Quantcast

Missing Broadcast Service Provider

Absenm

Question

First, I have search other forums and documentation.  Haven’t found a solution.

I am not asking about an AT&T TV app.  I know there is not one at this time. I’m talking about the service provider that is specified in webOS.  This is what is used by Lists and Guide to show current broadcast television.   The closest service provider listed is AT&T U-verse, which is not AT&T TV.  Btw AT&T TV Now is also not on the list but also is not AT&T TV either.  Without the correct service provider I get wildly incorrect broadcast information.  Is there a work around or any plans to add AT&T TV to the broadcaster list.  Again, I am not talking about an app.  I am talking about the broadcaster list.

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

@Absenm I assume you are asking about OTA (Over-the-Air) regular Live TV from your antenna, and NOT a cable TV provision? If so, this will vary from country to country, and then area within that country, for large countries like USA, Australia etc. It would be useful to know what LG model you are asking about, what country and area you are using it in, and if the TV was ever initally used in another area or country, as these are set for the country initially used in, as delivered to the dealer.

No-one other than LG software developers can "see" inside the firmware, to glean the internal infomation about CDN servers used for On Demand stuff, or what "lists" are there for triggers to country codes usage and providers.

If you can give examples of the incorrect Broadcast Providers Information you are seeing, others on here MAY have experience of this, and be able to offer more help.

Otherwise, try raising your concerns with LG directly, in your country, giving them as much detail as possible to work with.

Well, the tv is LG 50UN7300PUF and only in the USA, never used elsewhere.  

AT&T TV is AT&T’s replacement for AT&T U-verse.  It is not over the air.  It is just like cable, but streaming in real time over the internet. It comes with a set top box, or you can use a mobile device,  Real-time like charter, and direct, and dish.  All the channels like A&E and weather channel and TBS and local CBS shown in real-time just like cable.  It’s only been active for a year and a half, but AT&T is pushing all its TV broadcasting services that direction.  AT&T is putting all its TV broadcasting services in the AT&T TV basket.  They are no longer even accepting new subscribers to U-verse and I think also the NOW services.  The EPG providers already have the data for AT&T TV.

@Absenm
So, you are running the AT&T service via an external box, fed via your home internet, then to the TV via an HDMI cable from that box, yes? If that is correct, then what has it got to do with the LG TV or the WebOS?  It does rather sound like you need to reach out to AT&T with the issue.

The LG and WebOS when providing a listing of broadcast service providers does not list AT&T TV as an option.  Samsung smart TVs don’t have a problem recognizing AT&T TV as a service provider.  It think WebOS simply is overlooking a relatively new service. I think AT&T TV is being viewed as an on demand service like HBO Max or Discovery+ Instead of a live Tv service. But I do have a direct message to LG about the issue.  I’ll let you know if I find out anything.  

@Absenm OK, it is clearer to me now: AT&T U-verse was with the box, but has now stopped, and been replaced with the AT&T TV as an on-demand APP,  but you have not yet got the APP on the LG TV, correct?

You might get more mileage out of contacting AT&T to ask when the TV app will be rolled out to LG TV's and when. I suspect it will be to the newer flagship ones first, but they should be in a position to tell you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Lleuadwen
      Hi, I hope someone can help. I recently bought this TV but can’t find the Art Gallery app that is supposed to be part of the Home Screen.  I have searched in apps but only third party art gallery style apps show. What am I missing here?
      Thanks

• By 43UR81006LJ
      I reset my lg tv which was set in the Uk when it came from the box since i bought it and i don't live in the Uk and i already rested the tv 5 times and i can't find the orginal post code area and edited back what should i do can u give me the orginal post code area
    • By Flavio_S
      On LG OLEDs. You go on and disable SIMPLINK. Fine. But everytime you turn on your HDMI device it enables itself back again. This happens because they have disables two key features that were present in previous OSs, as you can see clearly here
      link hidden, please login to view (they even put screencaps of the menus where you see the missing options in the 23) These functions are Auto Power Sync and Auto Device Detection.
      Man updates are supposed to add functionalities not the other way around. It's very annoying to turn on your TV and have your AVR turn on without you wanting to.

Anyone found a solution for this problem?
    • By techguy noob
      Hi,

My LG TV model number 32LM560BPTC is having an issue where the Sun NXT app is no longer available on the LG Content Store. I was able to watch it before, but starting yesterday, the app disappeared. However, on my other OLED LG TV, the Sun NXT app is still available in the LG Content Store. Is this issue specific to the 32LM560BPTC model TVs?

Thanks,
      Sarath
    • Weebly - Websites, eCommerce & Marketing in one place.
    • By News Reporter
      LG Smart TVs Offer Latin American Users Free Anime Onegai FAST Channels for the
      First Time With Spanish Subtitles and Dubbing

MEXICO CITY, May. 15, 2024 — LG Electronics (LG) is offering LG TV owners in Latin America free channels from popular Japanese anime platform Anime Onegai through the company’s exclusive, free streaming service, LG Channels. Anime Onegai is a streaming platform focused on anime founded by Japanese company REMOW, delivering Japanese anime straight from Japan. Available for the first time ever, Anime Onegai’s free ad-supported streaming television (FAST) channels are set to delight anime enthusiasts across Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru and Colombia with high-quality Spanish subtitles and dubbing. Whether long-time anime fans or exploring the genre for the first time, Anime Onegai on LG Channels promises to deliver a captivating viewing experience on large LG Smart TV screens.
      Anime Onegai on LG Channels provides an extensive selection of anime content to the Latin American audience for free, a region boasting a significant anime fanbase with multiple countries among the top consumers of anime worldwide. Exclusively tailored to Spanish speakers, users can discover anime from a diverse range of genres, from thrilling sports, futuristic science fiction and action-packed adventures to rhythmic music and emotional dramas that tug at the heartstrings.
      The Anime Onegai Sport channel invites LG smart TV users to enter the captivating universe of “Kuroko’s Basketball,” a must-see anime that fuses traditional sports with fantasy elements for original adrenaline-filled excitement. For those looking for fast-paced storytelling, the Anime Onegai Action channel provides high-octane content like “REBORN!” a gripping series filled with dynamic characters and masterfully crafted fight scenes.
      Anime Onegai also offers content that inspires viewers with healing moments for relaxation and reflection. “Natsume Yujin-cho,” a slice-of-life anime featured on the Anime Onegai Drama channel, takes viewers on an emotional journey filled with heartfelt moments. The Anime Onegai Music channel understands the power music holds in transporting viewers to a new world or intensifying a dramatic scene. Here, music fans can immerse themselves in dramas such as “Full Moon,” which promises viewers an immersive experience with enchanting melodies.
      In addition to a diverse selection of sports, action, drama and music channels, the Anime Onegai Sci-Fi channel on LG Channels presents compelling narratives with futuristic adventures and unique worldbuilding. LG Smart TV users can dive into the popular sci-fi anime “Broken Blade” and experience a world filled with epic battles, advanced technology and political intrigue.
      Available on LG Smart TVs launched in 2016 and later, LG Channels can be effortlessly accessed directly from the home screen. LG Channels remains the preferred choice for LG Smart TV users worldwide, maintaining its position among the top five most used apps. With the addition of Anime Onegai, users can delve into an even broader selection of content for differentiated entertainment experiences.
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view