Quantcast

New UI Update Web Browser bug with Disappearing Subtitles (LG C9 etc.)

After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.

Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.

Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same issues on 77CX. Previous browser version had other issues but not as bad as the new one. Hope it gets fixed soon, I hate that such an expensive TV has these kinds of issues. Where is the QA?

I found that turning off Adaptive Streaming using Javascript fixes the disappearing subtitle issue, but it means sacrificing video quality, so it's not a good solution. (play / pause still won't work).

Also there is no way to downgrade back to the original version. 

I also have a C9, luckily I haven't and will not update the browser on that TV as it's been working great, better than the original CX browser version (new update ruined it completely). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I found something that helps, reset TV to factory settings, before that write down your region and backup programs to usb, then after restoring, set region and restore programs, new browser is gone, but every time you run browser it  asks for update and you have to press launch. I found it in a thread and also users suggested to watch movies for free in watchsomuch.tv which was a great site and is fully compatible with WebOS browser. If pay you can watch outstanding 4K qualities on LG OLED

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed the latest web os update. Problem is still not solved. I am now forced to run inferior new version and because it is a web os update it cant be downgraded by restoring to factory settings. it is a fucking disgrace.  LG please comment.

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.