Quantcast

Access Live playback without magic remote

mayhemfiasco

Question

Is it possible to access Live playback, i.e. pause, rewind live TV with a universal remote, not using the LG magic remote?

I have an LG 65" OLED B8 and use a Logitech Harmony 650 remote  - can't use the magic remote as a universal remote as my sound runs through an AV receiver connected via the toslink input on the TV, not HDMI., so no Simplink/CEC. 

Live playback is working fine (recording to hard drive ok) and I would swear that when I set up the Logitech remote it was able to pause and rewind live TV just using the Play/Pause/Rewind  buttons on the harmony remote no problem, but when I tried it recently it wouldn't work. Nothing in my set up has changed. Has something changed with webOS??

I've check the Harmony setup is correct and if I bring up the live playback scroll bar with the magic remote, then the buttons on the Logitech work perfectly so I don't think it's a Logitech Harmony problem.

The only thing I can't figure out is how to get the harmony remote to bring up the Live Playback display, without using the magic remote.  I also find that shaking the magic remote to get the pointer doesn't work very well, so I have to move the scroll wheel to get the pointer, which changes the channel, so I'd rather avoid it altogether (I also feel like I used to be able to bring up the magic remote pointer by clicking the scroll wheel, but that doesn't work any more either. Did I imagine it?)

Any suggestions on a button function I can program on the Harmony to bring up the Live Playback display, or better yet restore the ability to just press Play/Pause/Rewind on the Harmony and it works without needing the Live Playback scroll bar to be displayed first?

Apologies if I haven't explained my issue properly. i've never had a problem with my OLED before ( I love it!) so am a first time poster. any ideas?

5 answers to this question

Hi, I have the same issue. Have had my 60uh652t for several years and using a Logitech Universal harmony hub remote which was perfect and the last few months i think an update was released which changed some minor things. I also cannot access the live playback function which was working perfectly fine for years and in most disappointed about but also upon turning on the tv it now runs through the apps menu and tv show info/ on now/on next. Which is what comes up everytime I push the button that used to bring up the live playback. Did you ever source a fix? Thanks

You would think that LG or webOS would have rectified this issue pretty quickly in a software update, as this seems to be the issue to begin with.

At first I thought my kids had day on the remote and changed something, then i thought something had stuffed up with my Logitech harmony companion remote. Never wood I have ever thought of looking for and switching off Hbbtv!

Everything was working fine until a month or two ago when the latest 'update' came out.

Anyway, glad it's sorted now 👍