Peterg12

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

7 answers to this question

On 12/9/2022 at 1:16 PM, Peterg12 said:

I am unable to download ITVX on my LG Smart TV. Is it available yet? If not will it automatically replace ITV hub

If your LG TV isn't 2022 version (like mine 2019 65C9PLA) then you are out of luck. Good innit. Smart TV apps are a waste of space, best off getting a cheap firestick or Roku if you really need it. 

On 12/9/2022 at 1:16 PM, Peterg12 said:

I am unable to download ITVX on my LG Smart TV. Is it available yet? If not will it automatically replace ITV hub

ITVx is coming but neither ITV or LG are very keen to give a date.

What they have said is that the 20 live channels on ITVx won't be available on LG, for some reason, which is yet another reason not to buy LG again.

Manually updated from the App Store on my 55" C9 but it's a mess. "My Apps" still lists ITV Hub, not ITVX, is shown as locked / unavailable and the ITVx app has an infuriating bug where the picture will vanish to a black screen after any ad break leaving sound only, recoverable only by exiting and then restarting / resuming the programme, often needing several attempts.

Makes the whole thing virtually unusable, I guess announced with a fixed launch date before anyone had asked the developers how long it would take to release in a workable state!

4 hours ago, philipD said:

Manually updated from the App Store on my 55" C9 but it's a mess. "My Apps" still lists ITV Hub, not ITVX, is shown as locked / unavailable and the ITVx app has an infuriating bug where the picture will vanish to a black screen after any ad break leaving sound only, recoverable only by exiting and then restarting / resuming the programme, often needing several attempts.

Makes the whole thing virtually unusable, I guess announced with a fixed launch date before anyone had asked the developers how long it would take to release in a workable state!

I updated ITV Hub to ITVX and it works fine on my TV. I hate that I still cannot watch live TV on it though. I have it on a Firestick and that has the live tab so I use that more than the TV. If I had known about the problems on LG with live TV I would have looked at another make possibly with Android instead of this awful WebOS.

9 hours ago, Derek Robinson said:

... I would have looked at another make possibly with Android instead of this awful WebOS.

I find WebOS, in conjunction with the LG Magic Remote, pretty good, certainly in comparison with other TV UIs I've tried (and that includes Sony / AndroidTV). The ITVx debacle seems entirely an own goal by ITV and is the 1st significant issue I've had with it.

WebOS isnt awful - from the user point of view its just an app launcher and its very quick and easy on a C8 to do that - the apps themselves are quite simple too as they're just GUIs really - the hard work is really done by the libraries within the firmware.

I bought a ATV 4K back when there was no ATV app on WebOS but its still useful from time to time like the TvOS ITVx app does support live. 

For the issue of apps always showing needing update in the Content Store when they dont - then LG support quickly fell back on "try a factory reset before we can help" but its a big job to put back all the settings for each of SDR/HDR/DV for all sources and inputs

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      New Video Camera Solution With LG webOS Facilitates Convenient
      Medical Staff-Patient Interactions, Day and Night

SEOUL, Jan. 26, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is unveiling its Smart Cam Pro (model AN-VC22PR), a 4K video camera designed for use in hospitals and healthcare centers. LG Smart Cam Pro delivers sharp, clear image quality with or without the lights on, allowing seamless video communications at any time of day or night. The new model also presents healthcare solution providers with customizability through the integration of LG’s versatile webOS platform.
      LG Smart Cam Pro incorporates a 4K RGB main camera and a 4K night vision camera, each offering crisp, ultra-high definition (3,840 x 2,160) images1 and 4x digital zoom. The device also implements LG’s HDR effect, which adjusts color and contrast to make the subject easier to see, even when they are backlit by strong, natural or artificial light. When paired with a TV/display2 in the patient rooms, LG Smart Cam Pro with customized solution makes it possible for medical staff to complete their rounds virtually and ascertain if a patient needs specific support before physically attending to them. Also, after accepting a call placed through LG Smart Cam Pro, the screen of the recipient’s TV3 switches from the content being viewed to the camera feed, then switches back once the call has ended.
      Featuring a compact, space-saving design with a foldable mount, LG Smart Cam Pro can be placed on or near a TV or display. The device has a subtle, dark silver casing and a gloss-black front featuring a manual privacy cover that can be moved over the main lens at the user’s discretion. To provide clear communications between patients and medical staff, LG Smart Cam Pro is equipped with a built-in 4-way microphone system with echo cancellation and noise reduction.
      Additionally, LG’s 4K smart camera leverages the LG webOS platform, which provides a convenient user experience with the ability to add new and customized services in the future, and a Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. high-performance system on chip (SoC) for the Internet of Things (IoT) – capable of providing an excellent video experience and intensive Edge AI applications – to deliver seamless software services4 for healthcare solutions.
      “Utilizing both Qualcomm Technologies’ system-on-chip innovations and the LG webOS platform will allow the LG Smart Cam Pro to transform the way that medical services are performed across the globe,” said Jeffery Torrance, senior vice president and general manager of Connected Smart Systems (CSS), Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “LG and Qualcomm Technologies are continuing to advance IoT camera technology for consumers and businesses alike.”
      “Based on the LG webOS platform and Qualcomm’s advanced SoC, the new LG Smart Cam Pro is a 4K video camera solution intended to provide a convenient means of medical staff-patient communication in busy healthcare settings,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “A reliable innovation partner, LG will continue to provide a wide range of product lineups designed to meet the specific needs of diverse business sectors.”
      The LG Smart Cam Pro will be introduced at ISE 2023, which will be held in Barcelona, Spain from January 31 to February 3. To learn more about the innovation, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #
      1 Image definition may vary depending on the network environment.
      2 Available on a TV/display connected via HDMI.
      3 Available on compatible LG commercial TVs when connected via MPI port.
      4 Performance may vary depending on the network environment.

• By LG Nano LED
      18/01/2023
      Dear Sir or Madam
      I have a LG Nano LED tv, in that I am trying to download VOOTKIDS. But is not showing in the LG webos
      This was checked many times. 
      Kindly suggest me to how to download this app in my TV,

Thank you

Vignesh 
    • By manbboy
      Good evening all,
      Via WebOS, i have tried to download an .avi file but i got a message similar to "Downloading file is not supported" from the browser.
      I would like to find a way (via another app, via an external device or whatever) to download a media file into my TV or USB drive plugged-in. Then, I would like the TV to play that downloaded file.
      Any idea how to do this ?

In other words, today, what I do:
      - download a media file from the web with my computer (700mo)
      - copy the media into an USB drive
      - unplug the usb drive from my computer
      - plug the usb drive into my TV
      - play the media to watch it with my TV

I would like to avoid using my computer to watch my downloaded media on my TV.

Thanks,
      Manbboy
      My TV : OLED65C2

• By Libbo2003
      Hi just got a new QNED LG to replace 2021 Nano tv
      the problem is I can’t move my HD channels down to  channels 1 to5.
      the program manager does not have the function to move channels like my old Nano tv which is only a year older.
      is there anyway I can get around this strange function?
    • By JamesH
      I output the sound from my LG 75UJ657A to external speakers through a bluetooth connection, but it doesn't automatically connect to the bluetooth device when I turn the TV on. Whenever I cycle the TV off and, then, back on, the TV asks if I want to connect to the bluetooth device, and I have to select "yes" with the remote. My smart phone automatically connects to all the bluetooth devices I've set it up with. When I start my car, my phone connects automatically to the car stereo/phone system, and it does the same with other bluetooth speakers I have. This is what I want my TV to do.
      How do I get my LG 75UJ657A to automatically connect to the bluetooth device I've set up with it?