Quantcast

Bringing Street Art Indoors with OLED Technology

News Reporter

Jisbar-Collaboration-01-600x407.jpg

In keeping with LG’s philosophy Art Inspires Technology, Technology Completes Art, LG recently took on the challenge of bringing together an artist with advanced OLED TVs so that masterpieces can be experienced exactly as intended thanks to the true-to-life colors and deep blacks of OLED technology. To mark the launch of LG GX Gallery series OLED TV in France, LG teamed up with pop street artist

link hidden, please login to view
, renowned for his talent for reinterpreting classic masterpieces by the likes of Leonardo Da Vinci, Frida Kahlo, Gustav Klimt and Andy Warhol.

Jisbar-Collaboration-02-478x600.jpg

One of the most creative artists of his generation, Jisbar made history in 2019 by becoming the first artist to combine aspects of art, engineering and physics to send his painting into Earth’s orbit. In fact, his passion for pushing the limits is exactly why he was LG’s partner of choice to create vibrant art for LG’s most advanced OLED TVs.

Jisbar-Collaboration-03-450x600.jpg

This talented young artist created three pieces specifically for the LG OLED Gallery, each one boasting a different theme: Sport, Game, Design. One of Jisbar’s three works will be donated to the Téléthon, the 30-hour French charity event that takes place in early December every year to raise funds for neuromuscular diseases research.

Jisbar-Collaboration-04-600x489.jpg

In addition to his own unique style and technique, Jisbar is keen to honor the artists who have contributed to the art world over the years. Jisbar frequently paints with the pigment, a signature ultramarine patented by French artist Yves Klein in 1957 that is difficult to recreate. As seen in Jisbar’s work, Sport, the color takes on a whole new level of dynamism and depth on LG OLED TV.

Jisbar-Collaboration-05-450x600.jpg

In a demonstration in front of a live audience, Jisbar added finishing touches to Sport, depicting the Greek Titan Atlas carrying the world on his back beside basketball legend Lebron James. Jisbar used a sport-themed color palette of yellow, orange, brown and green to paint an interpretation of Superman to represent athletes’ superhuman athleticism and strength.

Jisbar-Collaboration-06-600x355.jpg

Jisbar’s Game painting brings the realms of gaming and television together through gold coins and LEGO bricks. In this explosion of creativity, the dominant presence is a classic reinterpretation of René Magritte’s , the well-known overcoat, bowler hat and green apple revisited with a twist.

For his final work, Jisbar took its inspiration from The Mona Lisa.

Jisbar-Collaboration-07-600x351.jpg

“I diverted from the original masterpiece with several patchworks for her iconic face to bring a more modern and chicer look,” Jisbar explained. “To match the design and premium aspects of LG GX Gallery series OLED TV, I chose to depict the hands from Michelangelo’s and sketches of iconic chair designs including , to express how design is constantly evolving. And to add my trademark touch to the piece, I used the spray tips I often use in my paintings.”

Jisbar-Collaboration-08-600x348.png

“I’m delighted to have a chance to work with LG with my show-stopping paintings,” added Jisbar.

Contributed by LG France

# # #

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By GiotisCy
      Hello, 
      I have recently purchased an LG C2 Oled TV which I connected with my Samsung HW-Q800B 5.1 soundbar via eArc HDMI. When I select "Passthrough" as a Digital Sound Output on LG TV sound advanced settings, there is an obvious sound response delay around 3 seconds when I pause and unpause the movie on Netflix or Prime video streaming apps on LG TV. For example, when I start the movie, the video starts and sound starts 2-3 secs later. When I pause the movie, the sound continues for 2-3 secs after the video has been stopped. There is no any lip sync issue, just this response delay of the sound from the soundbar. This happens only on LG TV Apps. If I connect to an external HDMI device such as AMAZON Fire Stick 4K, there is no such sound delay issue neither on Netflix neither on Prime Video. 
      Thus, the problem seems to be on LG TV apps.
      If I change the Digital Sound Output to "Auto" instead of "Passthrough" the issue is gone but sound quality is not as good as with Passthrough selected. So I do not want this to be my option.
      I would appreciate if someone could come with a solution on this. 

• By Libbo2003
      Hi just got a new QNED LG to replace 2021 Nano tv
      the problem is I can’t move my HD channels down to  channels 1 to5.
      the program manager does not have the function to move channels like my old Nano tv which is only a year older.
      is there anyway I can get around this strange function?
    • By News Reporter
      Last week, the CES floor was packed to capacity with thousands of visitors excited to see the latest innovations in consumer electronics.

As LG is constantly challenging itself to go the extra mile to make its vision for a Better Life for All as reality, under the theme of Life’s Good, it was able to introduce its newest customer-centered technologies and products at its CES booth for every single visitor, regardless of inherited abilities, to experience and enjoy.

Staying true to the company’s commitment and vision to boost accessibility for all, the company has actively started incorporating measures to increase accessibility this year. This commitment was on full display during LG’s press conference, which was streamed live on January 4, with a sign language interpreter displayed in the bottom right corner to allow its hearing-impaired viewers to follow along at home or wherever they may have been.

Edward Tory Jarmailo, a sign language interpreter
      Not only that, LG’s accessibility efforts stood out above and beyond at the on-site booth as well, with the company inviting Edward Tory Jarmailo, a sign language interpreter, on site to provide ASL interpretation for attendees with hearing problems in person.

Moreover, in the Better Life for All zone, informational materials were provided in braille for those with visual impairments and placed at a height that enables easy reading for people using wheelchairs.

Visitors with visual and hearing impairments weren’t shy about expressing their appreciation for the various accessibility features LG provided at its expansive booth. “It was amazing to see so many positive reactions during my time working in LG’s CES booth. I remember one visitor coming to our booth for a second time, but this time with a friend,” said Mr. Jarmailo. “I’m always delighted to play my part in promoting a new level of accessibility with LG, a brand that puts equal importance on every individual’s experience at large trade shows like CES, and we can see these efforts reflected in their products and services too.”

LG CLOi GuideBot, which is programmed to deliver digital-human sign language service
      The company successfully demonstrated how warmth and positivity can be spread through the power of technology, as it continues to put a smile on the faces of customers of all abilities. And there’s a lot more to come, so stay tuned to
      link hidden, please login to view to follow LG’s journey to creating a Better Life for All.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
    • By News Reporter
      Company’s Latest TVs Geared up With Luna, GeForce NOW at 4K for More
      Compelling, All-Around Cloud Gaming Experiences, Plus 2020 Models Now Streaming

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is demonstrating its strong commitment to delivering a premium TV gaming experience that offers enhanced convenience through the new webOS UI featuring a dedicated gaming hub, the addition of cloud gaming service Amazon Luna and buttery-smooth gameplay at 4K 60 FPS streaming via NVIDIA GeForce NOW on its latest TVs at CES 2023.
      Popular cloud gaming services, which can now be conveniently accessed from LG Game Card on webOS 2023, including simply via voice command*, offer avid and casual gamers alike numerous gaming titles from leading partners such as NVIDIA, Blacknut, Utomik and now Luna and Boosteroid, with no downloads or additional hardware needed. LG’s award-winning OLED TVs supply players with the smoothest gameplay courtesy of superior image quality, an ultra-fast 0.1 millisecond response time and super-low input lag, as well as a more personalized gaming experience through various customization features including Game Optimizer and genre-specific picture settings.
      Already available in FHD on 2021 and 2022 LG TVs running webOS 6.0 or above, GeForce NOW is now streaming on 2020 models, and will start streaming in 4K on select models later this year, LG TV owners being among the first to stream impressively smooth, highly immersive 4K gameplay at 60 FPS, on the big screen with just a compatible controller.
      GeForce NOW is NVIDIA’s open cloud gaming service that taps into the thriving PC gaming ecosystem by streaming with world-class NVIDIA GeForce RTX performance. Gamers can play their favorite PC titles already purchased from popular digital stores – including many of the most-played free-to-play games like Fortnite, Apex Legends and Destiny 2 – with and against millions of other PC players. GeForce Now Ultimate members will enjoy streaming at up to 4K resolution at 60 FPS on supported LG TVs, with ultra-low latency that rivals many local gaming experiences.
      Accessible from LG’s Game Card in the US, Amazon Luna is joining other cloud gaming services on the webOS Home Screen of LG’s latest TVs. A Luna subscription offers access to games for everyone, from AAA titles, retro-side scrollers, family games and more, and titles including Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Everspace and Team Sonic Racing, while the Prime Gaming channel gives Amazon Prime subscribers access to various exclusive and free-to-play titles each month.
      LG’s perfect-for-gaming OLED TVs will be on show at CES 2023 from January 5-8 in the company’s booth (#15501, Las Vegas Convention Center). To keep up with every LG CES announcement, follow #LGCES2023 on social media.
      # # #
      * Voice command functionality varies by content provider and will be available by mid-year.