Quantcast

parental controls/filters for webos 6.0

Daniel Ji

Question

Hi, I noticed it's quite easy for my kids to see "disturbing" images in the web OS 6.0 home page.  Especially, in the "trending now" or "recommended" section above the apps (see attached pic).  Is there a way to disable that section or at least make it kid friendly?

On a similar note, is there a "kids mode" for web OS 6.0 where only preapproved apps/content can be viewed?

Any other tips on parental controls? 

Thanks.

home.png

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Posted Images

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      To Give Corporate Customers the Level of Protection they Demand, Company is
      Applying Reliable Anti-Eavesdropping System to Latest Digital Signage Solutions

SEOUL, Aug. 11, 2022 — LG Electronics (LG) is introducing an innovative eavesdropping detection solution for its commercial signage products. Going forward, the cutting-edge security system will be applied to the company’s flagship models, including LG LED All-in-One, LG LED Bloc and LG MAGNIT, as well as select video walls and UHD signage products supporting webOS 4.1.
      As demand for commercial signage products expands across multiple industries, so does the need for related technologies that serve the needs of companies operating in different sectors. Although counter-surveillance is important in every sector, some entities such as corporates, government agencies, national institutions and the military prioritize confidentiality and the protection of personal information. LG, in partnership with high-tech security technology provider
      link hidden, please login to view, has addressed this growing need by installing a dedicated app that runs with GITSN’s eavesdropping detection terminal in LG’s smart signage platform, webOS. The new eavesdropping detection function displays a warning icon on screen in real time as soon as it detects any abnormal signal. The system utilizes simple icons to keep attendees updated on just how secure they are at all times. Moreover, LG’s webOS-based detection function, which can cover multiple conference/control rooms at once, analyzes every inch of a potential risk fast and accurately to alert those in charge immediately.
      “LG’s newest solution detects various potential, unexpected risks and reports it immediately, while also bringing the company’s security management up to date,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “LG will continue to introduce the high-definition display solutions that not only express the most vivid colors and clear images to date, but also let consumers feel safe while they use them.”
      The latest signage solution will be available in the third quarter of 2022, starting with key markets in Middle East and Asia, with other markets to follow.
      # # #

• By Sergi
      Hi!
      i just purchased this new projector and I see many mainstream apps are missing from the store, even though I saw other WebOS devices with them.
      I dont’t see Amazon Prime, Disney+ or HBO max…
      Does anybody know how to get them, if it’s even possible??
      Thank you in advance!
    • By ct3fq
      Hi List,
      Is it possible to run a script on power on TV? i.e.  We want that TV  stays in a site browser on power on.
      Any help would be appreciated
    • By João Inácio
      After a software update earlier this year (2022), the LG OLED55C1 TV web browser no longer correctly measures my internet speed. Before average normally. However, I believe the TV uses my Internet speed to the full because I can watch 4KHDR Streaming without any problem (Netflix, Prime Video). It's just the measurement in the web browser that shows grossly wrong results - My Internet contracted is 500Mbps and my TV's web browser measures 25Mbps (speedtest.net). The browser only measures the download speed wrong, the upload speed it measures right, as well as latency and ping.
      Several times I tried to report this problem to the local LG (Brazil), but they do not recognize the software error and only respond with irrelevant and useless information. There are several reports of this problem posted on the Internet, and even then, LG ignores the problem.
      Does anyone know how to contact the software development team at LG? I think they stay in Korea.
    • By GiovanniG
      Hi! Thank you for your kind help
      I'm looking for a way to show an IP camera to LG TV, I've updated it to the latest version (WebOS).
      I really hope it is possible without buying an external HDMI box, there is any way to obtain that or install apps from USB? Thank you a lot!