Quantcast

Enhanced LG Channels Features New UX and Expanded Selection of Free, Premium Content

News Reporter

Redesigned Interface and Popular K-Content Makes the Viewing
Experience Even More Enjoyable And Engaging on LG Smart TVs

LG-Channels-01-e1627868887170.jpg

SEOUL, Aug. 10, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) is upgrading its free, premium content streaming service, LG Channels, to provide an enhanced viewing experience for LG smart TV customers. In addition to the redesigned UI, the upgrade introduces more channels and a wider range of content for viewers to enjoy, including popular K-content, movies, sports, music and news, increasing its current 1,600+ channels to 1,900 channels.*

With viewership and viewing time of LG Channels doubling compared to last year, LG is expanding LG Channels’ global availability from 14 to 25 countries, tripling its European coverage by the end of the year. LG Channels will also be coming to more than 30 brands of smart TVs powered by LG’s own webOS TV platform, including Motorola, JVC, Polaroid and MASTER-G.

LG Channels’ new UI is designed to help users navigate more intuitively and easily with an enhanced content recommendation function that analyzes viewing preferences to suggest the most relevant offerings from its broad library of free content. The new UI is available for LG smart TV models running webOS versions 5.0 and newer, with a version for webOS 3.0 through 4.5 coming soon. The LG Channels app for smartphones will launch later this year starting in North America, giving users another convenient way to enjoy the content.

With LG’s partnership with the South Korean digital media platform company, NEW ID, LG Channels has been adding fresh, compelling K-content to the LG Channels library since 2020. As part of its service expansion, LG is set to launch more channels and expand availability to more countries. The premium Korean movie channel, NEW K.MOVIES, launched in Europe and will soon be available in North America and Mexico where interest in Korean entertainment is at an all time high.

And LG will continue to expand its collaboration with leading global and local content providers to enrich the viewing experience on LG TVs, further diversifying its programming for new audiences with channels such as Rakuten Viki, OnDemandChina, BABY SHARK TV and Kids Pang TV. Rakuten TV, already featured on LG Channels in major European markets, offers the best selection of curated content from different categories including comedy, action, drama and Rakuten Stories. The Rakuten TV app can be quickly and conveniently accessed via a dedicated hot key on the latest LG Magic Remote.

Additionally, more than 100 Pluto TV channels will be coming to LG Channels later this year in select countries in Europe and Latin America. Pluto TV offers a curated selection of unique channels with local and international fare for all interests and ages, such as Pluto TV Action, Masterchef, Pluto TV Cinema, Pluto TV Telenovelas and Pluto TV Anime.

And thanks to LG’s distribution partnership with Amagi, renowned producer Quincy Jones’ global hub for music and culture Qwest TV will be launching on LG TVs in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil and Mexico by the end of 2021. As an added bonus local services such as Hollywire will be coming to Brazil and Mexico while Spanish viewers will be able to enjoy TV UP.

# # #

* Availability of channels to vary by region and country.

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jim11787
      New setup and I can’t change channels using tv magic remote- I have to use set top box remote. Verified setup with LG tech today and it is correct. Upon him checking for solutions he said there is a software bug that is not allowing the magic remote to change channels. Stated a fix is in works but doesn’t know when it will be available. Asked for a supervisor and was told one would call back in a few hours but they didn’t. I can return the tv now but was wondering if others are having this issue and for how long. I don’t want to get stuck with a tv with multiple remotes. 
    • By SailorMoon
      Hello,
      I have a problem with my new LG OLED G2 newest version 4 firmware.
      I tried sorting my satellite channels with chansort programm from github, because sorting them with the tv remote is a pain.
      When I try to sort them with the remote and have selected about 10 or more channels all the selected channels get suddenly getting deselected, so I can only select up to 10 at a time  to 
      sort them -> must be some kind of firmwarebug? 
      After exporting the channellist to a usb stick then editing it with chansort an importing it back into the tv all my channels are gone, all transponderns are deleted.
      First I thought it was a charsort problem but all channels and transponders get also deleted when I simply export them to a usb drive an import them back, without editing the file at all.
      Does someone know how to fix this problem? 
      And yes I´ve done multiple factory resets -> did not fix any of this behaviour.
      I also discoverd another bug the deletes all channels, because I needed to reboot the tv I searched for a reboot option in the tvs menu, but there is no reboot option.
      To do a full reboot (except from forcing it through cutting the tvs power) you can deselect the privicy agreements, after that the tv reboots, but then all channels are gone too.

• By Cris
      All my channels have gone. 
      Firstly it started with a bad broken image and sound in a few changes. Then some disappeared. 
      I went to do a automatic tuning to see if I could get them back.
      Eventually instead of recovering the missing ones I lost all channels.
      I have retuning, replugging and even reseting the TV and nothing....
      I phoned LG and they did remotely everything I did do, and no results.
      They told I need to repair my TV.
      How is that possible? One day all normal and then all gone.....
      Please can any one help me ???

Thanks
      Cris
    • By Onennee Houbeles
      Hi. I need advise with DTV channels. I have sort cca 34 channels on my favorite group. When switching channels with Up/Down button on remote, sometimes the TV doesn't switch them in order. For example, 1,2,3,4,5 and then skip again to 1. After few seconds, maybe 1,2 minutes switch them in order and all. Sometimes TV delete some channels from favorite group. DTV via CI+ Neotion CAM
      The second problem is with recording. Program record with Live Playback, when play back the player skip and omit. I use Kingston 1TB SSD disc. Previously WD Elements 500GB HDD.
      LG OLED55C21
      Sorry for my English, I hope somebody understand me
    • By News Reporter