Quantcast

PreCentral: International Enyo Hackathon produces a bevy of apps in just five hours

Enyo

webOS developers from around the world gathered yesterday in person and online to take place in the . The event lasted right around six hours, including an introduction from HP's Ben Combee, a Q&A session, . Seventeen apps were submitted by the end, with the only rules that they must made with , use a publicly-available API, and run either on a TouchPad or in the Chrome browser.

The judges - Combee, Enyo Developer Relations guru Lisa Brewster, and your's truly - selected apps to win the vaunted label of best design, best functionality, and best overall app, with the best overall winning an HP TouchPad while the other two went home with a Pre3. So, without further ado, the winners are…

mf.gif

a2t.imgm5_GTYmvtiM

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By yenn22
      Hi, since I think yesterday I have an issue with HBO GO - it just shows unsupported device and that is it. According to their website, WebOS 3.5+ should be supported, I have LG uh6107 and in menu it shows SW version  5.60.15, so I think it should be ok.. does anybody have the same issue?
    • By Justin Tan
      Found multiplex application that use letsencrypt stop working in 30 September 2021 on LG WebOS 3.5. This appear to be wide spread multiplex version of WEBOS. 
      See 
      AND 

link hidden, please login to view As PLEX blaming to be LG fault. LG please provide solution to only 2 year old TV
      LG
      Our current app is available on 4K/UHD LG television models running the following system software:
      webOS 3.0 webOS 3.5 webOS 4.0 webOS 5.0 No 720p or 1080p (“full HD”) sets are supported for our current app at this time.
      Note: Due to root certificate limitations with the device OS itself, only webOS 5.0+ devices support secure connections with a personal Plex Media Server. To allow connections to a personal server, devices running earlier webOS versions must be set to Allow Insecure Connections in the TV app settings and the Plex Media Server must be set to Preferred for the Secure Connections preference.
    • By Mackey
      I bought a new 77 inch OLED tv a year ago. Ever since then it has randomly reset itself when using apps, (Youtube, Sirius, Netflix, doesn't matter). Basically the tv freezes, closes out the app and goes black as if the power has been cut, and then restarts to HDMI 1 just as it does whenever the TV is first turned on. I have had a technician visit 4 times already and he's replaced the main board, the wifi board, the remote control and the remote sensor. Basically he's replaced everything except the display and the power cord. Of course we've made sure the firmware is up to date and done many hard resets and nothing works.  I'll add one more thing that happened last week for the first time, but it happened twice so it is definitely not a coincidence. I was watching a movie on Disney Plus and a half second before my phone rang, the movie stopped like before, but this time the app restarted in stead of the entire tv restarting. This exact same thing happened 15 minutes later, a half second before another call came in so it was not a coincidence. My phone is android with Verizon fwiw, but of course I get calls all of the time and this only happened this one day. Since almost everything has been replaced I had already been thinking that some kind of electromagnetic interference may be at issue, but this is not my specialty. Has anyone else experienced this?
    • By Richard Stewart
      After I complete developing lg tv app,  how other man  test  app?
    • By jkester
      Sling TV is my default app on my LG TV.   Everything  was working fine until today.  Now when I hit the HOME button on the remote, the TV correctly returns to the HOME page, but then immediately re-launches Sling TV before I have an opportunity to select a different app (for example, Netflix).   This cycle repeats itself every time I enter HOME while in the Sling TV app.  The only way I can return to HOME without Sling TV automatically relaunching is to manually select a different input (e.g., HDMI one or LIVE Team), and then enter HOME and it will correctly stay in HOME until another app is selected.  I've tried resetting the TV  and I've tried deleting/adding Sling TV.  I have the latest WebOS update.  This may have started after downloading a recent Sling TV app?  Not sure.  Any suggestions appreciated.