Quantcast

LG CX HDMI EDID missing multichannel LPCM

Question

Hello,

there is a problem with the EDID reported by the LG CX, with the current firmware 03.21.18, related to the audio formats exposed in the HDMI EDID info. 

The TV states support for only 2 channels, then disabling multichannel LPCM via eARC with some eARC connected equipment. 

LG C9 was affected by the same issue and LG released a firmware update where the number of channels for LPCM reported in the HDMI EDID info was upgraded from 2 to 9.

Would please LG make a firmare update fixing this for the LG CX too?

Regards,

Dani

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By cb4332
      Hi guys, I have an older received (Arcam AVR300) that only support optical input, so I was able to add it manually via Connected Devices, and can control the volume and mute, however I can't turn it off quickly (can only do it via the "..." button and selected sound bar and then power). This work, but is it possible to map this to lets say the top box on/off button or even some other button? Maybe even some cable I would but to make this work. The old remove is dead so I need a way out and the receiver is old and I don't want to keep it on always. Thanks
    • By C.s. Midha
      I have LGWeb Os LF6300 TV(43") with firmware 4.60.40and my update option remains always ticked. When I manually try tp update, I get a messahe" no update vailsble". Whereas I have read that latest version is 6.0.0. How can I update tv to latest Firmware version.
      CSMidha
    • By imadous
      Hi everyone, 
      I wish LG would consider updating their Codecs list or at least give us a way of installing this codecs in our TV manually. i know my TV is capable of playing a lot of stuff but i'm always stuck with "not supported" for most of the media i have. 
      One of the most wished stuff i'd love to see is 
      Added support for H.264 10bit (still very popular and used a lot) 
      as well as Opus codecs (its a Free codec and its getting a lot use recently especially with H.265 MKV videos) 
      Like i said, please add this codecs and more or at least give us a way of doing it ourselves. i know there might be legal issues and some codecs are payed, so just let us install it ourselves instead. 
      Thanks. 

• By C C
      [Feature-Request] Set power on to last HDMI input

Not sure if this feature request would be part of LG webOS or would require changes to some lower level control software for my TV.
      But... It seems that every time I switch it on, it seemingly randomly selects a HDMI input, I  mostly use the same HDMI input so I wanted to ask for a feature request in the next software update that makes the TV remember the last selected HDMI input so I don't have to keep manually selecting it.
      In addition, maybe a second option in the TVs settings that can auto select the input based on there being an input signal or not, that might be useful for people that switch devices allot.
      Thanks