Quantcast

UM7500PTA can't select internal subtitles in MKV files since 5.00.15 update (there is a workaround though)

Laci Márkus

Question

Hi all - have an UM7500PTA TV and steaming movies from my Synology NAS's DLNA server. (mkv HDR 2160p movies mostly)

SRT embedded subtitles had not been a problem and could select any of the SRT subtitle tracks, but not since 5.00.15 update.

I found a workaround though: if I add a dummy external srt file with one single subtitle inside, I can select internal subtitles and then the "track" button will be active to select any embedded srt sub.

Was looking into firmware downgrade via LgDTVUpDater, but not sure if a 2019 model TV can be downgraded that way.

Any ideas - thank you.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JohnoFon
      I'm hard of hearing, and even with hearing aids I have to turn the volume so high that it deafens everyone else.
      It would make my life easier if I could listen on headphones while everyone else listens to the speaker.
    • By MURAD
      Hello , There is no setting to select subtitles for series and movies, I tried clicking on the colors on the remote, but nothing worked, I poked around in settings and found nothing. I sent several emails to the company, but no response was received. I remember that there was an option in the previous version, who has the same problem and what can be done?
    • By starwoodtech
      I have an optical plugged into a hearing aid box. I also have an LG S95QR sound bar plugged into the eARC.
      Works fine in eARC. When I try to select the optical + TV option for output, it switches over ok for about .5 seconds, then automatically switches back to the eARC output without me doing it.
      Does anyone know what it might do this? Why can't I change my output if I so choose?
    • By dzoole
      Silly question by me, but it seems that I can't find subtitle button on LG ThinQ app on my mobile phone? Anyone knows if we can select subtitles through the LG ThinQ app?
    • By BGee
      On my LG 60SJ850T, Watching Horizon from AppleTV streaming service. Western with some scenes with Apache language being spoken. No subtitles appearing. When CC is on, see “foreign language being spoken”. When viewed on iPhone, there are subtitles. Have tried same movie using chrome cast TV, and casting from iPhone to Apple TV device. Never get subtitles. Verified subtitles work when I stream to same chromecast TV connected to a different TV. 

reset LG TV to factory settings after trying all available CC and subtitle settings on TV. Still no subtitles.