Quantcast

LG TVs up the Ante by Providing Expanded Selection of Gamer-Centric Services All in One Place

News Reporter

Company’s Latest TVs Geared up With Luna, GeForce NOW at 4K for More
Compelling, All-Around Cloud Gaming Experiences, Plus 2020 Models Now Streaming

LG-TV-GeForce-NOW-Black-01-600x348.png

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is demonstrating its strong commitment to delivering a premium TV gaming experience that offers enhanced convenience through the new webOS UI featuring a dedicated gaming hub, the addition of cloud gaming service Amazon Luna and buttery-smooth gameplay at 4K 60 FPS streaming via NVIDIA GeForce NOW on its latest TVs at CES 2023.

Popular cloud gaming services, which can now be conveniently accessed from LG Game Card on webOS 2023, including simply via voice command*, offer avid and casual gamers alike numerous gaming titles from leading partners such as NVIDIA, Blacknut, Utomik and now Luna and Boosteroid, with no downloads or additional hardware needed. LG’s award-winning OLED TVs supply players with the smoothest gameplay courtesy of superior image quality, an ultra-fast 0.1 millisecond response time and super-low input lag, as well as a more personalized gaming experience through various customization features including Game Optimizer and genre-specific picture settings.

Already available in FHD on 2021 and 2022 LG TVs running webOS 6.0 or above, GeForce NOW is now streaming on 2020 models, and will start streaming in 4K on select models later this year, LG TV owners being among the first to stream impressively smooth, highly immersive 4K gameplay at 60 FPS, on the big screen with just a compatible controller.

GeForce NOW is NVIDIA’s open cloud gaming service that taps into the thriving PC gaming ecosystem by streaming with world-class NVIDIA GeForce RTX performance. Gamers can play their favorite PC titles already purchased from popular digital stores – including many of the most-played free-to-play games like Fortnite, Apex Legends and Destiny 2 – with and against millions of other PC players. GeForce Now Ultimate members will enjoy streaming at up to 4K resolution at 60 FPS on supported LG TVs, with ultra-low latency that rivals many local gaming experiences.

Accessible from LG’s Game Card in the US, Amazon Luna is joining other cloud gaming services on the webOS Home Screen of LG’s latest TVs. A Luna subscription offers access to games for everyone, from AAA titles, retro-side scrollers, family games and more, and titles including Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Everspace and Team Sonic Racing, while the Prime Gaming channel gives Amazon Prime subscribers access to various exclusive and free-to-play titles each month.

LG’s perfect-for-gaming OLED TVs will be on show at CES 2023 from January 5-8 in the company’s booth (#15501, Las Vegas Convention Center). To keep up with every LG CES announcement, follow #LGCES2023 on social media.

# # #

* Voice command functionality varies by content provider and will be available by mid-year.

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By starwoodtech
      I have a 65 Inch LG OLED evo AI C4 4K Smart TV 2024 - Model OLED65C4PUA.ACC. here have been a many weird things happening. This is one of them:
      Whenever I turn on my TV, it doesn't remember the audio settings I chose before. I repeatedly need to set my audio for the input I am using. I ofter select APPLY TO ALL INPUTS to try and make sure it's the same regardless of which input I use, but it still reverts all changes.
      Does anyone know what this happens?
    • By News Reporter
      New Comprehensive Laundry Solution Meets Diverse Space and Customer Needs,
      Offering Powerful Washing Capabilities and User-Friendly Convenience Features

SEOUL, Aug. 22, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to unveil its latest washer at IFA 2024. The new model boasts the company’s state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence Direct Drive (AI DD) 2.0 technology and Pet Care cycle features, delivering an effective washing performance with a larger and more efficient capacity.
      Leveraging the company’s advanced low-vibration technology, LG presents its first washer in the 25-inch category, offering the convenience of larger washing loads with an increased drum capacity of up to 16 kilograms.1 In addition to the increased capacity, the new washer the integrates a cutting-edge AI technology that enhances the washer’s performance.
      At the core of the new washer’s performance is the AI DD 2.0, which utilizes deep learning technology to automatically detect the load weight, fabric softness and soil level of the garments. The washer then uses 6Motion technology to select the optimal washing pattern, reducing fabric damage by 10 percent to help clothing last longer.2 What’s more, pet owners can take advantage of the Pet Care cycle feature, which offers high-temperature washing up to 60 degrees Celsius and four warm water rinse cycles, effectively removing 99 percent of pet odors.3
      Furthermore, LG’s new washer streamlines the laundry experience with enhanced performance technology and convenience features. Thanks to TurboWash 360, washing cycles can be reduced to just 39 minutes, while ezDispense technology simplifies the process by determining the necessary amount of detergent for a load. The washer offers a total of up to 39 washing cycles4 and automatically remembers the most frequently used cycles and features to minimize the time spent on setting selection. Users can also access the Cycle List Edit option to customize their preferences based on habits.
      The washer employs LG’s renowned Inverter DirectDrive Motor, the company’s advanced core component technology, to deliver a quiet performance and enhanced durability.
      “We are delighted to showcase our new washer and demonstrate how the company’s technologies simplify the washing process with expanded capacity and tailored features,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “We will continue to introduce advanced AI-based home appliance solutions that meet the needs of diverse spaces and lifestyles, providing enhanced benefits to make daily life more convenient for all.”
      Visitors to IFA 2024 can experience all of LG’s latest innovations, including the latest washer, at the company’s booth (Hall 18, Messe Berlin) from September 6-10.
      # # #
      1 The washer’s drum capacity is 16 kilograms for the model F0Z9DFP25; actual drum capacity may vary by model.
      2 Tested by LG Internal Lab, the AI Wash cycle in the new washer compared 3 kilograms of mixed clothes to the Cotton Cycle of the conventional LG washer. Results may differ depending on clothing and environment.
      3 Tested by Intertek in February 2024, the Pet Care cycle reduces 99 percent of pet odors (Trimethylamine, Isovaleraldehyde, Acetic acid, Methyl mercaptan). Results may differ depending on clothing and environment.
      4 LG’s new washing machine offers a total of 39 courses, comprising 10 default courses and up to 29 additional customizable courses.

• By News Reporter
      In the third episode of the ‘Customers at Heart’ series, we take a look at how LG India created a customized care solution to innovate the customer experience.
      LG India, a subsidiary of LG, is unique among its global counterparts as it independently manages sales, installation, repair and maintenance. Leveraging this autonomy, LG India has enhanced customer satisfaction and boosted sales through LG BEST Care, a service extending the warranty period of home appliances, including regular maintenance and cleaning.

Prior to LG BEST Care, LG India offered product care services under LG CareShip, which included routine visits and complimentary filter changes. However, a challenge was that 99% of customers only signed up for the service when they needed it, rather than at the point of purchase. This realization prompted efforts to improve customer engagement and revenue generation.

LG India aspires to conduct regular product inspections by experts to ensure that purchased products are in optimal condition, especially for customers who want to ensure peak product performance throughout the entire period of use. In order to do this, LG India came up with three key customer experience innovations.
      The first looked to expand the range of customer choices, broadening the range of CareShip sales channels and products. The second aimed to improve customer impression services, where detailed plans were developed to differentiate the installation and repair experience. The last considered how to create an easy and convenient CareShip management system with customer convenience in mind.

To implement these new services, LG India analyzed data from its 50 million customers based on product type and usage period. This data-driven approach led to the expansion of sales channels and the creation of new care packages tailored to customer demand.
      The company has also enriched the customer experience with discount promotions, a wider selection of choices and the introduction of LG SUPER Service – a unique local package offering superior service quality.
      LG BEST Care further reflects customer needs by bringing ease and convenience to CareShip’s management system. Services are now automated with a systemized schedule for regular visits. In addition, LG India has increased the number of dedicated care professionals and uses Net Promoter Score to identify and address negative feedback on CareShip products.

These enhancements have yielded impressive results. The number of care products increased from three to ten types, offering a more diverse range of services. The rate of same-day installations and repairs has improved from 66.5 percent to 70.4 percent with SUPER Service. Consequently, LG BEST Care has experienced rapid growth in both customer base and revenue. LG India aims to continue this momentum into 2024 by setting regional monthly goals.
      Stay tuned for the next episode of ‘Customers at Heart,’ where we’ll visit another global LG office to discover more innovative customer experience strategies.
      # # #

• By hjetschko
      Hi, I have a feature request for the sound out setting. I often connect my Bluetooth headphones to the TV. We don't use the internal speaker of the TV, we use the optical sound out setting whenever I don't use Bluetooth. It would make our lives a lot easier if the TV can remember the last sound out setting before connecting to Bluetooth and default back to this setting when the Bluetooth device gets disconnected. At the moment, each time I disconnect the headphones I have to go back into settings and change the sound out setting from internal speaker to optical again. 
      Thanks and regards
      Hubert
    • By AndyW
      I see you have updated Web OS
      Why do you have to screw around with it, I don't want your 'Apps Experience' I just want to be able to watch TV!
      There used to be a button for selecting TV, it had gone now - why?
      Every time you do an update the TV channels favourite has to be re-selected.
      I write software for a living and if I treated my customers like you treat yours I would be out of a job.

Can you please put the TV channel selection back and possibly a setting so we don't have to wade through all the App garbage you seem so intent on wanting us to use - it's almost like you earn money from it...