Quantcast

think

Mohamed Elsaghier

Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Everton Bazarim
      Hi there, I Have this smatrt TV (model 39LN5700-SA --
      link hidden, please login to view I wanted to do something so I can use spotify...I don't think they will ever make it available.... Do u think I can install webOS? If so, which version? Thanks in 
    • By News Reporter
      link hidden, please login to view from HP and they've stated their intentions: and . But those other things , no, LG's perfectly happy with the millions of Android devices they've sold. No need to mess with what's working for them. But what about us, the webOS faithful? What about those webOS-powered smartphones and tablets we crave so? Short of storming LG's Seoul headquarters and forcing them to design, produce, and distribute webOS mobile devices (a long term occupation proposition, no doubt), the best we can do is try to make our voices heard. So you can , send them snail mail (don't forget, postage to Korea is going to take a few more stamps), and sign petitions.
      While it's highly unlikely that any of the above are going to change LG's mind unless they're slammed with hundreds of thousands of messages, it doesn't hurt to affix your name to an online petition, does it? With that spirit in mind, put up . Things have been a little slow, signature-gathering-wise since the petition went up late last month, but as we heard so often with webOS over the past few years - . We've just never been clear on what exactly waits at the finish line and just …

• By News Reporter
      So with today's news that
      link hidden, please login to view, what devices can we expect to get support? As they said in their announcement today, HP is "aiming for support on future hardware platforms" with support for the and a full complement of compatible open source drivers. The key word in their statement is 'future', and right now the answer as to which devices currently fit that mold is… none. The Linux Standard Kernel 3.3 is relatively new and no devices have yet been certified for 3.3. Right now, all Android OEMs are on version 3.1, despite the fact that version 3.3 has support for ARM processors going all the way back to Cortex-A8 (). Future devices will no doubt eventually have the kernel module (a closed-source bit for the processor) to support 3.3, but right now there aren't any that do and we don't know when that will happen.
      Historically speaking, Texas Instruments and Intel have been very good about providing documentation, adopting the latest Linux standards, and being general good supporters of the open source community. Qualcomm, Samsung, Nvidia, and the rest… not so much. Narrowing down our options [note: this is not a suggested purchases list, we don't recommend you buy a device on the chance that it might someday run Open webOS] to the most likely candidates among currently available devices are two: the Android-powered and the running Meego.