Quantcast

MAKING GREENER CHOICES IN EVERYDAY LIFE

Greener-Choices-01.png

The recognition of environmental issues has come a long way in the past six decades since the publication of Rachel Carson’s book Silent Spring. Today, nations, international organizations and even brands are working to alleviate greenhouse gases, save plants and animals on the brink of extinction and enrich the biodiversity of our lands. For average people without billion dollar budgets, simply taking a reusable shopping bag to the grocery store, eating more environmentally-friendly foods or factoring the environment into purchasing decisions can make a difference.

Greener-Choices_02-600x600.jpg

With the well-being of our planet in mind, LG Electronics (LG) has been helping consumers make smarter, greener choices for years. With a long history of innovation in home appliances, residential heating and cooling systems, LG has been setting an example for consumer electronics companies to follow by developing world-class sustainable technologies that take care of chores and keep homes fresh and comfortable without leaving a large environmental footprint.

Natural Power of Steam

Greener-Choices-03-441x600.png

The TrueSteam™ technology featured in LG’s dishwasher, dryer and Styler harnesses the natural power of steam to cut through dirt and food debris and eliminate the fabric stains you can see – and the bacteria and odors you can’t.* The high-temperature steam is created by boiling water inside the appliance, which means less harmful detergent finds its way into our wastewater systems.

Next-Generation Refrigerant

Greener-Choices-04.png

By adopting a low global warming potential (GWP) refrigerant, LG is taking its ecological responsibility to the next level by presenting solutions that pose less threat to the environment. R32, the industry’s next-generation refrigerant, has 70 percent lower GWP and requires 20 percent less gas than R410A, making the company’s heating and hot water system, Therma V, and air conditioning system, Multi V S, more environment friendly.

Greener-Choices-05.png

What’s more, LG upgraded its DUAL Inverter Heat Pump dryer lineup by switching refrigerants from R314A to R290 – one of the lowest-GWP refrigerants currently available. LG dryers meet the high standards of TÜV Rheinland required for Green Product certification thanks to their sustainable use of resources and climate change mitigation.

The restoration of our ecosystem is everyone’s responsibility. Governments, businesses, communities and individuals across the world all have a vital part to play and there’s no better time to begin our eco-friendly mission than today. It’s time to make those small, smarter changes to everyday life that will help make a better tomorrow possible.

# # #

* Availability of TrueSteam™ on dryer products vary by region.
Dishwasher certified by Korea Testing & Research Institute for reducing 99.9 percent of Escherichia coli, Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella Typhimurium operating on Sanitizing Wash cycle (3-4 times final rinsing and steam emission) for 39 minutes.
Dryer tested by Korean Apparel Testing and Research Institute (KATRI) showing Steam Hygiene option sanitizes 99.99 percent of harmful bacteria including Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Pneumococcal bacillus in 6.4 kilograms load (international test standard).
Styler endorsed by the British Allergy Foundation (BAF) for reducing live house dust mite and bacteria with Sanitary Normal cycle, and viruses (H3N2, H1N1, PEV, IBRV, ICHV, PEDV, MHV, and hCoV-229E) with Sanitary Heavy Duty cycle. Certified as an asthma and allergy friendly® appliance by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA).
Certified by Korea Apparel Testing & Research Institute (KATRI) comparing results using Refresh cycle.

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.