Quantcast

LG OLED Objet Collection Brings Home iF Gold Award for Design Excellence

Accolades for LG OLED Objet Collection Along with Appliances That
Elevate Consumer Lifestyles From Product to Service Design

iF-Desing-Award_LG-OLED-OBJET-COLLECTION

SEOUL, Apr. 12, 2022 — A jury panel of 132 high profile design experts from over 20 countries awarded LG with 20 recognitions, among them the iF Gold Award for the LG OLED Objet Collection (model 65Art90). Among the awarded LG products, 16 were for Product Design while 3 were for User Interface (UI). This year, out of approximately 11,000 entries received, 73 applicants received iF Gold Awards.

The award comprehensively evaluates products based on its criteria, which include differentiation and impact, in 9 disciplines and categories – Product, Packaging, Communication, Interior Architecture, Professional Concept, Service Design, Architecture, User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI).

LG OLED Objet Collection, one of the Lifestyle TV lineup, secured the highest iF Gold Award for outstanding easel-like design that blends seamlessly into any room with its minimalist style and subtle use of neutral colors, bringing immediate sophistication and visual harmony to any indoor space. Users can lower the cover to reveal the full extent of the screen for the maximum viewing experience or partially cover the display to only see a curated selection of lifestyle functions.

In addition, LG OLED evo Gallery Edition (77G2), LG OLED evo (65C2) and LG XBOOM 360 were also recognized in the product design category for category-leading aesthetics, functionality and technological innovation.

In UX categories, both LG OLED Objet Collection and LG StanbyME (model 27Art10) were recognized for convenience and viewing comfort for delivering more usability. An intuitive touch screen allows StanbyME to be operated with ease. The user interface designed specifically for this product is unlike any TV UI and is tailored to the viewer’s personal viewing habit.

Since 1953, designers and manufacturers have endeavored to win the renowned iF label for design. Conferred by the iF International Forum Design GmbH based in Hanover, the iF Design Award is recognized as one of the top three design awards in the world, alongside the Red Dot Design Award and IDEA (International Design Excellence Award). Winning an iF Design Award is confirmation of quality for outstanding design and exceptional customer service and, for consumers and users, an iF Design Award is guarantee that the product displaying the mark is the best in its class.

“We are very honored to be recognized at the iF Design Award after being recognized at the Red Dot Design Award for design excellence,” said Lee Chul-bae, senior vice president and executive head of LG Electronics’ Life Innovation Design Center. “LG Electronics has always strived to offer the best user experiences and the highest aesthetic value, which is why it is very meaningful to have our efforts recognized by one of the top design award.”

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Headlined by the Ultra-Premium ‘Signature Kitchen Suite’ Built-in Lineup,
      Latest Premium Appliances Offer New Options for a More Personalized Home

SEOUL, Feb. 1, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is presenting its state-of-the-art kitchen and living appliance lineups at the 2023 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS), taking place at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, from January 31 to February 2.
      Under the theme of ‘Life on the UP,’ LG’s exhibit showcases the modern design and advanced technology of the company’s latest appliances while highlighting the personalized convenience they provide through the addition of ThinQ UP and ThinQ Care features – now available on LG’s premium built-in lineups for the very first time. Featuring eight unique zones, LG’s booth explores diverse consumer lifestyles and aesthetics with each zone representing a different, well-known American city, location or landmark, and each displaying a selection of new, cutting-edge LG appliances.
      Visitors to KBIS 2023 can discover the latest premium kitchen solutions from luxury built-in brands, Signature Kitchen Suite and LG STUDIO, both of which offer the refined design and personalization options that today’s consumers want for their homes. The new Signature Kitchen Suite 48-inch built-in refrigerator comes in stainless steel or panel-ready option and boasts Signature Fit Integrated Design; enabling a seamless match with any interior décor and giving customers the choice of proud or flush installation.
      Also on show at KBIS is LG’s new Signature Kitchen Suite 36-inch gas cooktop. The impressive appliance features five, powerful brass burners totaling 67,500 BTUs – including a 24,000-BTU* Ultra-High dual burner with a convertible wok grate – which is the most of any cooktop in the luxury kitchen category. Additionally, the new cooktop is available with an easy-to-clean porcelain-coated cooking surface, while the LG STUDIO kitchen package now offers customers an elegant, new handle color – rose gold – to choose from.
      For hassle-free cleanup, the Signature Kitchen Suite’s PowerSteam® dishwasher can complete a full cycle in less than one hour thanks to LG’s QuadWash Pro and Dynamic Heat Dry technologies, the latter of which circulates hot air throughout the appliance’s interior. The sleek, stainless steel dishwasher, which has ‘hidden’ controls located on top of its door, uses TrueSteam® to help remove caked-on food and reduce water spots, while QuadWash Pro uses high-pressure jets of water to clean dishware from multiple angles.
      LG is also exhibiting its personalized living solutions at this year’s show, with ThinQ UP appliances such as the latest washer and dryer pair, a new minimalism concept kitchen appliances lineup, and lastly, the new MoodUP by LG STUDIO – a fridge with color-changing door panels (23 colors available for the upper panel and 19 for the lower) that can be easily controlled via the LG ThinQ app. ThinQ UP, which enables users to continuously upgrade their appliances with additional features, will soon be coming to LG’s built-in appliances – including the Signature Kitchen Suite and LG STUDIO lineup – as will ThinQ Care features designed to help users protect and get the most out of their LG solutions.
      What’s more, LG is presenting entertaining events at the show to allow visitors to experience its products and brand values first-hand. In the Las Vegas-themed zone of the company’s booth, Signature Kitchen Suite chefs, Nick Ritchie from Napa Valley and Austin Kang from Seoul, are giving cooking demonstrations using Signature Kitchen Suite appliances to prepare delectable treats for attendees. LG is also hosting an exclusive party in its booth’s New York-themed zone on the evening before KBIS 2023 opens. Along with music and a colorful LED lighting display provided by the customizable MoodUP by LG STUDIO, guests will be able to enjoy delicious desserts made using the ultra-convenient Scan to Cook feature on LG STUDIO cooking appliances.
      “At KBIS 2023, we will introduce the exceptional, personalized experience offered by our ultra-premium built-in appliances and ThinQ UP,” said Lyu Jae-cheol, president of LG Electronics Home Appliance & Air Solution Company. “LG will continue to deliver smart, stylish kitchen and living solutions designed to enhance consumers’ homes and daily lives.”
      Visitors to LG’s booth (West Hall #3045, Las Vegas Convention Center) at KBIS 2023 will have the opportunity to experience the full portfolio of LG kitchen and living appliances.
      # # #
      * British Thermal Unit (BTU) is a unit of heat.

• By Lizzy
      I have set up a hard disc, that I can see in the home menu, but when I go to the guide and select the "i" it only gives me the option to watch. I am very new to smart television and I can't figure out how to correct this problem.
    • By News Reporter
      Highest Full-Year Revenue in LG Electronics’ History With
       Continuous Growth Based on Strong Fundamentals

SEOUL, Jan. 27, 2023 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) today announced full-year 2022 consolidated revenue of KRW 83.5 trillion with operating profit of KRW 3.6 trillion.
      In 2022, LG achieved its highest annual revenue ever – surpassing KRW 80 trillion for the first time in its history – increasing 12.9 percent over 2021, when sales exceeded KRW 70 trillion for the first time. The record sales reflect continuous growth based on strong fundamentals, although full-year profitability was impacted by challenging global economic conditions.
      The company’s revenue growth in 2022 was driven by strong demand for premium home appliances and automotive parts. For the seventh consecutive year, the appliance business unit saw significant year-over-year growth. The turnaround of LG’s Vehicle components Solutions business in 2022 reflected steady improvements in the automotive industry, and this business exceeded 10 percent of LG’s total revenue for the first time.
      The LG Home Appliance & Air Solution Company saw another record-setting year with 2022 revenue of KRW 29.9 trillion, an increase of 10.3 percent from the previous year, as a result of company’s premium-focused strategy that includes unique appliances such as LG Styler clothing care systems, all-in-one WashTower laundry centers, and LG InstaView refrigerators with Craft Ice. Full-year 2022 operating profit was KRW 1.1 trillion lower than in the previous year caused by increased marketing investments and higher logistics costs. The business unit plans to consistently pursue its premium-centered strategy by improving competitiveness of premium products as well as strengthening its mass-tier lineup, along with cost structure management to enhance profitability. In addition, the company will accelerate the expansion of smart home ecosystems by expanding upgradable appliance lineups in the overseas markets.
      The LG Home Entertainment Company reported 2022 revenue of KRW 15.7 trillion and operating profit of KRW 5.4 billion. Although lower global TV demand impacted revenue and operating profit versus 2021, the company’s content and services business based on LG’s smart TV platform has grown ten-fold since 2018. As challenging business conditions persist, the company will focus on expanding LG’s smart TV platform to diversify its overall business portfolio and secure future growth engines. Furthermore, the company will maintain its competitive edge by growing the premium TV segment, such as OLED TV and QNED TV, as well as effectively managing marketing expenses.
      The LG Vehicle component Solutions Company increased revenue by 29.1 percent in 2022 from 2021 to KRW 8.6 trillion with a full-year operating profit of KRW 169.6 billion. The business unit’s profitable growth was driven by proactively responding to higher demand from automakers. By year-end 2022, the total value of accumulated orders for auto parts is around KRW 80 trillion, reflecting the company’s position as a leading supplier to the worldwide automotive industry. The company will continue its momentum by strengthening its global supply chain and will work to further increase profitability through efficient cost structure management.
      The LG Business Solutions Company’s 2022 revenue of KRW 6.1 trillion increased 11.2 percent over the previous year driven by continuous recovery of information displays. Full-year operating profit declined, primarily due to lower post-pandemic demand for PCs and monitors. Looking ahead, the company plans to improve competitiveness of PCs and monitors, while driving stable growth in the B2B segment by developing more customized solutions.
      Earnings Conference and Conference Call
      LG Electronics will hold a Korean / English conference call on January 27, 2023 at 16:00 Korea Standard Time (07:00 GMT/UTC). Conference call participants are instructed to pre-register online to receive a private PIN. To participate in the conference call, dial +82 31 810 3130, enter passcode 6418# and then the PIN. The corresponding presentation file will be available for download at the LG Electronics website before the call.
      # # #

• By GiotisCy
      Hello, 
      I have recently purchased an LG C2 Oled TV which I connected with my Samsung HW-Q800B 5.1 soundbar via eArc HDMI. When I select "Passthrough" as a Digital Sound Output on LG TV sound advanced settings, there is an obvious sound response delay around 3 seconds when I pause and unpause the movie on Netflix or Prime video streaming apps on LG TV. For example, when I start the movie, the video starts and sound starts 2-3 secs later. When I pause the movie, the sound continues for 2-3 secs after the video has been stopped. There is no any lip sync issue, just this response delay of the sound from the soundbar. This happens only on LG TV Apps. If I connect to an external HDMI device such as AMAZON Fire Stick 4K, there is no such sound delay issue neither on Netflix neither on Prime Video. 
      Thus, the problem seems to be on LG TV apps.
      If I change the Digital Sound Output to "Auto" instead of "Passthrough" the issue is gone but sound quality is not as good as with Passthrough selected. So I do not want this to be my option.
      I would appreciate if someone could come with a solution on this.