Quantcast

Issues with ARC when turning on LG TV

lsaadeh1

Question

Hi all,

I'm having issues with my lgtv and receiver (Sherwood RD-6506) when turning on my lgtv.

If I unplug and replug my hdmi cable in it works again but won't start working on its own!

I've tried disabling quickstart+.. not sure what else I can do...

TV: OLED55B8STB

Firmware: 05.40.26

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Flavio_S
      On LG OLEDs. You go on and disable SIMPLINK. Fine. But everytime you turn on your HDMI device it enables itself back again. This happens because they have disables two key features that were present in previous OSs, as you can see clearly here
      link hidden, please login to view (they even put screencaps of the menus where you see the missing options in the 23) These functions are Auto Power Sync and Auto Device Detection.
      Man updates are supposed to add functionalities not the other way around. It's very annoying to turn on your TV and have your AVR turn on without you wanting to.

Anyone found a solution for this problem?
    • By Speedemon
      I have a UK6300 LG TV. It has always worked faultlessly. However it now will not show the pointer unless I restart it and then it only there of only for 20 seconds and then it is gone. The LAN cable notification constantly disconnects and reconnects. The Web Browser no longer opens on my selected page. The Software version is the latest and when I tried to manually update the software in case the auto update got corrupted it will not recognize the USB drive as having the software on it. The software browser version is 05.50.15.
      Any ideas what to do. I have two other LG TV's and all work perfectly.
    • By tezz7624
      tv keeps turning on of its own accord mostly in the small hours of the morning
    • By Extra Celestial
      Would love to auto start the Alexa app so my smart home can connect to it automatically when I turn it on from a plug since you can't turn on the tv with the hubs.

One small workaround instead of trying to figure out how to turn on the tv from a hub since it disconnects from the wifi when it powers off.
    • Weebly - Websites, eCommerce & Marketing in one place.
    • By 152bobby
      I have been trying to get my Google Home and Nest Audio Speakers to turn my LG OLED65C24LA TV on and off.   I have linked ThinQ to Google Home but it still wouldn't work.  So plan B was to get a Chromecast to do this one simple voice activated request....I have no intentions of using Chromecast for anything else!
      So this actually does work, however, when asking it to turn the TV on, it defaults to the home page of Chromecast TV, I want it to just open to my normal TV system, which is Sky Q.  Ideally, I would like to disconnect the Chromecast and just get Google Home and ThinQ to do this !!
      I have checked every setting and trawled the internet for a solution.  I've posted on the AV Forum in the UK and the Google Forum and I'm waiting on a call back from LG Support UK.
      I expected this to be a VERY simple task !!
      Can anyone help with this ?