Quantcast

GX 77 switches to HDMI port 1 on it's own?

DrtyHarry

Question

Hi Guys,

My 2020 GX 77" keeps switching itself to HDMI port 1 all on it's own.

I can prevent it from doing so by disabling the SIMPLINK, but if I do that....my LG soundbar no longer works.

I tried toggling the auto device detection & quickstart. Any suggestions?

I read some posts that infer that it could be the motherboard?

Thanks in advance!

-Harry

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Luka Pantsulaia
      I bought LG smart tv. for some reason region selected was Africa and could only choose from african countries and had very little available apps in content store. I live in Georgia, so figured that  changing region to EU would help so changed it to 3122 and selected service country UK because Georgia was not in the list. after that every app says that it is not available in current country. I have  default region code saved so I guess could go back but wondering if any one can help me to get it working in EU. or if anyone have region code in which Georgia is available it will be helpful as well. 
    • By Alwaleed Alqahtani
      Hi, I’ll cut to the chase to save your time
      when simplink feature is on, and my extrrnal device is connected (PS5 in my case) to HDMI 1 for example, when I turn on my tv and PS5 (btw I have to do it with seperate controlers which is less convenient than using the PS5 controller alone) anyway so turn them both on but my tv input is still not automatically connected to the only device that is turned on so I have to change the input, as soon as I change the input to my PS5, it turns off my PS5 automatically, and then I have to turn on my PS5 for the second time, it’s driving me crazy, please help me this issue because turning off simplink is no a real sulotion. And one more thing, simplink should be simpler than this am I right?! For example, the TV should turn on by itself as soon as I turn on any other external device “like PS5 or Nintendo switch because these devices I will always need their original controllers so why do I have to use the magic remote to turn them on? That’s not convenient” samsung TVs are doing that and I don’t think that LG is less capable of doing that by any means. 
    • By hjetschko
      Hi, I have a feature request for the sound out setting. I often connect my Bluetooth headphones to the TV. We don't use the internal speaker of the TV, we use the optical sound out setting whenever I don't use Bluetooth. It would make our lives a lot easier if the TV can remember the last sound out setting before connecting to Bluetooth and default back to this setting when the Bluetooth device gets disconnected. At the moment, each time I disconnect the headphones I have to go back into settings and change the sound out setting from internal speaker to optical again. 
      Thanks and regards
      Hubert
    • By qUArtEx
      Hi to all! 
      I'm really new into this and have a problem. My 2018 LG 55UJ635V-ZF has only webOS 3 (latest; ethernet-automatic download) an i can't use airplay or miracast. The apps i found in the store for mirroring are only pay2use to use this needed feature for me.
      On the LG Homepage i can't find an upgrade for my TV an maybe is my tv really to old for upgrades or am i wrong?
      Maybe someone can help me out or bring some light for me in this.
      I also found the suggestions on this site for the firmware 4.70.70 (for the UJ's), but i can't download....error.
      sorry for my bad english 🙂
      thx for your help, quartex.
    • By philotas
      I followed these steps to prepare my LG TV and it all worked fine:

link hidden, please login to view  
      However I cannot push IPK to tv or just list stuff:

I am getting this error when calling:
      ares-device-info --device tv2 outputs:
      ares-device-info ERR! [syscall failure]: read ENOTCONN Any ideas?

I can ping the TV just fine and getting the key from the TV also worked but connection fail...

I am using macOS 12.16 and the TV is using webOS 4.9...
      I also tried different node versions (v8.17.0 and v17.3.0)
      Any ideas?