Quantcast

How can I connect headphones to LG tv with no headphone jack

frewmore

Question

Hi, I joined the forum looking for some advice on how to connect wired headphones to an LG 55UK7550PLA television  which does not have a headphone jack.  And if it’s not possible to connect wired headphones I would consider using Wireless or Bluetooth headphones but to be honest I don’t know the difference between them and which would be the most suitable so open to any suggestions. thanks,Ron

1 answer to this question

@frewmore I beleive the 55UK7550PLA has Optical (TosLink) sound output, so if you look at the first 4 in the "best of" list below (as they have bypass - so you can have the sound ALSO to go out to your amp or Sound Bar). The reason for the bypass, is that most TV "sound out" settings can ONLY have either TV Speakers, OR HDMI (ARC to/from AVR/AMP), OR Optical out (that is then the INPUT to the adaptor, and ITS output piggy-backs out to the OTHER required sound devices you might want, i.e. sound-bar or AVR/AMP). The good ones will allow you to use either Bluetooth or wired output to your headphones.  Try Amazon in your country, to see if any of those are available

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By DavidSr
      We have two LG TV's that stopped connecting to our PLEX media server after the last update. TImes out saying "Checking connection speed to Raspberrypi" which the PLEX is on
      Upgraded the Mesh Routers before trying anything, still only the PLEX app doesn't work
      Our other TCL TV and Roku and TIVO still work with Plex, so this is only the LG TV's that can't connect anymore.
      Another annoying error after the last update is that any Streaming app (Amazon, Netflix, and DIsney) now fall out of the app and go back to HDMI port 1 if we pause for 30 seconds.  Which we have always done for a Bathroom break or getting drinks.
    • By Nigelrw
      We ran an ARC sound bar with surround sound on a C9 OLED TV - this works fine . I would like to add a bluetooth headphone for my partner to use as her hearing is getting worse but key is to operate both the sound bar and the bluetooth headphones at same time  - Has anyone done this . I can see away to do it with internal speaker option but quaility of speakers is not too good on the C9. 
    • By williemyers
      hi all,
      for a couple of years now, I've enjoyed AirPlay between my mid-2012 MacBook Pro and my LG Smart TV. But last week, I had to do a Migriation Asst./Time Machine re-install of the system drive on my MacBook Pro/Mojave. Result is that I can no longer get a connection with my LG TV. Two things:
      When attempting to AirPlay connect, I now get a Mac window asking for a PIN code. Then , the LG goes black and gives me a 4-digit AirPlay code, I enter it in to the Mac, but it reports, "could not connect to LG TV" etc. 2. I've put an AirPlay icon in the menu bar, but when I click on it, I see a greyed-out "AirPlay:" that constantly switches back and forth between "AirPlay: Looking for TV..." and "AirPlay: Off"
      All help/thoughts appreciated!
    • By JamesH
      I output the sound from my LG 75UJ657A to external speakers through a bluetooth connection, but it doesn't automatically connect to the bluetooth device when I turn the TV on. Whenever I cycle the TV off and, then, back on, the TV asks if I want to connect to the bluetooth device, and I have to select "yes" with the remote. My smart phone automatically connects to all the bluetooth devices I've set it up with. When I start my car, my phone connects automatically to the car stereo/phone system, and it does the same with other bluetooth speakers I have. This is what I want my TV to do.
      How do I get my LG 75UJ657A to automatically connect to the bluetooth device I've set up with it?
    • By KNICKNL
      Can anyone out there use wireless headphones on their LG TV when the HDMI eARC port is being utilized??