Quantcast

LG G1 streaming problem with latest software

Nick Payne

Question

We've had a 65" OLED G1 for a while (Australian model OLED65G1PUA.AUS). No problems with it until the latest software update that installed on it a couple of weeks ago (the set shows the current installed level as 03.21.05). Since the update, when streaming using one of the apps built into the TV, maybe once every couple of days the picture will freeze in the middle of playback, and two or three seconds later the TV kicks us back to the initial screen for the app that we are streaming from. We've had it happen with Binge, with Apple TV+, and with Amazon Prime. If we access the same streaming services using the Android version of the apps on a Chromecast with Google TV that I have plugged into one of the HDMI ports on the G1, we never see the same problem.

As the problem doesn't happen with the Chromecast, it doesn't seem to be a network problem (both the Chromecast and G1 are using a wired Ethernet connection rather than WiFi); as it happens with multiple apps on the G1, it doesn't appear to be a problem with a specific app; and as it has only started happening since the software update to the TV, that points the finger at that update as being the cause of the problem.

Any suggestions? There doesn't appear to be any officially supported way of downgrading the software on an LG set to the previous version to see if that gets rid of the problem.

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Sergi
      Hi!
      i just purchased this new projector and I see many mainstream apps are missing from the store, even though I saw other WebOS devices with them.
      I dont’t see Amazon Prime, Disney+ or HBO max…
      Does anybody know how to get them, if it’s even possible??
      Thank you in advance!
    • By Nick Payne
      I can stream ABC content using either the iView app on our LG G1 65" OLED, or via the iView Android TV app that is installed on a Chromecast with Google TV that is plugged into one of the G1 HDMI ports. If I stream content using the app on the TV, every few minutes there's a momentary (fraction of a second) interruption to both sound and video. If I stream the same content using the app on the Chromecast, I get no such interruptions. Both TV and Chromecast are using wired Ethernet connections to the same switch, so I can't see that these interruptions are due to a network problem, or I'd see them on both devices. It would seem to be a problem with the app provided on the TV. Other streaming services that we access via apps on the TV (Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime, etc) do not show the same problem.
    • By Roop
      I recently purchased a HU715QW LG Projector which came with software version 03.00.06, does this mean I am on WebOS 3.0, is there a way for me to get to 6.02 which seems to be the latest version of WebOS? Thanks for your help.
    • By PVN Satyanarayana
      Hi, I purchased my SMART TV model 43LF6300 in the year 2016 and current Firmware Version 04.06.40. Every one India using their favorite app like Disney Hotstar+, Zee5, Aaha and many more apps but those are not available on my TV which is annoying.. I spent Rs. 54000 to buy LG Smart TV but all the latest apps are not available. Please release the latest Web OS for these models at least Beta version unless the TVs like this will be useless and no one trust LG products. Thanks in advance and hope to receive latest Web OS soon.
    • By Koldolmen
      When i start my tv it boots up at HDMI 2 ARC which is the last one used and the one I want to use (Sound bar/apple tv connected), but then the tv changes to HDMI 4 and I don't understand why because there's nothing connected to it. It does this every time. I start my tv via my apple tv remote. Is there a way to force HDMI 2? Set it as default?