Quantcast

Disable voice "help" when choosing a channel

RogerL

Question

When I use voice recognition to say, e.g., "watch PBS", I get a string of channels across the bottom and a very loud voice telling me that it has found channels. I want that voice to go away. Note that I have disabled Audio Guidance in the Accessibility Settings. This is on a OLED55CXAUA.

Thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rizwan Sumra
      My LG television does not have a CI Module and pay chennals shows scrambled. In some LG televisions, some free to air channels work fine while others pay chennals will display the message "No CI Module". How to watch other LGTV "Scrambled" channels.
    • By Calvinder
      A couple days ago My LG Oled voice recognition stopped working.
      If I speak to it it just says "Voice not recognized"
      I have tried many things I found online to fix this issue with no luck.
      One suggestion was to go to Settings>all settings>general>AI Service>Voice recognition service and change to LG ThinQ.
      But the  Voice recognition service tab is gone. There is only voice recognition settings tab 
      I would rather not have to reset to factory settings unless there is a way to save / export my current seating's
      Any suggestions  

Thanks 

• By Peter Payne
      I have a LG CX 55 2023 TV and like it. I use it for work, and the dimming-after-1-minite feature is super frustrating. So I used the instructions here (
      link hidden, please login to view) to turn off TPC, GSR and scrolling. It worked well and I was happy. But when the TV turns on a few hours, I've got an ugly window saying "Factory Mode: Press INSTOP to go to User Mode. Press Green Key 7 times to go to User Mode (user remote control.)
      I hate this menu, and I hate having the ability to turn off zoom on a TV I'm using for work or youtube. Can anyone help me solve this issue and get rid of the monitor? I have another LG TV purchase on hold while I determine if there's a way to do this to my satisfaction or not. If they really have messed up LG TVs by making no way to turn off the dimming, I will also find a way to return my current TV to Costco despite having used it for six months. 
      When I tried this before, I learned that the INSTOP button will do a complete factory reset. This is NOT what I want, unless I really have no way to turn off the dimming. In which case I will cancel my other LG monitor purchase and make other plans.

• By News Reporter
      LG 1 Extends its Reach to Wider Audience With
      Premium Free Content and Launch of Rerun Channel in Europe

SEOUL, Aug. 14, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is set to expand availability of LG 1, the company’s free ad-supported owned and operated channel, to reach a broader audience across Europe. Following a successful launch in the UK and Germany in May, LG 1 will be available later this year in France, Spain and Italy via LG Channels, the company’s exclusive free streaming service. Thanks to notable content partnerships including Lionsgate, Filmrise, NBCUniversal and Fremantle, LG has curated owned-and-operated channels to deliver a wide range of popular and premium content, demonstrating the company’s commitment to elevating the viewing experience for users in European markets.
      Since its launch in the UK and Germany, LG 1 has rapidly climbed the LG Channels rankings to claim one of the top spots in viewing hours. The channel leads the way with titles such as the exclusive first-window premieres of Paul T. Goldman and Wong & Winchester as well as hit shows Nashville, Boss, Graves, The Royals, Houdini, The Girlfriend Experience, Sliders, Quantum Leap, Twelve Monkeys, New York Undercover, Mutant X, Relic Hunter, Andromeda and Anna Pihl.*
      Following the success of the recent launch, LG is ensuring that LG viewers don’t miss a thing with the launch of the LG 1 time shifted channel, now live in the UK and Germany, enabling viewers to watch the channel one hour after the original broadcast.
      LG is also building on the momentum of LG 1 in the UK and Germany by extending the flagship owned-and-operated channel to other regions in Europe, including France, Spain and Italy. The channel will greatly enhance the quality of viewing in these regions with a broader selection of premium content.
      What’s more, LG Channels has introduced a dedicated Kids & Family tab in the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain, allowing families to easily explore channels specifically tailored to children, including Beano TV, Narrative and Wildbrain.*
      In addition to expanded content in Europe, LG recently launched a curated premium owned-and-operated channel in the US called LG Channels Showcase, which is powered by partnerships with a wide range of film studios such as Amazon MGM Studios, Lionsgate and Sony Pictures Entertainment.
      LG Channels Showcase also boasts original content such as award-winning series LG Presents: The Rivalries, The Taste of Tennessee and the recently announced Estate of Survival, the company’s first reality competition series, which will be available on LG Channels in more than nine countries, including the U.S., Canada, Australia, Korea and markets in Latin America.
      The series now also streams on LG Channels Showcase, with two episodes to be released back-to-back weekly.
      LG is dedicated to elevating the viewing experience for users around the world, expanding investment in partnerships and UI enhancements to deliver a more intuitive and personalized experience that aligns with viewers’ interests.
      # # #
      * Titles vary by market. 

link hidden, please login to view
    • By WD4512
      Did the webos update on 7/28/24-now the TV won’t recognize hdmi port to cable box. Same hdmi cord used as before-not recognizing it. Did the diagnose & said it was a faulty hdmi cable. It doesn’t make sense as it’s the same cable we’ve been using.