Quantcast

Channel 5, small box on top right side of screen

Bob22

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Channel 5 shows this when it is running on disaster recovery. You may have heard that there was a fire at the company that does playout for many UK channels. Channel 4 has had it worst and has fallen off air several times, and it's music channels (Box etc) are simulcasting a sustaining service. Channel 5 isn't as badly hit, but it is still on backup and that's what the square tells us.

As for what's happened, depending on what rumour you believe, either the sprinklers fried a server or three, or the fire systems created a vacuum to put out the fire and that created an electromagnetic pulse which fried a bunch of equipment. Either way, there's no end it sight yet and Red Bee (the playout company) aren't giving any dates for a fix.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JoJoRabbit
      I don't understand how a 2021 so-called smart TV that costs +1000$ can have such bad subtitles system for the media player.
      1) The subtitles delay can only go in – time. No +. So if the subtitles are too early, you cannot improve it. This seriously makes zero sense. Also, it should be possible to control by 50ms or at least 100ms instead of only half seconds.
      2) The font is terribly bad. Not super legible, with inconsistent spacing (the space between letters is sometimes big, sometimes small), and a pretty bad design overall. Samsung allowed to select various fonts.
      3) The smallest size possible is still relatively big. Why not give more control options? Maybe selecting the exact size by increments of 2 points instead of 6-7 options.
      4)  It should be possible to decide if subtitles have an outline or not, or shadow, just overall more control depending on personal taste and the film one watches. Just color is simply amateurish for this price.
      My older and cheaper samsung was so much better on that front. Seriously LG, please improve this in a firmware upgrade. This is not okay for the price of your televisions, it really ruins my film experience.
    • By LGTV55
      Can I get this player that is on my LG TV for my PC?
    • By Dpd12463
      So weird; we have apple plus tv on our OLED 65C7P-U.  Can watch shows/movies etc but cannot access or even see advertising for the Friday Night baseball they just added. No updates available, talked to both LG and Apple.  Any help or thoughts are appreciated. 
    • By Matt79
      I've just updated my LG 55UM75 TV to the latest software version - 05..20.15 - and now the picture looks off.
      I've turned off TruMotion, Motion Eye Care, Smooth Gradation, Noise Reduction and Smooth Gradation, but somehow everything still looks artificial.
      Is there another picture setting I'm missing, I've gone through every setting I can find.
    • By JoJoRabbit
      For a +1000$ TV, the subtitles system for the media player is not okay.
      1) The subtitles delay can only go in – time. No + (later). So if the subtitles come too early, you cannot improve it. It should be possible to control by 50ms or at least 100ms instead of only half seconds.
      2) The font is just bad. Not super legible, with inconsistent spacing (the space between letters is sometimes big, sometimes small), and a pretty bad design overall. Offer more fonts to choose, like other brands do.
      3) The smallest size possible is still relatively big. Why not give more control options? Maybe selecting the exact size by increments of 2 points instead of 6-7 options.
      4)  It should be possible to decide if subtitles have an outline or not, or shadow, just overall more control depending on personal taste and the film one watches. Just color is simply amateurish for this price.
      5) Offer more options to place to font even lower on the screen. I've seen others request this.
      Please LG, improve this in a firmware upgrade. Currently subtitles ruin my film experience. Thanks in advance.