Quantcast

Download .avi into external usb drive

manbboy

Question

Good evening all,

Via WebOS, i have tried to download an .avi file but i got a message similar to "Downloading file is not supported" from the browser.

I would like to find a way (via another app, via an external device or whatever) to download a media file into my TV or USB drive plugged-in. Then, I would like the TV to play that downloaded file.

Any idea how to do this ?

In other words, today, what I do:

- download a media file from the web with my computer (700mo)

- copy the media into an USB drive

- unplug the usb drive from my computer

- plug the usb drive into my TV

- play the media to watch it with my TV

I would like to avoid using my computer to watch my downloaded media on my TV.

Thanks,

Manbboy

My TV : OLED65C2

2 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      American Street Artist and Social Activist, Shepard Fairey Chooses LG OLED as His
      Digital Canvas at Frieze LA

SEOUL, Mar. 1, 2024 — At Frieze Los Angeles 2024, LG OLED is joining forces with Shepard Fairey, the acclaimed contemporary street artist, social activist and founder of OBEY street wear, to bring street art into the realm of transformative digital expression. LG OLED, the ultimate digital canvas, is interwoven with Shephard’s physical works and the exhibition space itself to deliver a compelling sensory experience at LA’s annual art extravaganza.
      Themed Peace and Justice, the exhibition features a selection of Shepard Fairey’s instantly-recognizable work; hand-picked by the artist himself and drawing attention to some of the most pressing issues facing society today. Fairey blurs the boundary between traditional and commercial art, employing type and image to create vibrant pieces that offer bold, memorable visuals and thoughtful social critique.
      Although street art is, by its nature, an outdoor art form, Shepard is unafraid to embrace the digital medium, deftly uniting physical and virtual elements to add a new dimension to his artistic practice. Through the collection Peace and Justice, with support from LG OLED, the exhibition space at Frieze LA becomes an extension of Shepard’s distinctive art, delivering his unique creative vision in an innovative and highly original way.
      Reimagined for Frieze LA, the artist’s captivating Damaged Wrong Path Mural combines several iconic pieces from the artist’s well-received solo show, Damaged (2017). The clever deployment of LG OLED TVs brings fresh energy and a new dynamic to the large, complex piece.
      Leveraging the image accuracy made possible by LG OLED’s pixel-level control, Shepard amplifies the impact of this visually striking mural while imbuing it with a ‘newness’ that may surprise those familiar with the work. Shepard and LG OLED’s exclusive exploration of digital art also serves as a masterclass in the harmonious fusion of art and technology.
      “Art is about so much more than aesthetics; it should spur challenging conversations, broach meaningful topics and push us to feel uncomfortable emotions,” said Shepard Fairey. “The works included in my collaboration with LG OLED were chosen with these things in mind, and to demonstrate to audiences that the combining of art and technology can drive artistic practice and expression into new and rewarding territory.”
      “LG OLED is delighted to join with Shepard Fairey to push artistic boundaries and engage and inspire visitors at Frieze LA,” said Kate Oh, vice president of the Brand Communication Division at the LG Home Entertainment Company. “We remain steadfast in our commitment to the arts and will continue to support artists who share our passion for innovation and for making a positive difference.”
      LG OLED is dedicated to introducing more people to the exciting, always-evolving world of digital art. Through its LG OLED ART initiatives, the LG OLED brand continues to celebrate the fusion of art and technology, and connect with art enthusiasts from all around the globe.
      Join the LG OLED ART journey – visit the
      link hidden, please login to view to experience the brand’s latest captivating collaborations. # # #

• By Laurence
      I have an LG65UR80006LJ and when I plug my portable hard drive in to one of the USB ports, it lights up and sometimes the thumbnail folder gets added by the TV (I can see it when I plug the drive back into my PC) and twice now it has operated as expected and it appears as a device on the media app.
      But it has only worked correctly twice and now doesn't find the drive at all, despite me having reformatted it and only add one file to the root directory (the first page if this makes sense; not buried in sub folders.)
      Before I box the TV back up and send it back, is there anything else I need/can do as my 12 year old Philips smart tv has no problems what so ever finding the drive and playing the media on it?
      Thanks in advance for your help.
      Laurence 
    • By Shah Abhay
      I purchased tv lg 7550
      I download jio tv app how
      Ple tell me
    • By News Reporter
      Company Has Established a Comprehensive, Ethically-Responsible
      Management System for Its AI-Enabled Home Appliances

SEOUL, Feb. 15, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) has recently achieved a significant milestone by obtaining the AI Management System (AIMS) certification (ISO/IEC 42001) from the Korean Standards Association (KSA).1 This certification demonstrates LG’s commitment to prioritizing data security and embracing responsible AI management practices throughout the entire lifecycle of its AI-powered home appliances.
      ISO/IEC 42001, a globally recognized standard established jointly by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), sets out the essential requirements for governing and managing AI technologies.2 AIMS certification validates that a company has not only implemented but also maintains and continuously improves an AI Management System, demonstrating a responsible and ethical approach to developing and utilizing AI-based solutions.
      The stringent assessment criteria of ISO/IEC 42001 cover various aspects, including AI policy formulation, risk assessment, risk management, ethical compliance, regulatory responsiveness and transparency in AI management processes.
      The acquisition of AIMS certification acknowledges LG’s ongoing and systematic efforts to ensure rigorous control over potential issues related to its AI products and services, including security, fairness, transparency and accountability. Through this certification, LG aims to enhance customer trust and strengthen its competitiveness.
      Last year, LG distinguished itself as the first home appliance manufacturer to receive Deep Learning AI Verification, awarded by the independent safety science company UL for its washing machine and dryer. Additionally, LG obtained AI Safety Certification from the Korea Institute of Industrial Technology (KITECH) for the AI functionalities integrated into the LG WashTower.3
      LG actively leverages data- and AI-based research and development initiatives to realize the vision of the ‘Zero Labor Home,’ offering users a refreshingly convenient and relaxing smart home experience facilitated by LG’s advanced, AI-driven home appliances and services.
      “This certification shows that we have established a comprehensive AI management system and are committed to providing our customers with safe, responsible AI-based solutions for a better life,” said Lyu Jae-chul, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company.
      # # #
      1 The AI Management System certification (ISO/IEC 42001) from the Korean Standards Association is confined to the products produced in LG Smart Park 1, 2 in Changwon, South Korea.
      2 link hidden, please login to view
      3 The AI Safety Certification from the Korea Institute of Industrial Technology is applied to WashTower model W17NT.

• By Jimout
      I am getting a "cannot download files" when I try and download a FirePro file.
      I was able to download before.
      Is there a way around or fix.