Quantcast

ARC won't turn off

I have an impossible issue with arc on my LG G1 TV.  My TV is connected to a Denon AVR.  CEC is enabled, we want this to work, it needs to work, it used to work with my old TV perfectly.  The problem is sometimes arc enables itself for external sources on the AVR.  When this happens, the TV blinks repeatedly trying to turn Arc on.  Arc will never work of course, the audio is supplied elsewhere.  The problem is, there is no way to turn Arc off when this happens.  The TV blinks, arc turns on, I turn it off, the TV blinks and turns Arc on again.  I simply cannot use the TV at all, it's a neverending blink blink, arc, blink, arc, blink.... forever.  The remote is impossible to use when this happens, the blink is too fast and you can't turn arc off.  In fact the stupid arc should never have enabled itself anyway.

Something is VERY wrong with the arc implementation on this G1.  In fact, when using an App, the only time Arc should ever turn on, NEVER turns on unless we manually turn it on.  It's like the implementation is backward

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By manbboy
      Good evening all,
      Via WebOS, i have tried to download an .avi file but i got a message similar to "Downloading file is not supported" from the browser.
      I would like to find a way (via another app, via an external device or whatever) to download a media file into my TV or USB drive plugged-in. Then, I would like the TV to play that downloaded file.
      Any idea how to do this ?

In other words, today, what I do:
      - download a media file from the web with my computer (700mo)
      - copy the media into an USB drive
      - unplug the usb drive from my computer
      - plug the usb drive into my TV
      - play the media to watch it with my TV

I would like to avoid using my computer to watch my downloaded media on my TV.

Thanks,
      Manbboy
      My TV : OLED65C2

• By Martindup
      When I open the DSTV Now app on my lg tv I get the error “We’re sorry Something went wrong. Please try again.” 
      I have re installed the app, checked for firmware updates and even reset TV but the error keeps on appearing. 
      Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it a tv issue or is it the app which is faulty?

• By Agustina
      Hi, my lg 60uj6580-sd updates automatically and I haven't had any problem until firmware update (I think) 06.00.10 made my tv really slow: apps freeze, as well as videos, and tv control sometimes (if not most of the time) doesn't respond because it freezes too. How can I fix it?
    • By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By Nigelrw
      We ran an ARC sound bar with surround sound on a C9 OLED TV - this works fine . I would like to add a bluetooth headphone for my partner to use as her hearing is getting worse but key is to operate both the sound bar and the bluetooth headphones at same time  - Has anyone done this . I can see away to do it with internal speaker option but quaility of speakers is not too good on the C9.