Quantcast

PreCentral: Mobile Nations fitness month: Week 2! [TouchPad + Xbox Kinect giveaway]

News Reporter

fitness-february.jpg

The quest to get thinner, stronger, faster, and healthier with iMore and Mobile Nations continues!

We’ve survived of Mobile Nations Fitness Month. We’ve set our goals and whether we achieved them (yay!) or are still working on them (take that!), we’re feeling better and doing better because of it. And we’re getting tons of great feedback. This might just be the year where mobile and lifestyle fully come together, where eHealth and eFitness — or iHealth and iFitness — finally start making the impact we’ve all been waiting for. It’s gone from being a token arm band case to being an entire ecosystem of highly specialized companion apps and accessories.

We recorded a special edition of ZEN and TECH with CrackBerry.com’ Kevin Michaluk, where we answered a lot of questions, cleared up some big misconceptions, and went over a lot of dos and don’ts to get things going.

Also Kevin produced the single greatest (or most terrifying) fitness video in the history of YouTube. Watch his .

So let’s keep it going! Once again, we’re setting reasonable, attainable goals, and we’re going to take advantage of our awesome community to make sure we attain them. We have a special edition of our podcast coming your way this weekend to help keep you motivated. to keep us focused, keep us accountable, and keep us keeping on!

Oh, and we’re still giving away a lot of great prizes!

• Weekly drawings for an TouchPad Touchstone. We’re giving away 4 total, one each week!
  • Grand prize drawing for a 32GB TouchPad Bundle (includes Touchstone, Bluetooth Keyboard, and Folio Case)!

Our ZEN and TECH podcast has also added to the pot with an , so be sure to enter that as well!

So hurry up and jump into the forums and . Mobile Nations fitness month continues!

mf.gif

a2t.imgCJZGrFLWORU

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Alfvenwave
      Hi, I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this annoying new behaviour.
      I have my SKY Q box on HDMI1 and have become accustomed to switching back from Netflix (or any other app for that matter) by having HDMI1 assigned to button "1" using the Quick Access feature.  In the last week though, this feature has stopped working properly. If I am in Netflix and I press the "1" button, nothing happens (as expected). If instead I hold down the "1" button to switch to SKY I get a pop up that says this: "Do you want to add Netflix to [Quick Access 1]?".   If I then hold down the "0" button, the 3x3 grid "EDIT QUICK ACCESS" pop-up appears and I can clearly see my SKY Q/HDMI 1 in the top left grid position (button "1")!!!
      If I then switch via the Home button to HDMI1 and remove HDMI1 from Quick Access (via the  EDIT QUICK ACCESS pop up), I can then re-add it by holding down 1 or from within the pop-up. Now, if I go into Netflix and then hold down 1, my TV does (correctly) switch to HDMI1. Hurrah! If however I turn my TV off and back on, then go to Netflix, then hold down "1", I am back to square one with the question "Do you want to add Netwflix to [Quick Access 1]?"......Grrrr!!!
      I have tried switching the TV off at the wall, leaving for 10 seconds and repowering, which doesn't fix the problem (I don't believe WebOS reboots when you do this). LG appear to have made it a practical impossibility to reboot WebOS via anything other than a factory reset which I don't really want to do as it'll take me too long to get all my settings back to where I have them now. Some blogs suggest that the "User Licence agreement" setting can be changed which forces a reset from within the General tab but I don't see this on my TV (guessing that WebOS interface has changed).
      Anyone have any ideas? 
      Rob.

• By Mohannad Hanafi
      I installed webOS TV Emulator v6.0.0 and when I run it, it shows a black screen like this
      It's running on Oracle VM VirtualBox.

• By Anurag Rathi
      When I am trying to play premium content on hotstar, it is showing me the playback error. Please resolve this. In other devices it is working perfectly. I have raised this to hotstar they asked me to raise it to TV manufacturer. Attach is the screenshot of the issue.

• By News Reporter
      LG’s Labor Union Among NGOs Singled Out for Promoting UN’s Aims and Purposes

SEOUL, Jan. 18, 2022 — Unionized workers at LG Electronics (LG) in South Korea have been conferred special consultative status by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) for their efforts to prioritize ESG in the workplace. Being the first Korean labor union to be awarded such status with the UN is testament to the LG’s prioritization and continued dedication to union social responsibility (USR), a key component of the company’s commitment to ESG management.
      Consultative status is granted by ECOSOC upon recommendation by the Committee on NGOs, which is composed of 19 member states all who must demonstrate that their work has direct relevance to the aims and purposes of the United Nations. The recognition allows non-governmental organizations (NGOs) access to the many subsidiaries of the ECOSOC and the human rights expertise of the UN. Since the LG Electronics Union Social Responsibility Charter was introduced in 2010, LG assembly plant workers worldwide have signed on to the organization’s vision.
      While ESG evokes images of the environment and volunteerism in most people’s minds, how a company treats its employees, one of its most important stakeholder groups, is a critical component of an organization’s ESG performance. According to , companies that score high in employee satisfaction and their ability to attract good talent have significantly higher ESG scores than other organizations.
      “We are of course extremely proud of the recognition bestowed upon us by the UN for our efforts to fulfill our responsibilities to our members, society and the environment,” said Bae Sang-ho, the head of LG Electronics’ Union. “We are committed to leveraging this honor to encourage other unions to expand their own USR activities.”
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      LG’s virtual personality became the first virtual artist in Korea to sign a deal with an agency, a possible look at what’s around the corner in entertainment as virtual and physical worlds collide.

Reah will be making her debut as a singer under the MYSTIC STORY, an entertainment company in South Korea. Established by singer-songwriter in 2011, MYSTIC STORY is actively involved in creating compelling content with musicians and actors for every type of platform.

Since Reah was first introduced to the public at , she has continued to remain active on , sharing content with fans and performing her own musical compositions. Under the tutelage of MYSTIC STORY, Reah will take part in a new project led by founder and executive producer Yoon to showcase Reah’s distinctive voice.

“Singing about universal themes such as love, acceptance and unity is what I want to focus on,” said Reah. “In the near future I’d love to work with various artists in fashion and visual arts to broaden the style of content for my fans to enjoy. The opportunities as a virtual artist are endless.”
      # # #