Quantcast

Apps pop up along bottom of screen when switching TV on

CJW

Question

I have an SM9010PLA just over a year old. Since a month or so ago whenever the TV is switched on all the apps pop up along the bottom of the screen as if I've pressed the home button. They stay there for about 30 seconds unless I select TV or point the pointer to the screen and click. I thought it might be a system upgrade problem and I've since checked if there are any further upgrades and there aren't. I reset the TV to factory settings which said it would also delete all the apps I had installed - which it didn't.

Anyone else had this and/or know a solution.

3 answers to this question

On 4/3/2021 at 5:13 PM, td47 said:

@CJW Try this:

Settings > General > Additional Settings > Home Settings > Home Auto Launch (toggle to off or disable).

Do you know how to get this bar to show while watching TV? The only way I know to access apps is to press the Home button, which then takes me to a whole new page (and turns off live TV).

I have a SM9010PLA and when I press the home button all the apps pop up along the bottom but the TV still shows the live channel that’s on. Afraid I’ve no idea why yours doesn’t do the same so I can’t really help other than to say yours should be doing the same as mine. 
Don’t think LG’s software is the best as I’ve had two or three issues which have only  been sorted by doing a factory reset which is a pain and even now it sometimes loses channels which means doing an auto scan. This was my first and will be my last LG, all my previous Samsungs have been brilliant. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By TVNerd95
      Hi,
      Bought a new C4 OLED but i get black screens randomly when using internal streaming apps or just going back to the home menu. It seems as if WEBOS is crashing and i can only cut power and reboot when this happens...
      Is it a software or panel issue
    • By victoranthony
      Hey everyone,
      I have had LG TV for just two years. Last weekend, when I turned it on, it showed a blank white screen but was still illuminated, with sound working. No LG logo or image appeared. I unplugged the TV and held the power button for 30 seconds while it was unplugged, and the screen issue fixed the issue for a week. 
      However, the same white screen problem has now returned, and the power reset trick no longer works.
      Should I contact a local TV repair technician or reach out to LG customer support first?  Any advice?
    • By Harisharan Khadka
      Hello, LG Webos does support Lionsgate play???
    • By joe zx
      I have LG oled 55b8pla, it is connected to the net, it has the latest update installed, when I start the web browser application and in the on-screen keyboard I start typing for example the URL of the web page, so instead of the number 1 it displays a number 2, instead of the number 2 a completely different character, etc. etc. etc.
      I turned the TV on/off, turned the app on/off, unregistered the remote and registered it again. No effect so far.
      Any advice, thanks.

• By starwoodtech
      I have a 65 Inch LG OLED evo AI C4 4K Smart TV 2024 - Model OLED65C4PUA.ACC. here have been a many weird things happening. This is one of them:
      I have 2 HDMI 2.1 cables attached to a Rogers Internet TV unit (HDMI 4) and the other 2.1 cable plugged into an XBOX Series X (HDMI 3). If the TV is on an HDMI 4 is active, and I turn on the XBOX (HDMI 3), the TV begins to swtich back and forth constantly and never ends until I turn off the TV. It will automatically switch itself from HDMI 4 to 3, then 3 to 4, then back to 3 again non-stop.
      If I power off the XBOX, this behaivor stops.
      Would anyone know why this does that? Is this a software or hardware problem? I tried to describe this to LG Support but they had no answers.