Quantcast

PreCentral: PreDoodle: Through the desert

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Aventiled
      Hey
      I have an OLED C3 evo
      A Pioneer amplifier is connected to the optical output.

I want to connect Bluetooth headphones and use them at the same time as the amplifier.
      The thing is, I haven't seen such an option on TV. It is possible to play simultaneously with the Bluetooth headphones and the internal speakers on the TV.
      There is no option for Bluetooth and the optical port at the same time.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks
      Dani
    • By News Reporter
      LG is rooted in the philosophy of open innovation – an open approach to innovation and facilitating collaboration to create a better life for all. These collaborative partnerships involve LG affiliate companies and extend to government, universities and research labs, with the goal to establish an open ecosystem of innovation that will benefit and empower all involved.
      Recently, the LG Toronto AI Lab welcomed 30 graduate students from various universities in South Korea to the
      link hidden, please login to view (CARTE) at the University of Toronto. The event – initiated and organized by the Toronto AI Lab in collaboration with CARTE – brought these talented students together to explore applied research partnerships in Canada and introduce them to career opportunities at LG. Sponsored by the South Korean government and managed through the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering, the 6-month CARTE program accommodates students from a wide range of disciplines, including technology, engineering, and the natural and mathematical sciences and aims to inspire students to leverage AI innovatively in their respective fields.
      The selection for this program was competitive, drawing participants from among South Korea’s brightest. These selected students will engage in 10 industry projects, including three spearheaded by the LG Toronto AI Lab.

Kevin Ferreira, Senior Director and Head of the LG Toronto AI Lab, shared, “Our collaboration with the University of Toronto and the South Korean government on the CARTE program aims to enhance our research capabilities and strengthen our talent pool. This event enabled us to present the extensive work undertaken at the LG Toronto AI Lab to an exceptional group of Korean students, laying the groundwork for deeper research collaboration.”
      Showcasing some of the Toronto AI Lab’s recent work, Manasa Bharadwaj, Senior AI Research Scientist, presented on behalf of the LG Toronto AI Lab’s Conversational AI team and their research into Responsible Conversational AI. The talk covered the motivation, technical details and results of the team’s 2023 published research titled ‘COUNT’ and ‘GPT-Detox’. The two paraphrasing approaches leverage unlikelihood training and prompt-based approaches respectively to convert unsafe text into safe text.

Mathieu Tuli, AI Research Scientist, presented on the work that the LG Toronto AI Lab Digital Human team conducts, highlighting FlowFace, the team’s recent CVPR) 2024 accepted paper. The talk provided detail on why FlowFace is an important innovation for the community at large, and how it affects the rest of the Digital Human pipeline.
      Thi Ha Kyaw, Staff AI Research Scientist, presented an introduction to quantum computing and quantum algorithms in general, and why quantum is worth pursuing in the current quantum utility era. He also presented his team’s recent result on super-exponential catastrophe of quantum algorithms in noisy quantum hardware.
      During their time in the program, students will participate in graduate-level intensive courses in Machine Learning and AI, delivered by the University of Toronto’s Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering. They will also benefit from tailored AI support services provided by CARTE, including research and training in AI for academic and industry partners.

Furthermore, students will have the opportunity to attend several applied AI seminars at the University of Toronto and engage with AI and machine learning projects across various sectors, including industry, government, and non-profits. A dedicated workspace will also be available to them, fostering collaboration and allowing them to apply their knowledge and skills within Toronto’s thriving AI ecosystem.
      The program will conclude in late June, where selected students will present their projects to industry partners, showcasing their achievements and the potential for future innovations in AI.
      Contributed by LG Canada
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Delivering the First Commercial Implementation of HCA Specification 1.0,
      Company Expands Smart Home Ecosystem Through Partnerships With Other Brands

SEOUL, Aug. 29, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to present the first commercial implementation of the Home Connectivity Alliance’s HCA Specification 1.0, enabling cross-brand appliance connectivity through the LG ThinQ smart home platform. By the end of this year, consumers will be able to control appliances from diverse brands, such as Samsung and Vestel, with the intuitive-to-use ThinQ app, providing seamless interconnectivity and a smarter, more convenient home.
      With a firm commitment to customer experience innovation, LG has joined with other brands to bring the elegant simplicity of cross-brand compatibility to major markets worldwide, including South Korea, the United States and Europe. The partnership will initially cover major appliance product categories, such as washing machines, dryers and dishwashers, and will gradually be expanded to other types of appliances in the future.
      The widespread adoption of HCA Specification 1.0 to development makes it possible to monitor and control various brands’ home appliances and air solutions using a single application. With the ThinQ app, users just have to register their compatible products, and then they’re ready to enjoy the ease and time-saving freedom of one-stop device management. Those with an LG washing machine and a Samsung dishwasher in the home, for example, will no longer have to switch between each manufacturer’s app to set their preferred wash cycle and cleaning settings.
      The arrival of true cross-brand interconnectivity is the realization of the HCA’s vision for a seamlessly unified smart home experience. Founded in January 2022 and comprising a number of smart home solutions manufacturers, the HCA aims to provide cloud-based interoperability between the smart home platforms of its member companies. As a board member of the alliance, LG has been working closely with other appliance makers, including Samsung and Vestel, to drive the adoption of HCA Specification 1.0, with the ultimate goal of enhancing user convenience.
      Committed to expanding the smart home ecosystem, LG has also actively supported the work of the Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA), a global organization dedicated to developing open communication protocols for smart home devices. LG contributed to the development and standardization of the Matter protocol, an Internet Protocol-based home IoT communications standard led by the CSA.
      “LG ThinQ enables a seamlessly interconnected home appliance ecosystem that will provide new smart home experiences to customers around the globe,” said Jung Ki-hyun, executive vice president and head of platform business center. “LG will continue to expand compatibility between ThinQ and other HCA members’ smart home platforms.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By News Reporter
      About 500 Participants Come Together for Preliminary Rounds
      Ahead of Finals in Abu Dhabi

SEOUL, July 31, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) hosted the two-day online preliminary round of the 2023 Global IT Challenge for Youth with Disabilities (GITC) with the Ministry of Health and Welfare of South Korea and Rehabilitation International Korea on July 25.
      LG Corporation, in conjunction with South Korea’s Ministry of Health and Welfare, has been leading the GITC since 2011. The program was established to strengthen the ICT capabilities of young people with disabilities while establishing a strong foundation that promotes their social inclusion. Run by LG Electronics and the GITC Organizing Committee, the competition has attracted a total of around 4,500 youth with disabilities from 38 countries who have benefited from the program so far.
      This year, about 500 youth with disabilities selected through local preliminary rounds across 17 countries have competed in 6 competitions to earn their place in the finals, which will be held in Abu Dhabi, UAE, in October 2023. Certificates and prize money will be awarded to outstanding performers in each event and disability category.
      The competitions not only evaluate their skills in various computer programs, including Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel and internet search engines, but also test their ability to make and edit videos, use programs for self-driving car programing, and develop IT that improves the lives of persons with disabilities. Teams of 4 or fewer could participate in each contest, with this year’s GITC extra special as it is debuting an esports competition with no restrictions in participation by the type or degree of disability.
      Participating countries are continuously being added. From this year, countries outside of South Korea, China, Vietnam, Thailand and other Asian countries can compete, as the GITC expands to countries in the Middle East and North Africa.
      More and more of the youth with disabilities from the GITC are going on to thrive in society. For example, Chan Outdam Keo and Paramuditaya Dyan, the winners of the Global IT Leader (MVP) award at the 2014 Busan GITC and 2015 Indonesia GITC, respectively, are now making a name for themselves as IT developers in top government agencies.
      “The experience I gained from this competition has been invaluable to my development as it completely changed my mindset,” said Keo. “I was able to change my way of thinking and foster my dream of improving the field related to my disability.”
      The company is continuing its efforts to realize a Better Life for All by ensuring its products and services are accessible to everyone, regardless of their physical ability. This includes operating a sign language counseling center, providing product manuals with video, sign language, voice support and distributing braille stickers for home appliances. Additionally, the company has been running a disabled advisory group since last year and continues to listen to customers’ greatest inconveniences and address them.
      “The Global IT Challenge is all about building a foundation that allows people with disabilities to integrate better into society, with former participants proving that they can have a successful career in the IT field,” said Yoon Dae-sik, senior vice president of External Relations at LG Electronics. “As a global company, we will always strive to support youth with disabilities so that they can pursue their passions and live out their dreams.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By M55
      I am trying to setup my new Phonak my hearing aids TV Connector with my new LG GP2 TV and Sonos Arc sound bar, connected by via the HDMI eArc port.   The TV automatically uses the the HDMI eArc port, and that port only.  As a result no signal goes through the optical out port of the LG TV.
      Is there a way to make the LG TV sound signal simultaneously go out to both the sonud bar via eArc port and to the Phak TV Connector via the optical out port so that I can connect hearing aids to the Phonak TV connector and also use the Sonos Arc soundbar at the same time?
      Appreciate any guidance.
      Thanks, M55