abstraction and development. An example of the components included is a Mixed Critical Orchestrator, which supports the management of service execution both on-device and in the cloud while adhering to strict industry safety requirements.  OpsWare – the central operations platform, designed to enhance collaboration among software developers. This platform facilitates seamless interaction across global teams throughout the entire software development process, from design to deployment. Alongside fostering collaboration, OpsWare prioritizes robust cybersecurity management, providing comprehensive support for long-term maintenance. LG’s Cybersecurity-as-a-Service offers continuous monitoring and in-depth analysis of cybersecurity risks to ensure vehicles’ software remains secure against emerging threats. Through its diverse capabilities, OpsWare supports OEMs in maintaining high security and in improving the efficiency of their software lifecycle management.  LG AlphaWare reinforces LG’s portfolio of state-of-the-art vehicle solutions and supports the company’s continuing transformation into a Smart Life Solutions company. A well-established and leading home appliance brand, LG continues its expansion in the mobility sector to connect and enrich customers’ experiences and spaces in meaningful ways. 
      “With our AlphaWare, we will deliver a safer and more enjoyable vehicle experience in the SDV era,” said Eun Seok-hyun, president of LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “SDVs represent a shift not only in technology but in the entire ecosystem of vehicle manufacturing, usage and ownership. With the introduction of our advanced software suite for vehicles, LG is leading the way for new innovation and development across the automotive sector.” 
      For more information on LG’s vehicle solutions and LG AlphaWare, visit
      link hidden, please login to view.  # # #