Quantcast

LG’s Video Conferencing Platform Delivers Real-Time Cloud-Based Telemedicine Solution

News Reporter

LG’s Proprietary Platform Integrated with ezCaretech’s Application
Offers Healthcare Providers Fast, Accurate Patient Information

LG-Telemedicine-Solution-01-600x385.jpg

SEOUL, Aug. 25, 2021 — LG Electronics’ Video Conferencing Platform is being integrated with the new ezOntheCall telemedicine service to provide medical professionals with an advanced tool for remote delivery of outpatient support. Leveraging advanced cloud computing technology, ezOntheCall offers real-time access to medical records and clinical test results stored in hospital information systems (HIS) to enable healthcare professionals to quickly and easily retrieve the most up-to-date data on patients for immediate sharing over video calls.*

LG collaborated with healthcare technology provider,

link hidden, please login to view
, to develop the telemedicine solution, adapting its Video Conferencing Platform to ensure a seamless user experience. Combining LG’s WebRTC-based Video Conferencing Platform with ezCaretech’s EMR-based telemedicine application, the solution enables medical center and hospital staff to handle administrative processes and update relevant records while communicating with patients remotely. ezOntheCall also covers outpatient services with a portal that allows patients to conveniently book follow-up appointments or consultations as well as get prescriptions refilled without having to visit their healthcare providers in person.

LG’s Video Conferencing Platform is designed to meet the growing demand of the healthcare sector for effective tools for non face-to-face diagnosis and medical consultation. Delivering high-quality audio and video, the platform works seamlessly within PC web browsers, mobile devices and Internet of Things (IoT), allowing direct peer-to-peer communication without the need for additional plugins or apps.

Selected by Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of National Guard – Health Affairs (MNGHA), LG’s latest telemedicine solution is being implemented in six major hospitals throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, including King Abdulaziz Medical City in Riyadh and approximately 70 primary healthcare centers, starting this month. Following this initial rollout, the solution will be available in the United States and other key markets later this year.

“The ezOntheCall telemedicine solution featuring LG’s Video Conferencing Platform will usher in a new era of remote patient services,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “LG is focusing on the changing needs of the market and in partnership with key players across diverse sectors such as healthcare, we continue to invest heavily in the next generation of remote cloud-based service solutions.”

# # #

* Meets requirements of the U.S. Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology and complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By nkat
      Hello Team,
      I'm unable to play any video  any video on LG TV WebOS browswer. 
      I've tried to play
      link hidden, please login to viewm also, but no luck. I've toggled (on and off) the 'Adpative Javascript video stream' settings in browser but no luck.
      Can any one help on this .?
    • By News Reporter
      LG Offers Greater Versatility Across a Wider Range of Products From
      Third-Party Brands With Latest Upgrade to Its webOS Ecosystem

SEOUL, Nov. 17, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) announced that the new webOS Hub 2.0S for third party brands – released for TVs in September – is branching out this month to include smart monitors, responding to the expanding smart TV market as well as the highly increasing number of single-person households. While smart TVs are catered to family households, the rising trend of single-person households has led to a significant demand for smart monitors, making webOS Hub 2.0S, which offers both convenience and a large variety of content, a great choice for smaller screens as well.
      The new webOS Hub 2.0S presents greater hardware adaptability, broadening its availability beyond smart TVs, and is able to provide more options for third-party brands to offer a customizable user experience.
      A new addition on the main home UI screen of webOS Hub 2.0S is the Card App Home Hub & Music, granting access to an abundance of services with one remote click. Featuring a smart home ecosystem dashboard, users can customize control capabilities with supportive device status monitoring for TVs and IoT-based devices.
      Designed to meet a diverse range of user needs, the webOS Hub 2.0S offers comprehensive services with a variety of features. Users can easily access music from popular apps such as Spotify or music stored in USB drives via the Card App Music feature. Functions such as Remote PC allow easy access to content for hybrid work, ensuring users a seamless transition to office PCs or laptops. The platform enables convenient video calling and conferencing with support for USB cameras* and encourages productivity with an elevated home fitness experience. To cater to students and working professionals, webOS 2.0S allows accessibility to streaming services like Netflix and YouTube. Compatibility with Apple Home and AirPlay* enables users to easily and securely control compatible smart home accessories and effortlessly stream movies, music, games, and photos using their Apple devices as well.
      Affirming its exceptional services and unparalleled versatility, LG has diligently bolstered its market presence over the past three years by integrating the webOS Hub into various third-party products with over 300 brands joining in this exciting endeavor.
      Following the success of the company’s approach, LG is expanding the webOS Hub platform to a broader range of smart TVs and smart monitors, solidifying its presence in the industry with a commitment to providing seamless access to the webOS Hub experience across multiple devices.
      # # #
      *Apple Home and AirPlay, USB camera features are only available on the 1.5GB model equipped with webOS Hub 2.0S.

• By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s Innovative In-Vehicle Infotainment Capabilities Combine With Magna’s Cutting-
      Edge ADAS and AD Technologies in Companies’ Latest Collaboration

SEOUL, Jan. 4, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) will hold a private demonstration for major automakers at CES 2024, introducing a new cross domain platform integrating Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS), Automated Driving (AD) and In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) technologies. Developed by LG in collaboration with Magna, a global mobility tech company, the game-changing future mobility platform is expected to arrive on the market in the near future.
      Initiated in 2023, the collaboration leverages the combined technological prowess of LG and Magna, to help deliver differentiated user experiences in the vehicle cabin. The two companies have successfully integrated a cross domain cockpit computing system into a single System on Chip (SoC) representing a flexible and cost-effective solution for OEMs.
      The single electronic module supports multiple IVI systems and ADAS/AD domain integration, and can efficiently handle various Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) requirements while using fewer electronic control units and taking up less packaging space. This scalable solution is ideal for the coming transition towards the Software-Defined Vehicle (SDV) and for the consolidation of its electrical/electronic architecture. The integration of functionalities into a single module enables the real-time sharing of rich data across domains.
      Via a dedicated Human Machine Interface (HMI), LG’s platform can provide drivers and passengers with compelling, new experiences – and more intuitive interactions – when using advanced automotive displays, digital clusters, Augmented Reality-Head Up Displays (AR-HUD) and visualization software. Additionally, the solution can be customized to meet any OEM’s integrated communications and IVI system needs. 2027 model year vehicles are expected to be the first to benefit from this advanced technology.
      “We are extremely pleased with the progress we have made on this future mobility technology,” said Eun Seok-hyun, president of LG Vehicle component Solutions Company. “LG and Magna’s joint efforts will help push the industry forward, facilitating the rapid adoption of crucial technologies that elevate driving safety and the on-road experience.”
      Another successful collaboration between the two companies, LG Magna e-Powertrain unites Magna’s expertise in electric powertrain systems with LG’s capabilities in component development for e-motors, inverters and on-board chargers. Announced in 2021, the joint venture, which encompasses engineering, design and manufacturing, enables LG and Magna to proactively respond to market trends and deliver innovative solutions to fulfill customers’ evolving needs.
      # # #

• By Bob17821
      The Wi-Fi module in my LG TV, roughly 5 or six years old, (WebOS UJ6300) is apparently broken.  I am looking for a solution cheaper and maybe more interesting than having the TV repaired.  There are devices which will pick up Wi-Fi, convert it to ethernet, and deliver it to the male  part of an ethernet port.  In the past I have used such a device to provide Wi-Fi support to a desktop computer which did not have Wi-Fi support but did have an ethernet port.  I forget the particulars, but it did work just fine. But a smart TV with Web 0S is not a desktop or laptop computer.  My concern is how to provide the SSID and password to the device.  My vague recollection is that such a device in a laptop or desktop computer can trigger a dialogue which requests the SSID and password.  But will web OS provide such a dialogue?  If I recall correctly, wired ethernet connections do not require SSIDs or passwords.

Thanks,  Bob