Quantcast

WIFI/Bluetooth NG/NG ? Is there a chance to fix in software?

Hale

Question

We had a 40A power breaker overload, and shutdown. After that our 55UB8500 started without Bluetooth and WIFI.

First time I revived the WIFI/BT (and magic remote) with the TV hard reset, and waiting for a few hours unconnected. It worked almost 2 days, and WIFI died finally.

I tried ordering second-hand WIFI modules from ALiExpress junk stores two times, but every time there is NG/NG in In-Start against WIFI and BT.

Of course, I tried resetting it in various combinations.

The most confusing thing is that  USB works fine, IR works fine, RJ45 works fine! So there should be all the voltages. There are no errors in power log, every time it is a power-button action, or a timeout at the input when PC and Nintendo are shut down.

So I have a suspicion that something is bad in the software/deep configuration? How do you think? Is there a way to restore,  or a simple way to debug without the service jig?

My original unit is configured for Japan with WIFI made in Philipines (if I remember correctly, I need to dig it out from the junk storage box). The junk modules I ordered are Chinese. Made in Philipines and China, I do not know, do they have a regional lock or free to swap.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet