Quantcast

Disney+ Hotstar does not supports Dolby audio on webos

Arun kumar Ponnusamy

Question

3 answers to this question

Same happens with my TV  LG

link hidden, please login to view
C2 (2022 model) 55 inch which supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos/Dolby Digital . I am able to use Dolby Atmos on all OTT apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime on LG web OS except Disney+Hotstar. Hotstar alone plays in Stereo. There may be the issue in WebOS of LG for LG C2 Disney+HS

Yup.. correct. I also recently purchased LG C1 65" and the Disney hotstar app only supports stereo on WebOS. I tried with FireTV Stick 4k connected to the TV and that supported dolby digital plus (5.1) in Disney hotstar app. So we will need to wait for Hotstar to work on an update for WebOS. Its really odd that the app supported Dolby vision / HDR but not the Dolby Audio. 😞 

I am also not getting Dolby sound on my Hisense Android tv though I get it in other apps like Netflix, prime etc.After contacting hotstar customer care they informed that they have disabled Dolby feature on Hisense and a few other brands due to some unspecified problems for which they are working on a solution. The Dolby feature is available in Samsung and Sony