Quantcast

LG ADAS Camera Module Boosts Driver and Passenger Safety in New Mercedes-Benz C-Class

News Reporter

State-of-the-Art Driving Assistance System Leverages
AI and Deep Learning to Help Respond Faster, Smarter   

LG-ADAS-01-600x367.jpg

SEOUL, Oct. 6, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announced that its innovative Advanced Driving Assistance System (ADAS) camera module is available in the new 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class now rolling out in markets around the world. LG’s ADAS leverages the latest in automotive technology and works in tandem with Mercedes-Benz AG’s precise engineering to keep the driver and passengers of the new C-Class safer.

LG’s sophisticated ADAS supports a variety of essential safety-oriented functions including Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Lane Keeping Assist (LKA), Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR), Intelligent Head-Light Control (IHC) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) to not only ensure the safety of the vehicle’s occupants but other motorists and pedestrians as well. A number of features supported by LG’s ADAS system such as AEB and LDW will be mandatory for new vehicles in many countries by 2022.

The LG-designed ADAS system reflects the company’s many years of leadership in mobile communications, image recognition and connectivity. Advanced AI and deep learning, both key to LG’s business strategy, enable the camera to collect and process various traffic information to help drivers respond to road and traffic conditions in real-time. The system accurately recognizes surrounding environments, constantly analyzing the vehicle’s position relative to both moving and stationary objects and automatically applies the brakes if a collision is imminent. Data from the camera also enables the system to alert drivers if they inadvertently stray into the next lane or get too close to the vehicle in front.

LG’s fast-growing Vehicle component Solutions (VS) Company counts a number of global auto brands including Mercedes-Benz, Ford and Cadillac as

link hidden, please login to view
. Its joint venture LG Magna e-Powertrain manufactures e-motors, inverters, on-board chargers and e-drive systems for the EV market. The VS Company has been recognized by TÜV Rheinland, a global testing and certification organization, for product safety, with the ADAS front camera module receiving Functional Safety Product and Functional Safety Process certifications.

“LG has been collaborating with Mercedes-Benz AG/Daimler AG for nearly a decade in preparation of the future of mobility and autonomous vehicles,” said Kim Jin-yong, president of LG Electronics’ Vehicle components Solutions Company. “It’s our partnerships with auto industry leaders which enable us to bring our innovations to the vehicle space and help make the world’s roads safer for everyone.”

# # #

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      (Photo credit: Paweł Bastrzyk, ESL FACEIT Group)
      Every gamer, casual and professional alike, will admit that victory or defeat is decided by a second, and sometimes even less. The best opportunity to demonstrate the power of the new LG UltraGear OLED gaming monitor (model 27GS95QE) was at the annual gaming celebration – IEM Expo, held in conjunction with Intel® Extreme Masters Katowice 2024 in Poland.
      LG UltraGear gaming monitors have long been recognized for their gaming features. LG collaborates with Gen.G Esports, one of the biggest esports organizations in the world, and LG UltraGear gaming monitor is also an official display of the League of Legends EMEA Championship (LEC) 2023.
      (Photo credit: Helena Kristiansson, ESL FACEIT Group)
      Held annually since 2013, Intel Extreme Masters in Katowice is an opportunity for Counter-Strike and Starcraft® II fans to meet. This year, the prize pool for the top teams of the final was USD 1,500,000 for both tournaments. Team Spirit’s dominant victory was driven by one of the best professional tier 1 Counter-Strike debuts of all time following an incredible performance from Team Spirit’s 17-year-old prodigy Danil “donk” Kryshkovets.
      The fastest-selling IEM Katowice tournament in history, the event saw a peak viewership of over 972,000 for Counter-Strike 2 and more than 77,000 for StarCraft II, according to escharts.com. The sold-out Spodek Arena and MCK Auditorium welcomed over 65,000 fans across four days of live StarCraft II competition, and three days of Counter-Strike action, complemented by IEM Expo.
      With its involvement in the Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2024, LG Electronics Poland has shown its commitment to providing gamers with the highest quality gaming monitors and allowing them to check the quality of the monitors with their own eyes.
      Visitors to the booth, which featured 16 LG UltraGear OLED gaming monitors, could see for themselves such a difference the use of self-luminous pixel technology makes.
      The LG UltraGear OLED gaming monitor (model 27GS95QE) has a 26.5-inch OLED display with high refresh rates (240Hz), fast response times and outstanding picture quality with Quad-HD (2,560 x 1,440) resolution. Already traditional for the LG UltraGear series, the monitor supports the AMD FreeSync Premium Pro and NVIDIA G-SYNC standards for a smooth gaming experience. Fans of adventure or sports games will appreciate the HDR support, guaranteeing a display with a wide tonal range that are VESA DisplayHDR True Black 400 certified. In addition, the monitor screen is bezel-free, allowing users to see every detail and enjoy full immersion.
      And, with Anti-Glare & Low Reflection coating, LG UltraGear OLED gaming monitor ensures users won’t be distracted by glares on the display, even in areas illuminated by vivid lights.

LG UltraGear OLED gaming monitors offer features and capabilities that take the entire gaming experience to the next level. LG will continue to enhance the strong reputation of the UltraGear brand by engaging with special gaming and e-sports projects and creating innovative products that put the needs of gamers first.
      Contributed by LG Poland
      # # #

• By Alex222222222
      Hello,
      I purchased an IP surveillance camera and I don't know how to connect it to LG TV. I have already wasted several days looking for applications and ways to connect but in vain, only now do I realize how "poor" the application portfolio of this TV is. Pretty sad. Anyway, I'm looking for an application with which I can watch my surveillance camera live. The camera is from TP-link and supports RTSP/Onvif Protocols.
    • By Bob17821
      The Wi-Fi module in my LG TV, roughly 5 or six years old, (WebOS UJ6300) is apparently broken.  I am looking for a solution cheaper and maybe more interesting than having the TV repaired.  There are devices which will pick up Wi-Fi, convert it to ethernet, and deliver it to the male  part of an ethernet port.  In the past I have used such a device to provide Wi-Fi support to a desktop computer which did not have Wi-Fi support but did have an ethernet port.  I forget the particulars, but it did work just fine. But a smart TV with Web 0S is not a desktop or laptop computer.  My concern is how to provide the SSID and password to the device.  My vague recollection is that such a device in a laptop or desktop computer can trigger a dialogue which requests the SSID and password.  But will web OS provide such a dialogue?  If I recall correctly, wired ethernet connections do not require SSIDs or passwords.

Thanks,  Bob
    • By Jersey Jim
      I am searching for a wireless outdoor camera to display on my LG TV for my wife to keep an eye on the grandkids in the yard while she's working form home. Does the camera need to support the ThinQ App on the TV? I want to use one camera but don't know what to buy. I have a wireless wifi router in the house, if that helps.
    • By News Reporter
      Recent Seoul Smart ITS 2.0 Deployment Project and 5GAA Demonstration
      Showcase Company’s Solution to Protect Vulnerable Road Users and Drivers

SEOUL, June 12, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is accelerating the advancement of traffic safety solutions that utilize vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communications. V2X enables vehicles to communicate with one another and surrounding infrastructure and will play a major role in the upcoming era of autonomous driving.
      In conjunction with the Seoul Metropolitan Government, LG recently completed the deployment of an advanced accident prevention system and verified its service effectiveness and usefulness in school zone areas in Seoul, Korea through the ‘Seoul Smart ITS 2.0 Deployment Project.’ The project featured the deployment of the company’s in-house-developed 5G Network-based V2X system, ‘Soft V2X.’
      Soft V2X is a cloud-based service that collects and analyzes a range of data, including location, direction and speed of pedestrians and vehicles. This data is then used to inform drivers and vulnerable road users of potential traffic safety risks in real time. The solution can also communicate nearby road conditions and traffic signals by linking with smart Roadside Unit (RSU) equipped with an AI camera. Easy to use, the Soft V2X app can be installed via smartphone application* and easily be integrated into various connected mobility devices such as e-bikes, e-scooters, motorbikes as well as in-vehicle infotainment or telematics systems.
      The recent demonstration was conducted in school zone areas encompassing two elementary schools and a kindergarten in Gangseo-gu – a suburb in western Seoul – and involved a total of 6,700 participants. Over a six-month period, Soft V2X sent over 40,000 traffic hazard notifications to pedestrians and vehicles, with 74.8 percent of pedestrians and 68.4 percent of drivers and vulnerable road users taking proper actions to avoid potential accidents, such as reducing their velocity or changing moving direction.
      The project provided confirmation that Soft V2X, in conjunction with Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) infrastructure, can reliably deliver a variety of traffic safety information and services. LG’s solution also proved effective at raising users’ awareness of traffic safety, helping to minimize potential collision accident risks and encouraging people to exercise appropriate caution in real traffic environments.
      With the 26th 5G Automotive Association (5GAA) Meeting held in Seoul on May 11, LG took the opportunity to invite 70 global automakers and industry experts to participate in the demonstration and experience Soft V2X for themselves. Those who joined in had high praise for LG’s solution, noting the effectiveness of its real-time notifications in positively modifying behavior to keep people safe.
      Going forward, LG will further enhance the usability of Soft V2X and refine the services it provides based on feedback from the project’s participants. During a trial event at the upcoming 5GAA meeting in Detroit, USA, this October, the company will introduce a more advanced Soft V2X solution that can offer services tailored to the specific needs and demands of different markets.
      The company expects there will be a strong interest in Soft V2X given the recent surge of interest in pedestrian safety, government-led discussions on the establishment of next-generation Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS) and other vertical industries.
      “We will secure technology leadership in cloud-based connected mobility platform for vehicle and pedestrian safety through continuous research and development,” said Je Yeong-ho, head of C&M Standard Lab. at LG Electronics.
      # # # 
      * Can be downloaded via App Store or Google Play Store.