Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Sign in to follow this  
NewsDummy

PreCentral: App Review: Workout by SpeedyMarks

App Review: Workout by SpeedyMarks

Interval training is defined as physical training that alternates between high-intensity work and periods of low-intensity work. For maximum effect the high-intensity workout is supposed to be near maximum exertion, while the low-intensity recovery period should be much toned down, even to the the point of complete rest. An example of interval training would alternating between sprinting for a full minute and light jogging for a minute. The idea behind interval training is to boost cardiovascular strength and aerobic capacity, making for stronger, faster, longer-lasting athletes.

You may not count yourself among the ranks of "athelete", but interval training can

link hidden, please login to view
. Thanks to SpeedyMarks' $0.99
, you too can try out interval training. Workout is about as basic as an interval training app can be, and it doesn't need to be much more than what it is. Upon launch you're presented with three fields, a feedback selection, and a start button in a purple box. The fields let you set your work and relax period length (in seconds) as well as how many times you want the cycle to repeat. Feedback can sound a chime at each interval or be silent.

Hit the start button and the purple turns a pulsating red, ordering you to work. Your position in the current cycle is listed at the top of the red with a period countdown time below. A trio of Skip/Pause/Stop buttons at the bottom let you slow things down or speed them up, depending on how the workout's going. Once your work period is up, the block turns red and advises you to relax. Each switch between Work and Relax is accompanied by a high-pitched chime sure to cut through your labored breathing.

Workout is somewhat ambiguously named, being that it's an interval trainer and nothing more. But it does what it's supposed to do, and it does it with minimal fuss.

for $0.99 for all devices.

mf.gif

a2t.imgjiuwecXdjjc

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this