Quantcast

OLED65CX9LA not compatible with WD ULTRA EX2 Twonky server

Rad Fahrer

Question

I have an OLED65CX9LA TV,  and I am using a Western Digital ULTRA EX2 NAS (new OS5) including a Twonky Server 8.5.2-5 (DLNA Server).

I want to use the TV image viewer (DLNA) for showing jpg images (no videos or music) but I have two problems that drive me crazy:

1. the LG TV Image viewer doesn's show the thumbnails, only the file names xxx.jpg
  2. Most of my images are in 3840 X 2160 resolution. The Twonky servers streams the images in seven resolutions including the original resolution 3840 X 2160. For some reason the TV always picks the 2nd highest resoution, which is only 1920x1080 (one fourth)

I tried browsing my images on my tablet using the "Bubble UPnP" app. Here the thumbnails are shown, and the full resolution is available

Finally, I believe I have seen it working well on the TV with a very old version of the Twonky Server on a NAS, but I cannnot reproduce it aaymore.

Has anybody managed to get this working?

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lizzy
      I have set up a hard disc, that I can see in the home menu, but when I go to the guide and select the "i" it only gives me the option to watch. I am very new to smart television and I can't figure out how to correct this problem.
    • By manbboy
      Good evening all,
      Via WebOS, i have tried to download an .avi file but i got a message similar to "Downloading file is not supported" from the browser.
      I would like to find a way (via another app, via an external device or whatever) to download a media file into my TV or USB drive plugged-in. Then, I would like the TV to play that downloaded file.
      Any idea how to do this ?

In other words, today, what I do:
      - download a media file from the web with my computer (700mo)
      - copy the media into an USB drive
      - unplug the usb drive from my computer
      - plug the usb drive into my TV
      - play the media to watch it with my TV

I would like to avoid using my computer to watch my downloaded media on my TV.

Thanks,
      Manbboy
      My TV : OLED65C2

• By Libbo2003
      Hi just got a new QNED LG to replace 2021 Nano tv
      the problem is I can’t move my HD channels down to  channels 1 to5.
      the program manager does not have the function to move channels like my old Nano tv which is only a year older.
      is there anyway I can get around this strange function?
    • By skyone
      Since some months youtube has stopped working properly, it stops playing videos after some clips and became unresponsive showing blanked videos windows.
      I have the latest tv firmware: 4.06.25
      and latest youtube version app available for webos 2.0:  v.1.1.26 12/01/2022
      I tried everything:
      Resetting youtube
      Changing language and country
      Resetting tv
      Resetting tv by unpluging power for some minutes
      Uninstall and reinstall youtube 
      Connecting to internet wifi from phone hotspot instead of house wifi 
      I sent many feedbacks throught youtube app but still no fix until today..

• By JamesH
      I output the sound from my LG 75UJ657A to external speakers through a bluetooth connection, but it doesn't automatically connect to the bluetooth device when I turn the TV on. Whenever I cycle the TV off and, then, back on, the TV asks if I want to connect to the bluetooth device, and I have to select "yes" with the remote. My smart phone automatically connects to all the bluetooth devices I've set it up with. When I start my car, my phone connects automatically to the car stereo/phone system, and it does the same with other bluetooth speakers I have. This is what I want my TV to do.
      How do I get my LG 75UJ657A to automatically connect to the bluetooth device I've set up with it?