Quantcast

Please improve the subtitles control overall

JoJoRabbit

For a +1000$ TV, the subtitles system for the media player is not okay.

1) The subtitles delay can only go in – time. No + (later). So if the subtitles come too early, you cannot improve it. It should be possible to control by 50ms or at least 100ms instead of only half seconds.

2) The font is just bad. Not super legible, with inconsistent spacing (the space between letters is sometimes big, sometimes small), and a pretty bad design overall. Offer more fonts to choose, like other brands do.

3) The smallest size possible is still relatively big. Why not give more control options? Maybe selecting the exact size by increments of 2 points instead of 6-7 options.

4)  It should be possible to decide if subtitles have an outline or not, or shadow, just overall more control depending on personal taste and the film one watches. Just color is simply amateurish for this price.

5) Offer more options to place to font even lower on the screen. I've seen others request this.

Please LG, improve this in a firmware upgrade. Currently subtitles ruin my film experience. Thanks in advance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By MURAD
      Hello , There is no setting to select subtitles for series and movies, I tried clicking on the colors on the remote, but nothing worked, I poked around in settings and found nothing. I sent several emails to the company, but no response was received. I remember that there was an option in the previous version, who has the same problem and what can be done?
    • By matesz
      Hi
      I have LG C3 connected to yamaha A-S501 via optical cable.

When i pair the devices with universal control both power and volume features works as intended.
      After pairing i cannot turn on or off connected device, but volume works.

It's like option to send power signal via IR is turned off and i cannot find option in settings to change it.

Please help, i just replaced AMP explicitly to have this feature
    • By Danster75
      Hi all,

I'm Danny and have a problem with my LG OLED65C8;

since a few months when playing movies, either from my Syno NAS or just plain USB, subtitles are being displayed double (over or above eachother) or are displayed for sometimes minutes after the sentence's been spoken. The videofiles haven't got any hardcoded subs but either subs included in the mkv container or as separate srt of ssa file. Disabling subs removes the display of subs, enabling subs results in double or persistent subs.

Subtitles have been disabled in the accessability menu, factory reset did not help.

I searched but as far as I can see this problem has not been discussed yet, also googled and never came across this problem. Perhaps someone here can help?

Kind regards, Danny
      ----------------
      SOLUTION, for me at least:

I used ColorControl to reboot the TV. It's weird that a factory reset did not work but a simple reboot did.

• By matesz
      Hi
      I currently have CA DacMagic 100 connected via optical + CA A1 AMP, this is quite cumbersome and doesn't work with universal control.
      I know that i will have to buy some hardware to have proper universal control, however i can't find any reliable information on which amp does support it and which doesn't. 

It would be great if list of supported devices would be available.
      If not then recomendation for AMPs that works well with optical + simple DALI oberon stereo satellite setup is also solution.

PS1. Sorry if this duplicate but i couldn't find anything meaningful after few days of googling.
      PS2. I've heard that Denon AVR-X3600H works but this is massive overkill for what i need (i don't indend to go beyond stereo, not even 2+1).
    • By Harald Dunkel
      The specs for the magic remote promise "Voice Recognition with Intuitive Mouse Like Pointing and Wheel Control". I think that would be nice. The current implementation of scrolling via the wheel on the magic remote is not intuitive. Why would I move my thumb up to pull the text shown on the screen down to the bottom?
      Question is, can we please get natural scrolling for WebOS 5.5.0 and newer? Some option in the settings would be fine. The current "unnatural" scrolling is a major obstacle in usability for me, and the main reason to not buy LG again.