Quantcast

Static on all inputs, menus unaffected - 55UF7600-UJ

guitarist

Question

While watching the TV, lines appeared on the screen with some static. This persisted briefly, then the entire picture went to static. This same static is visible on all inputs, from apps to live TV, HDMI, etc. 

Sound is fine, menus are unaffected. 

So far I have tried power cycling, factory reset, disconnecting all cables, and trying different picture settings, to no avail.  I suspect some kind of hardware issue. Any tips gladly appreciated. 

Edit: I have a replacement EBT63990603 mainboard on order, hopefully that solves it. I see some people have attempted to reflow the solder on the processors to fix these, seems like a dice roll. 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By DW1
      Hello,

I recently purchased an LG C2 65" with WebOS and I find that sometimes I want to use multiview picture-in-picture to play a video game from an HDMI input, then watch youtube in a small window. It would be nice if I could also listen to the game audio along with the youtube audio. I am thinking it would be enough to have both audio sources combined and I could adjust the volume from the HDMI device. Ideally, it would have its own mixer to set the volumes of each but that is not needed initially. Also, I wish there were move options for moving the screen around. I really like how Firefox has their picture-in-picture mode where you can move it around the screen so dynamically and change the size by dragging the window. It is nice that it can be moved around the screen, and made smaller. And probably good to have those as default movements but maybe have an option to unlock full moving of the screen.
    • By Alley Cat
      I am currently using this TV only to view internet content.  I am using the built-in wifi and ethernet connections.  But the TV starts up into maximally loud static every time and I haven't found a way around this.  Just about anything else would be better.  It could autodetect and mute the static.  Or it could start into the Apps screen.  Or it could start into my preferred app.  Or it could just start into a blank screen.  Whatever.  Just not loud, loud static.
      I read someone was able to set parental controls to get rid of the cable channels so it didn't start into static but that didn't work for me -- I deleted and locked all static channels but it still starts up into one of them.
      I guess more people have had success giving it an HDMI input and setting that as default -- I can't find the menu item to do that, maybe I need to actually connect an HDMI input? I don't have one readily available.  It seems silly to spend money on an extra streaming box to mostly do things that are built into my $900 TV, because it was designed to blast static on my speakers every time it starts up.
      So -- are there any other possibilities to solve this problem? 
    • By Brendanchatt
      Hello all,

From what I can tell, this may not be supported anymore.  I am on webOS TV Version 7.1.0-68 (mullet-maria).

I just purchased an OLED 42 inch C2.  When I select Multiview, the two hdmi ports are not an available combination.  

I have turned of CEC (now SIMPLINK) for both HDMI inputs as I read in a post from 2018.

Thank you,
      Brendan
    • By Alexandre
      Is there a way we could rename the HDMI INPUTS ? For example, I have a Fire TV attached to my HDMI1 and a Chromecast plugged to my HDMI 3. I wish I could be able to see the device names, instead of just having to guess which gadget is attached to each port. Please help !!!
    • By Void Toast
      Please consider adding a new menu for 2017 OLED's  in HDR Game mode preset called "Static Tone Mapping" to picture options with a selection of 4000 nits (default) or 1000 nits.
      The reason so many complain about dim HDR on 2017 OLED's is down to an overly tone mapped image, game consoles HDR titles are mastered in 1000 nits range, LG's default tone mapping is set to 4000 nits and because the consoles do not send any HDR metadata, LG tone maps 1000 nits content to 4000 nits. We know this is the cause as advanced tools like HD Fury Vertex can trick the TV into thinking it's 1000 nits content and give correct looking HDR (very complex thing to setup far beyond normal users).
      This is entirely fixable by giving us a menu under game mode to force the TV to tone map to 1000 nits instead. If you read around online I'm almost certain this is what the special "Active HDR dynamic contrast = low" under Cinema mode does but this setting is not the same under any other preset.  Maybe the "Active HDR" trick is not possible under game mode but forcing the TV to 1000 nits tone mapping is because the HD Fury Vertex can do it so the TV has the capability.
      The 2018 models do not have this issue as they have "Dynamic Tone Mapping" under picture options so please throw us 2017 owners a bone on this, thanks.
      (Yes game consoles could possible fix this by sending metadata but that's unlikely).