Quantcast

Bringing Street Art Indoors with OLED Technology

Jisbar-Collaboration-01-600x407.jpg

In keeping with LG’s philosophy Art Inspires Technology, Technology Completes Art, LG recently took on the challenge of bringing together an artist with advanced OLED TVs so that masterpieces can be experienced exactly as intended thanks to the true-to-life colors and deep blacks of OLED technology. To mark the launch of LG GX Gallery series OLED TV in France, LG teamed up with pop street artist , renowned for his talent for reinterpreting classic masterpieces by the likes of Leonardo Da Vinci, Frida Kahlo, Gustav Klimt and Andy Warhol.

Jisbar-Collaboration-02-478x600.jpg

One of the most creative artists of his generation, Jisbar made history in 2019 by becoming the first artist to combine aspects of art, engineering and physics to send his painting into Earth’s orbit. In fact, his passion for pushing the limits is exactly why he was LG’s partner of choice to create vibrant art for LG’s most advanced OLED TVs.

Jisbar-Collaboration-03-450x600.jpg

This talented young artist created three pieces specifically for the LG OLED Gallery, each one boasting a different theme: Sport, Game, Design. One of Jisbar’s three works will be donated to the Téléthon, the 30-hour French charity event that takes place in early December every year to raise funds for neuromuscular diseases research.

Jisbar-Collaboration-04-600x489.jpg

In addition to his own unique style and technique, Jisbar is keen to honor the artists who have contributed to the art world over the years. Jisbar frequently paints with the pigment, a signature ultramarine patented by French artist Yves Klein in 1957 that is difficult to recreate. As seen in Jisbar’s work, Sport, the color takes on a whole new level of dynamism and depth on LG OLED TV.

Jisbar-Collaboration-05-450x600.jpg

In a demonstration in front of a live audience, Jisbar added finishing touches to Sport, depicting the Greek Titan Atlas carrying the world on his back beside basketball legend Lebron James. Jisbar used a sport-themed color palette of yellow, orange, brown and green to paint an interpretation of Superman to represent athletes’ superhuman athleticism and strength.

Jisbar-Collaboration-06-600x355.jpg

Jisbar’s Game painting brings the realms of gaming and television together through gold coins and LEGO bricks. In this explosion of creativity, the dominant presence is a classic reinterpretation of René Magritte’s , the well-known overcoat, bowler hat and green apple revisited with a twist.

For his final work, Jisbar took its inspiration from The Mona Lisa.

Jisbar-Collaboration-07-600x351.jpg

“I diverted from the original masterpiece with several patchworks for her iconic face to bring a more modern and chicer look,” Jisbar explained. “To match the design and premium aspects of LG GX Gallery series OLED TV, I chose to depict the hands from Michelangelo’s and sketches of iconic chair designs including , to express how design is constantly evolving. And to add my trademark touch to the piece, I used the spray tips I often use in my paintings.”

Jisbar-Collaboration-08-600x348.png

“I’m delighted to have a chance to work with LG with my show-stopping paintings,” added Jisbar.

Contributed by LG France

# # #

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Becoming more sustainable means a commitment to using fewer resources, creating less waste, and doing everything possible to ensure a healthy planet for future generations. LG Electronics embraces this challenge and continues to take steps to reduce its environmental impact through an extensive program of ESG management. Along with its ambitious Zero Carbon 2030 initiative and goal to transition completely to renewable energy by 2050, LG offers innovative solutions that can help consumers to live more in balance with nature today.

LG recently had an opportunity to demonstrate its eco-conscious exhibit for its state-of-the art HVAC solutions at Korea Energy Show 2021, South Korea’s largest annual energy exhibition. Instead of wasting new resources on a temporary exhibit, LG used prefabricated shipping containers and adopted recycled materials such as wood waste to create a unique, visually interesting space.

Exhibiting a complete range of highly efficient LG HVAC solutions suitable for homes, offices, schools as well as other indoor environments, the highlight of the exhibit was a new commercial air conditioner made more efficient via an AI engine.

LG’s latest HVAC solutions leverage smart technologies to help create better indoor air quality while simultaneously cutting energy consumption. LG’s ceiling-mounted 1 Way Cassette with comprehensive air purification system cleans, cools and heats the air to keep the home comfortable all year around.

Other LG innovations on exhibit at the show included the LG Energy Storage System (ESS) and Building Energy Control (BECON), a powerful duo that together create a total energy management solution for businesses. Also on display was the LG 4-Way DUAL Vane Cassette which employs UVnano technology and an antibacterial drain pan to enhance the hygiene of the unit and the airflow produced.1
      LG showcased its first GHP Hybrid Heat Pump system air conditioner, a cost-effective option for educational and governmental facilities. LG’s hybrid solution combines the advantages of electric- and gas-powered climate control systems to deliver superb performance while reducing the cost of cooling and heating.2

To further minimizing its footprint, LG moved to using recycled materials for the packaging of the outdoor units of its system air conditioners. Instead of using expanded polystyrene in its packaging, LG opted for expanded polypropylene as it offers improved cushioning and protection for its products. LG estimates that switching to reusable expanded polypropylene for all its AC packaging will cut its annual paper usage by 85 tons and polystyrene usage by 19 tons.

After the conclusion of Korea Energy Show 2021, LG donated the exhibition containers to Habitat Korea, the South Korean branch of the global nonprofit Habitat for Humanity. The repurposed containers will be utilized by the organization as a dedicated education center.
      As LG’s efficient, eco-responsible HVAC solutions demonstrate, creating a healthy, comfortable indoor environment doesn’t have to come at the expense of sustainability. With innovations that carefully consider the needs of its customers and the well-being of the planet, LG is helping to bring about a
      # # #
      1 Testing conducted by FITI Testing and Research Institute verified the LG DUAL Vane Cassette resulted in the reduction of 99 percent of Staphylococcus bacteria and colon bacillus.
      2 Based on cooling/heating load of 52HP (GHP 32HP and Multi V 20HP) and the proper energy source (electricity or gas), the LG GHP Hybrid Heat Pump can save up to 28 percent of the energy cost (electricity and gas combined) compared to the energy cost of using Multi V alone. Operation cost may vary depending on load conditions, climate and other environmental factors.

• By RobLGSucks
      Hi,
      I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago.  I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available.   Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
      In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase.  So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting. 

@ LG :  if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs.  webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them.  Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
      Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.
      Rob
    • By News Reporter
      Leading the TV Gaming Experience With First Smart TV GeForce NOW App

SEOUL, Nov. 18, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announced partnership with NVIDIA to be the first TV manufacturer to develop a Smart TV app of GeForce NOW, the premier cloud game-streaming service, for LG TVs running webOS.1 Boasting large screen sizes, lifelike picture quality and high refresh rates, LG’s OLED TVs are a perfect match for GeForce NOW. Currently available on NVIDIA SHIELD, Windows PC, macOS, Chrome OS, Android and Safari browser for iPhone and iPad. GeForce NOW allows gamers to start playing on their LG TVs and continue on nearly any device they own.
      The app will be available in beta starting this week in the LG Content Store on select 2021 LG 4K OLED, QNED Mini LED and NanoCell TV models in 80 markets.2 The app will enable LG TV owners with compatible TVs to instantly enjoy over 35 free-to-play games with just a compatible controller, no additional hardware required.
      Games include Rocket League and Destiny 2 plus hit titles such as Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy and Crysis Remastered Trilogy, all playable at up to 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second. GeForce NOW Priority members get access to the most advanced platform for ray tracing and AI technologies, streaming from NVIDIA RTX-powered servers in data centers worldwide for the most responsive gameplay and gorgeous, high-quality graphics.
      The powerful combination of GeForce NOW and LG OLED TV will mean immersive gaming at its finest. LG OLED’s self-lit pixels ensure the most vibrant colors and deepest blacks to make in-game environments and characters more realistic than ever. LG TVs also deliver ultra-fast 1 millisecond response time and super-low input lag for smoother visuals, better control and a key advantage over the competition.
      “LG customers are expecting the best when it comes to gaming on a large screen,” said Lee Sang-woo, senior vice president of corporate business strategy at LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company. “Partnering with NVIDIA to bring GeForce NOW to LG TV owners is a sign of our commitment to deliver the best gaming experience on LG TVs running webOS.”
      # # #
      1  Complete list of compatible TV models to be announced at a later date.
      2  NVIDIA GeForce NOW beta is fully functional with no restrictions in features or services.

• By Zoran Nedovic
      There is no TIDAL in the offer of applications on my LG 55 OLED B8 (software 05.40.09)!
      Does anyone know why?
      Thanks!

• By News Reporter
      Upcoming Holiday Collaboration With Legend Hits All the Right Notes,
      Illustrates Timeless Value of LG SIGNATURE Products

SEOUL, Nov. 12, 2021 — LG SIGNATURE, the premium brand of LG Electronics, today announced award-winning artist John Legend as its newest Brand Ambassador. Legend will collaborate with LG SIGNATURE on an upcoming holiday campaign, Legendary Gift: the SIGNATURE, featuring a collaboration between LG’s premium brand and Legend’s wine label, LVE: Legend Vineyard Exclusive. As one of the most celebrated and cherished artists of his generation, Legend stands out as the first African-American male and one of only 16 individuals to achieve EGOT (Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony) status.
      To celebrate the partnership, a new holiday song by John Legend titled “You Deserve It All” is being released today and is available on 11 streaming platforms such as YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music and Pandora, among others.* The song, produced by Grammy Award-winner Raphael Saadiq, was co-written by Legend and Diamond-selling singer/songwriter Meghan Trainor exclusively for LG SIGNATURE. Drew Kirsch – who helmed videos for Taylor Swift and Shakira – is directing the music video which will be released later this holiday season.
      Legend will extend his ambassadorship into the next year via a unique collaboration between his LVE wine label and LG SIGNATURE. An event in Napa Valley hosted by Legend in Spring 2022 will showcase LG SIGNATURE Wine Cellar with its proprietary technology to maintain precise temperature and humidity control so fans can enjoy the optimal flavor and taste of Legend’s wines at home.
      “I’m excited to partner with LG SIGNATURE this holiday season,” Legend said. “This new song is all about lavishing your loved ones with the best you have to give. LG SIGNATURE’s products are innovative, creative and so special. The holidays are all about coming together to host family and friends in the comfort of your own home, and LG SIGNATURE products will make that even more enjoyable.”
      Lee Jeong-seok, head of LG Electronics’ Global Marketing Center, said LG Electronics will communicate the aesthetic and technical value of its high-end home appliance products to support LG SIGNATURE’s philosophy that Art Inspires Technology, Technology Completes Art. “Legend is the perfect embodiment of the LG SIGNATURE brand philosophy,” Lee said. “We couldn’t be more thrilled to partner with such a great artist to help communicate the timeless value of LG SIGNATURE to even more consumers worldwide.”
      LG SIGNATURE is committed to partnering with exceptional individuals from diverse spectrums of life to communicate its brand philosophy and showcase the unmatched style and quality of its premium home solutions. Among its global ambassadors are international style icon Olivia Palermo, top professional female golfers Ko Jin-young and Park Sung-hyun and acclaimed ballerina and principal dancer for the American Ballet Theatre, Misty Copeland.
      # # #
      *  Also available on Korean streaming services Melon, Genie, Flo, Naver Vibe, Bugs! and Soribada.