Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: App Review: Workout by SpeedyMarks

App Review: Workout by SpeedyMarks

Interval training is defined as physical training that alternates between high-intensity work and periods of low-intensity work. For maximum effect the high-intensity workout is supposed to be near maximum exertion, while the low-intensity recovery period should be much toned down, even to the the point of complete rest. An example of interval training would alternating between sprinting for a full minute and light jogging for a minute. The idea behind interval training is to boost cardiovascular strength and aerobic capacity, making for stronger, faster, longer-lasting athletes.

You may not count yourself among the ranks of "athelete", but interval training can be of use to you as well. Thanks to SpeedyMarks' $0.99 Workout, you too can try out interval training. Workout is about as basic as an interval training app can be, and it doesn't need to be much more than what it is. Upon launch you're presented with three fields, a feedback selection, and a start button in a purple box. The fields let you set your work and relax period length (in seconds) as well as how many times you want the cycle to repeat. Feedback can sound a chime at each interval or be silent.

Hit the start button and the purple turns a pulsating red, ordering you to work. Your position in the current cycle is listed at the top of the red with a period countdown time below. A trio of Skip/Pause/Stop buttons at the bottom let you slow things down or speed them up, depending on how the workout's going. Once your work period is up, the block turns red and advises you to relax. Each switch between Work and Relax is accompanied by a high-pitched chime sure to cut through your labored breathing.

Workout is somewhat ambiguously named, being that it's an interval trainer and nothing more. But it does what it's supposed to do, and it does it with minimal fuss. Workout by SpeedyMarks is available now in the webOS App Catalog for $0.99 for all devices.

mf.gif
emailthis2.gif bookmark.gif

a2.imga2t.imgjiuwecXdjjc

View the full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: Surround Sound Won't Work!

I have an LG tv running webos 04.70.45 and I try to connect it to my home theatre system, which is set up for surround sound, but it's only giving dual channel audio rather than 5.1 surround sound. And when i check in settings the option for surrund sound is greyed out, as if it's not possible, has anyone else ecxperienced this issue?

By Rupayan Ghosh, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: "Read on device" don't work properly

Hi everyone, It seems that the Window command "Read on device" don't work properly with My LG UH661V. The problem: Once the video start, it will just stop and get back to main menu after a minute or so. If I try to change the video timeline, it stops immediately. But it seems to only happen if the file content isn't longer than ~30 minutes. Minor issues: With AVI files and MKV files, the timeline just don't work. Trying to change the time just result in an error message on the TV. Other points: The WebOS is up to date. Windows OS is Windows 10, up to date too. Tried to read on Xbox One and a Samsung TV, and it works just fine. Only happen with LG TV. Any thoughts on this? Thanks !

By emmanuelbeziat, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer

• 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: apps doesn't work plss help

guys help me may lg smart tv 43uf7700  apps doesn't work it said  'a secure connection(ssl) cannot be made this may occur when the time set on your tv is different from the current time.....  but i already set the time and date.. what should i do plss help!!!

By Roberto Jr Lopez Tiomico, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 1 answer
    • Question: Does YouTube TV app work on LG WebOs TV?

Does YouTube TV app work on LG WebOs TV? It doesn't appear to be listed as an app that can be installed. If not, can it be downloaded?   Thanks. Tom

By TomP, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Has best answer
      • 1 vote
      • 11 answers
    • Question: "Mobile TV On" doesn't work

Any idea how to make this work? I have paired various apps including the LG Tv Plus app and I have also got "Mobile TV On" set to on. TV is connected via WiFi and also ethernet cable. However when I turn off the TV via any of the apps the tv then also disappears from the network thus I cannot access it to turn it on. I have tried to use Mobile TV On with just Wifi turned on or with just Ethernet Cable turned on as well as both but no luck either way. Any ideas what Im doing wrong here? Many thanks. My TV is on software 04.70.20 and its model number is 55UJ634V-ZD. Many thanks.

By Cestmoi, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 1 answer